Are you an alien?

BorisP

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Careful... if the Greys are starving children from Nigeria, what about their parents... O.o

Are they starving people in Nigeria, too? They speak English there. In Niger they speak French. Nigeria used to be a paradise where the only excuse for starvation was the inability to wander through the bush and harvest the naturally abundant food. Or to be living on the Niger River delta when the Ibo nation was fighting for independence as Biafra (too many people without enough land to feed them). Niger is in the Sahel and suffers the encroachment of the Sahara - they've had some devastating droughts and lots of children die needlessly.

I say needlessly because the rest of the world could easily afford to help them become self-sustaining. But, it's more spectacular to build a high-tech military than to rebuild a system that lets children starve.

How is it wise or useful or just that by accident of birth, my kids have never been hungry longer than it took them to open the fridge and make a PB&J sandwich - or dial for pizza? What makes that starving child any less worthy of the abundance that we take for granted than we are?

I don't know where this reply is going ... it's been a long and backbreaking day (no it hasn't, actually - I once dug ditches - that was backbreaking labor - now I'm just overfed and over-sedentary)

Am I an alien? You bet I am. So is anybody else who has the privilege to post here or to read posts. Our life styles are utterly alien to most people on the planet. Instead of comparing features in pictures, somebody show me how to save the life of ONE starving child tomorrow! I'm not asking for a lot - just one child.

If all this sci-fi discussion, all these marvelous episodes we get to download, all the wonderful collective and creative wisdom we have here on this one board - if all this cannot save the life of one child - what's the point?

:( :( :(

I've got this seriously neurotic dog with a lot of attachment issues. He needs attention. I need sleep. If you've read this far, you probably need a dose of sci-fi to cope! ;)

Ahhh... thanks for noting that, elderbear ^^ *corrects name*

Oh, yeah... Between the insane amounts of military spending in the US and the aid money 'acquired' by the corrupt African governments... no wonder there's rampant starvation. There's no need for ANY of it...

C4 "I don't come here to fight"

BorisP.......hahahahahahahaha........you've done it again. You are most certainly a hoot!

c4 :D

And again, as is plain for everyone to see, C4 has gone to a thread I posted in and immediately posted a followup ridiculing post.

Elderbear. Is there a forum rule about stalking people and making insulting post after every single post the person authors? Can't anyone see this woman is not mentally stable? That she has issues and she has fixated those issues onto me?

And this woman is singlehandedly turning these forums into a mob that is going to lynch me from the nearest tree?

It is called hysteria. In the old days they would slap the woman in the face to bring her back to rationality. Someone needs to "slap C4 in the face". Some kind of warning. Some kind of talking to. Something to bring her back to adult reality.

Careful... if the Greys are starving children from Nigeria, what about their parents... O.o

If all this sci-fi discussion, all these marvelous episodes we get to download, all the wonderful collective and creative wisdom we have here on this one board - if all this cannot save the life of one child - what's the point?

;)

Oh

My

God.

It is hopeless.

Elderbear. You have settled into the opinion that there is no point in discussing what I bring up, haven't you? No comment on the skulls or the point of the thread. A conversation about starving kids.

I expect the peanut gallery to do what they do. They are like the loud kids at the movie. What can you do.

But when you, the thoughtful adult in charge, completely ignores the sci fi subject at hand.........

You'all may not have to go to the trouble of banning me. I go to forums and try to raise people up. When it becomes apparent they don't want it, or are incapable, I leave.

When you were in school, did you try teaching calculus to the football guys? There is no point. They don't call those guys boneheads for no reason.

Dang elderbear. I think you broke my heart. I only needed one person with smarts. I would endure the dog pack's barking if I thought it would help just one person be raised up to human status.

I got one more thing to say about this. I will put it in later after I pull my heart back up from off the floor.

Guest c4evap
C4 "I don't come here to fight"

BorisP.......hahahahahahahaha........you've done it again. You are most certainly a hoot!

c4 :D

And again, as is plain for everyone to see, C4 has gone to a thread I posted in and immediately posted a followup ridiculing post.

I thought your post was amusing.

Elderbear. Is there a forum rule about stalking people and making insulting post after every single post the person authors? Can't anyone see this woman is not mentally stable? That she has issues and she has fixated those issues onto me?

Hahahahahahahaha...stalking.....fixation. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

And this woman is singlehandedly turning these forums into a mob that is going to lynch me from the nearest tree?

Well, you got the "woman" part right anyway.

It is called hysteria. In the old days they would slap the woman in the face to bring her back to rationality. Someone needs to "slap C4 in the face". Some kind of warning. Some kind of talking to. Something to bring her back to adult reality.

Who's espousing violence now? Should I contact the police or some internet authority (as you threatened in another thread)? Naw. I'm sure you wouldn't actually slap me in my face. I'm sure you're just using the phrase figuratively.

c4 B)

Elderbear. Is there some way that I can put the stalker and harrasser C4 on ignore?

