Are you an alien?

BorisP

I got a question for you. If I set up a fancy webpage, sign it PHD, MA BorisP, and I claim pigs can fly, will you believe it? I said it and I am PHD. I have a fancy web page. Why don't you believe me like this guy who says that skull is from some mother making her babies skull deformed. Doesn't just saying that sound crazy?

What are you talking about, everybody knows pigs CAN fly!! I read it in the newspaper.

Which one? I saw something similar in the National Inquirer but I dont know if I can trust them.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh* The smoothness of the transition is easily explained.

No binding lasts forever. When you put on a new one, maybe after a few days to a week, it'll be in a slightly different position. Eventually, this will result in a smooth change in shape (but you may notice that not ALL of them have the smoothness of that particular skull...) Over the years, bones can be coaxed into radically different shapes... this is merely a variant on those people with the golden hoops around their necks, and Chinese footbinding... except with a skull. Throw in a low-calcium diet, and bones will be more prone to distortion.

Also, when compared with the structure of a normal human skull with the same sort of facial bones, the face is normal sized, while the back part is longer and thinner... but not larger in total volume.

That explanation isn't a stretch... not as much as immediately assuming they're aliens. Besides, I've heard about those headbinders before.

I wonder if such distortions of the skull lead to healh problems or brain damage?

Edit: Haven't seen that 'boy tut' picture before..

Edit 2: I won't even get into all the diseases that result in deformed skulls... -_-'

"A loving mother took her baby and squished it''s head totally out of shape so that it grew an extra foot on the back". Doesn't that sound stupid?

People do stupid and crazy things to fit into their society's norms. If such stretching made you look 'beautiful' in a particular society, of COURSE mothers would bind their young children to look 'beautiful'. That's just social morality. Every society has examples of this sort of stupidity... even our own.

"A loving mother took her baby and squished it''s head totally out of shape so that it grew an extra foot on the back". Doesn't that sound stupid?

People do stupid and crazy things to fit into their society's norms. If such stretching made you look 'beautiful' in a particular society, of COURSE mothers would bind their young children to look 'beautiful'. That's just social morality. Every society has examples of this sort of stupidity... even our own.

Really? Hadn't noticed that before :D

Thanks for clarifying!

However I still think a lot of scientific issues are interesting and they trule tickle my mind, not to the length of strecthing it out of course, but still.

So that means it's not an alien, another mysterie solved by us smart scifi-ers. :p

And btw, i'm an alien.....

See how easy it is to fool people. Make a fancy looking web page with an explanation and people say, "Ya, that's it".

Those guys make up explanations just like I "make up" explanations. They try to arrive at what they think is the answer based on what they know. That does not mean they are correct.

Paracas and Nazca Cultures of Peru

The Nazca people left behind one of the most astonishing legacies of the old cultures of Peru - the Nazca Lines. An elevated plateau called the Nazca Pampa is covered by these mysterious markings. From the air we can wonder at a multitude of long straight lines, geometric shapes and outlines of animals and birds that have been marked into the dry, stony ground.

The Nazca Lines are in the same region as the elongated skull.

Coincidence?

I will refrain from commenting on the trepanation of the Paracus skulls.

Circumcision and clitorectomies come to mind as illustrations of some of the stupid and crazy things parents will do to children they love.

The problem with BorisP's theory of evolving skull shapes appears to be timeline. The Paracas skulls are dated to just over 2,000 years old. King Tut was another thousand or so years older. We find the skull shapes remarkable. Why? Because these shapes are not normally found in modern humans - nor in burial sites going back over 10,000 years.

It becomes very difficult to postulate evolution - especially since the greater distortion comes later than the minor distortion - and is from a very different location on the globe.

So we need an explanation for anomalous skull shaping. The head-binding explanation doesn't sound too far fetched - especially in a culture that knew how to drill through the skull using stone instruments and a fermented cocoa leave anesthetic.

Circumcision and clitorectomies come to mind as illustrations of some of the stupid and crazy things parents will do to children they love.

I dont consider my parents doing anything stupid when they circumcized me. I may have not known the benefits of it when I was a child but I certainly felt proud of it when our pathology professor in medical school said that people who are circumcized have little to none incidence of penile cancer.

Sometimes people may label somethings stupid becuase of their ignorance of the issues involved or wisedom of a certain act in a society. And I can certainly see how this ignorance can lead people to say stupid things.

You can imagine how a certain race may come to the United State and watch every teenager or young adult having all their wisedom teeth being removed in a violent, bloody and painful way. That may seem stupid to them but its certainly not a stupid thing.

