What Kind of music you like?

Engineer101

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything electronic, except trance and hardcore.

Preferably drum'n'bass, breaks, idm and downtempo, especially stuff with sci-fi flavoured soundscapes.

Also emo, hardcore, alternative metal, brit-rock and experimental rock.

Also doing some music production and dj'ing. Anyone else?

Post your audioscrobbler!

edit: oops, a bad word, sorry :(

I thought that was from the movie "Highlander".... never new it was from Led Zeppelin ;)

The Highlander song was done by the group "Queen"........Good try, though!

:D

I wasn't referring to the song by Queen (great album btw) but to a quote from the movie by the Kurgan: " I Have something to say....... It's better to burn out then to fade away..... I thought they made it up for the movie... but i guess they stole it ;)

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Somebody voted country :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I like Metal (in flames / Killswitch) and Political Punk (Rise Against, Pennywise).. and classical because it's relaxing but i don't know who composes it i just listen to w/e

I'm not a big rap fan, but Ozomatli & Wycliffe Jean are geniuses. I like a little bit of pretty much anything. My favorites, though, are jam band psychedelic folk rock, like Phish, Grateful Dead, Phil & Friends, and String Cheese Incident.

I've got a moderate collection of classical music, including almost all of Wagerns operas (my faves), all Beethoven's symphonies, most performed on original instruments.

I've got some of the weirdest electronic music. I also like spoken word poetry. Nuyoricans. Taco Shop Poets. Take my mind right out of traffic.

Greenday, The Clash, The Ramones, Me First & the Gimme Gimmes top my "punk" list of faves.

I like a lot of world music, too. Peter Gabriel has done some fantastic crossover work (I love the 10+ minute version of "In Your Eyes"), Mickey Hart's Drumming on the Edge of Magic. Deep Forest. I have a lot of African drumming, Balian Ketchuk and Gamalan, Zap Mamma, Miriam Mikeba, and many more that escape me now, as well as listening in to some local world music shows.

Let's not forget Bob Marley, mann ...

I've got some real dark, grungy industrial electronica, but prefer to focus on the trancy stuff.

And plenty of Beatles, Stones, Who, Bob Seger, Kansas, Styx, Boston, Deep Purple, Jefferson Airplane, CS&N(&Y), Moody Blues, Pink Floyd, Rush, Velvet Underground, Lou Reed, Billy Bragg ...

Plus a bunch of stuff that defies categorization. Five years ago I ripped about half my CD collection to MP3 CDs. I filled 30 of them. My job had me travelling more then, so it was my version of file sharing. Anywhere I went, I handed my index binder + my CD holder to folks and let them copy whatever they wanted. I figured the RIAA couldn't do a thing about that!!!

Next time I end up working on a contract that's out of town, I'll probably be taking DVDs full of Trek episodes to do the same thing!