no more spamming this thread!

maverick

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Euhm, actually that is not what he meant!

It means that because of the new rules, people will be demoted and it will be much harder to achieve a high rank. Spamming in this context means that if you place a lot of meaningless post or a lot of posts in a row in the forum, you'll be spamming the forum.

I think you'll recieve a warning at first, maybe a number of posts will be deducted from your account and if you're really bad you might just get yourself banned.

I think this answers your question! ;)

Guest c4evap

No no no...spamming has something or other to do with that phony ham invented to repair jeep tires in WWII. I'm sure I read that somewhere...

c4 :p

Yep.

That was me giving an example of spamming. Its the practice of opsting 1-5 words that isnt relevent, or justa a "yep" "lol" or something that dosent further the conversation. People do this, just to see their post / meaningless rank go up.

Guest c4evap
It means that because of the new rules, people will be demoted and it will be much harder to achieve a high rank. Spamming in this context means that if you place a lot of meaningless post or a lot of posts in a row in the forum, you'll be spamming the forum.

Who is going to make that distinction? Maybe someone might think your post is spam (not that I do).

c4 [not spamming] ;)

catch my drift

sorry for spamming, I was just making a point

EDIT: this is how you don't spam if you think of something after you post. hit the edit button, type edit if you want people to know you added it later, and add you text.

BTW, from what I gather, nite generally prefere's private messages over email, but I am not nite, so I cant be sure.

Spamming as nite stated it is when you uselessly post consecutively. Some (like myself) also consider spamming those pointless posts. Basically its anything you do to increase your rank that serves no purpose to the greater good.

I didn't think consecutive posts raised your rank any? I though there had to be posts in between for it to make any difference. What frustrates me is people that on their first day here get like 50 posts by running through every topic, quoting someone, and then saying, "I agree." That isn't as big an issue on this forum though. This one has the "poll" problem.

EDIT: Ok, I just tested, and I was wrong. It appears consecutive posting would increase your post total. Someone told me it wouldn't. Oh well.

This is not spamming because I am replying to weyoun.

Yeah dude, that ticks me too. I've been here for a long time, longer then most of the people that use the boards (the old guys seem to not post much) I get fumed when someone that registered in april surpasses me in posts, cause I post ALOT. On that note, when I was making my stupid example of spam, my posts did go up.

EDIT: I think the double post feature used to be in effect, but obviously not anymore.

Guest c4evap
This topic should be closed and deleted

I agree.

EDIT: Oh sorry...that was spamming I guess. Oops!

c4 ;)