Might i add, that i've seen that skull binding culture on discovery, and if it's on discovery it is true.... ;)

So yes it's not an alien.... if i would grind off pieces of my teeth to let them look like vampire teeth would that make me an vampire.... Maybe they saw a lot of aliens, and wanted to reproduce their enormous weirdly shaped heads, that i don't know but it is an human......

and might i add borisp, the ancient egyptians lived about 2000-5000 years ago... we don't evolve in 5000 year.. in matter of fact we haven't evolved much in the last 100000 years... So your evolving in a few 100 years story is not plausible. So mister tut had an wierd shaped head even i've got an weird shaped head it's called mutations not evolution. So that means the shape of that head could be the result of an mutations but not of an evolution. But that i don't know.

Might i add, that i've seen that skull binding culture on discovery, and if it's on discovery it is true.... ;)

So yes it's not an alien.... if i would grind off pieces of my teeth to let them look like vampire teeth would that make me an vampire.... Maybe they saw a lot of aliens, and wanted to reproduce their enormous weirdly shaped heads, that i don't know but it is an human......

and might i add borisp, the ancient egyptians lived about 2000-5000 years ago... we don't evolve in 5000 year.. in matter of fact we haven't evolved much in the last 100000 years... So your evolving in a few 100 years story is not plausible. So mister tut had an wierd shaped head even i've got an weird shaped head it's called mutations not evolution. So that means the shape of that head could be the result of an mutations but not of an evolution. But that i don't know.

enviornmental adaptation is probably more of a factor than genetic mutation.

You guys probably already know this but it was news to me when I first did OB/GYN that the babies skull is not hard bone and the different plates of skull are not completely fused.. This is one thing that allows babies with larger heads to be born vaginaly becuase the shape of the head can easily be distorted a little bit. And even after birth if a baby sleeps on one side of the head all the time, that side of the head will come out flat.

I can certianly believe that the skull can be made to look that way with a head band or some sorta human intervention.

The photoshop theory is also plausible ;)

gotta love discovery.

saw a docco on different offshoots of human species that have existed. There were some that were over 7 feet tall. and some that were only 3 feet tall! among others they came about as an environmental response to the conditions they were in. When the conditions changed the offshoots that werent suited died off.

:cyclops:

I dont consider my parents doing anything stupid when they circumcized me. I may have not known the benefits of it when I was a child but I certainly felt proud of it when our pathology professor in medical school said that people who are circumcized have little to none incidence of penile cancer.

Sure they were. They believed "experts" and had you mutilated on their advice.

Circumcision is a (Moderator Notice: content deleted for racial intolerance) plot to deprive you of something you need to understand your body and how to evolve into a superior being. The plot works to. You are proud that you have a mutilated sexual organ. You have no clue of what has been taken from you.

The problem with BorisP's theory of evolving skull shapes appears to be timeline. The Paracas skulls are dated to just over 2,000 years old. King Tut was another thousand or so years older. We find the skull shapes remarkable. Why? Because these shapes are not normally found in modern humans - nor in burial sites going back over 10,000 years.

So we need an explanation for anomalous skull shaping. The head-binding explanation doesn't sound too far fetched - especially in a culture that knew how to drill through the skull using stone instruments and a fermented cocoa leave anesthetic.

See. This is what happens when you believe those "experts" instead of trusting your own two eyes and thinking for yourself. I commented on how experts got some other guy to be proud of his penis mutilation. You can convince people of anything if you are a liar and have no morals.

That head binding stuff is what the "experts" say and then you guys base everything else off of that. Oh the "experts" say Paracas skulls 2000 years old. "Experts" said there were WMD in Iraq too. We all saw what a mistake that turned out to be. Those people taking Vioxx accepted the "experts" word and now they got increased risk of heart attack.

I could rant on. ;) I really dislike that the world is as it is instead of rational like Star Trek or the Culture. I feel cheated. I want to talk everyone into living in a nice place like that but I usuallly end up ranting. ;)

Let's cut to the chase. Our resident "Expert" elderbear says

Because these shapes are not normally found in modern humans - nor in burial sites going back over 10,000 years.

You are making these statements off of the top of your head. You are unobservant to the world and your mind is closed because you know everything and if you don't some expert in a book does. There is no need for you to observe and think on your own anymore.

You know what happens when you do that? Obnoxious people like me show up and give you a "kick" right where you are complacent.

Here is a picture of a Chinese Guy. The Chinese Guy is about 60 or 70 years old. This picture is from a movie released this year.

OldChineseAlien.jpg

I superimposed the Paracas skull over the Chinese guy skull so you can see the resemblance.

As you can clearly see, his head goes up and back just like Boy Tut's does. Not so much of course but then we are thinking he is a modern person compared to Tut, so the point on the back of his head is slowly disappearing as a result of evolution.

If the "expert" elderbear can be so wrong in his absolutely confident statement that

Because these shapes are not normally found in modern humans - nor in burial sites going back over 10,000 years.

What does that tell you about his credibility? Or any other "experts" credibility? I ask you to believe me but in every message I say "look for yourself, think for yourself", then I show you proof. All these other guys say "beleive me because I am the man, I am the authority, I am older, I am bigger".

Don't take it personal elderbear. I had to pick someone out of the crowd of doubters and you are, well, the authority figure here. You make the best example of how handing over your thoughts and decisions to an "expert" can give false answers to very important questions. If I did not have that Chinese Guy picture, everyone here would believe you were right and I am some kook. Now it looks like there is something to what I say and you speak off the top of your head with no proof.

Oh Ya. I almost forgot. I claim that guys head looks the way it does because of the chinese knowledge of evolution and kung fu. His practice of kung fu and other disciplines has made his head like that. That is why I go on about evolving into a higher human being all the time. It is not some pie in the sky idea. Does your head look like the Chinese Guy's? If it doesn't, would kung fu make it look like that?

If you really are a sci fi nut, that question should be making you jump around with anticipation and expectation. What if I was an alien and doing kung fu or yoga or something made me more alien like? What if I get some special alien powers from doing kung fu or yoga? Those are not nutty questions to ask yourself. Every human culture has legends about mental powers and people with abnormal physical power.

It really doesn't matter if I am right about aliens or not. Your own eyes tell you SOMETHING is going on there. Old skull with big bump, Tut skull with smaller bump, Modern Chinese guy with even smaller bump. If it is not alien, it IS something that I have never heard anyone else in the entire world talk about.

Except me.

... given that circumcision is known to remove anywhere from half to most of the touch receptors in that area, I may have to side with BorisP insofar as that you had something taken away from you...

As for the rest of what he's going on about?... *shrug* ... to each his own, and I guess that stuff makes him happy ^^

Edit: Still... if you put them to scale, that bound skull would still be longer and narrower than that of that horizontally compressed picture you've placed behind the skull... Not only do you not have any scale, but you're posting pictures that don't even have an accurate aspect ratio.

Sure they were. They believed "experts" and had you mutilated on their advice.

Circumcision is an Isreali plot to deprive you of something you need to understand your body and how to evolve into a superior being. The plot works to. You are proud that you have a mutilated sexual organ. You have no clue of what has been taken from you.

Israeli plot? that almost made me laugh. You can sure come up with some outrageous ideas!

As far as your idea of not listening to experts. That is just as outrageous. I guess the 'experts' have been teaching us the wrong things using evidence based medicine. I will make sure to mention your name next time when we have medical discussions.

Is it the Somalians that cut the labia and clitoris off the women or is it some other culture?

And for the love of my non-exiting god: why?

*guy* - Aaahhh.....was it good for you too, honey?

*girl* - No...

*guy* - great!

WTF!?

... given that circumcision is known to remove anywhere from half to most of the touch receptors in that area' date=' I may have to side with BorisP insofar as that you had something taken away from you...[/quote']

half to most of the touch receptors? I dont think that is the case. Certainly not what I have learned in medical school. Maybe some cultures do that.

Anyway I wont be dragged into any discussion about this. There are passionate people discussing this issue in other places.

I am not that passionate about it.

I just mentioned one medical fact about it and pointed out to elderbear that it is not the best thing to jump to such a conclusion as to label people stupid. On the other hand, I dont expect the same level of understanding from Boris.

This happens so much I am forgetting to remind people. There are no coincidences. Yesterday I told ya that you can't trust experts, think for yourself. Maybe I am a big mouth or a jerk people might say.

So today Karma hands me a cut and dried, undeniable example of "experts" being responsible for people's deaths. I work for destiny and karma. They help me out all the time.

The article below is about doctors prescribing MORE drugs that give people heart attack. Now it is not just Vioxx, it is a bunch of other pain relievers. If they have no qualms about lies or mistakes ending in peoples death, why would they think twice about telling lies or making mistakes about head binding making a human skull grow 2 feet out the back?

That is the stupidest thing evar! Binding your head makes it grow 2 feet in the back. NO. WAY.

-----

Experts are people who take money to say what the government or a corporation wants them to say.

When regular people finally test what the experts are saying, just like WMD, you find out they been lying all the time. And they knew they were lying all the time.

"Painkillers, including ibuprofen, can significantly increase the risk of having a heart attack, researchers say today."

They been selling Ibuprofen for 15 or 20 years. It is available over the counter.

"The worst risks were with diclofenac, a prescription painkiller, which increased the risk by 55 per cent.

The increased risk of a heart attack for those taking rofecoxib was 32 per cent. For ibuprofen it was 24 per cent and for celecoxib 21 per cent."

There is a news link but it is one of those forum stretching 10 inch ones. I am certain you can find the article by searching Ibuprofen and heart attack.