(Please note that I did not ask you to ban C4. I am taking it upon myself to remove myself from her conversation. I have publicly asked her multiple times to please stop harrassing me and causing trouble in my threads. She does not respond. )

You are an adult. You say you have psychological training.

This woman is going to every thread I post in and posting trash. She has nothing to say but hate and ridicule. She is nonsensical and irrational. She is a rabble rouser.

Isn't that the clinical definition of a stalker?

Why is C4 allowed to stalk me? Why?

Are you hoping to read a news story that BorisP has been found with a knife in his back and C4 is under arrest for murder?

Guest c4evap
Are you hoping to read a news story that BorisP has been found with a knife in his back and C4 is under arrest for murder?

Oh Mister Magoo...you've done it again. You are a hoot! :p

c4 B) (Yo! President of da C4 ganger club.)

Elderbear. You have settled into the opinion that there is no point in discussing what I bring up, haven't you?

Not only him, but it looks to me like most here feel that way now as well.

You'all may not have to go to the trouble of banning me. I go to forums and try to raise people up. When it becomes apparent they don't want it, or are incapable, I leave.

Don't let the door slam you too hard in the ass on the way out.

Sorry, BorisP, I don't know of any way to "twit list" another user. So, when it comes to C4's comments, you're going to have to do what anybody else has to do when they don't like what another person posts. My suggestion is that you ignore it.

Gazing at my crystal ball, I can see (a bit hazy, but I think I know what I see) a season of intense, zero-tolerance moderation coming on. So C4 & General Lee, you both may wish to reconsider the way you're responding to BorisP.

And BorisP, ridiculous as it may seem to you, I've seen people sent to a year of anger management class as part of a plea bargain where they avoided felony assault (and "Making a Terrorist Threat") charges for statements similar to yours about "slapping" somebody. Please don't make any similar statements here again.

Also, BorisP, while I read just about everything you post, I have found it rather unsatisfying to argue with you. We don't have enough common ground to establish a useful dialogue - especially when we both disagree on what constitutes rational discourse.

But my question stands unanswered - can ANYBODY show me how to save the life of one single child today? If not, then why are we playing these silly games?

Guest c4evap
Sorry' date=' BorisP, I don't know of any way to "twit list" another user. So, when it comes to C4's comments, you're going to have to do what anybody else has to do when they don't like what another person posts. My suggestion is that you ignore it.[/quote']

Please don't "twit" me Elderbear! I was "twited" once in grade school and walked funny for a week!!!

Gazing at my crystal ball' date=' I can see (a bit hazy, but I think I know what I see) a season of intense, zero-tolerance moderation coming on. So C4 & General Lee, you both may wish to reconsider the way you're responding to BorisP.[/quote']

Ah...that's c4 (with a lower-case c). I take great offense at people who screw up my name Elderbeer (heehee).

And BorisP' date=' ridiculous as it may seem to you, I've seen people sent to a year of anger management class as part of a plea bargain where they avoided felony assault (and "Making a Terrorist Threat") charges for statements similar to yours about "slapping" somebody. Please don't make any similar statements here again.[/quote']

***c4 sends bodyguard home***

Also' date=' BorisP, while I read just about everything you post, I have found it rather unsatisfying to argue with you. We don't have enough common ground to establish a useful dialogue - especially when we both disagree on what constitutes rational discourse.[/quote']

I really like the way you phrased that Elderbear.

But my question stands unanswered - can ANYBODY show me how to save the life of one single child today? If not' date=' then why are we playing these silly games?[/quote']

As GorunNova said...adopt a child. There are many children world wide (and right here in the states) in need of loving, caring parents. Additionally, there's more than enough money in the world to feed the starving children. Unfortunately America (and others) send all manner of relief to foreign nations only to have it end up in corrupt politico's pockets or sold on the black market. Find the right charity and donate...I do. Volunteer your time at youth facilities. Get behind and support laws to protect children. We can make a difference!

c4 B)

Sorry, BorisP, I don't know of any way to "twit list" another user. So, when it comes to C4's comments, you're going to have to do what anybody else has to do when they don't like what another person posts. My suggestion is that you ignore it.

Gazing at my crystal ball, I can see (a bit hazy, but I think I know what I see) a season of intense, zero-tolerance moderation coming on. So C4 & General Lee, you both may wish to reconsider the way you're responding to BorisP.

And BorisP, ridiculous as it may seem to you, I've seen people sent to a year of anger management class as part of a plea bargain where they avoided felony assault (and "Making a Terrorist Threat") charges for statements similar to yours about "slapping" somebody. Please don't make any similar statements here again.

Also, BorisP, while I read just about everything you post, I have found it rather unsatisfying to argue with you. We don't have enough common ground to establish a useful dialogue - especially when we both disagree on what constitutes rational discourse.

?

Let's see.

You can put me on moderation for factual discussion.

You cannot moderate or control C4.

Why not just admit to everyone there are double standards? Why do you keep lying? The clique of barking dogs is on one side while I am on the other. The barking dog pack makes more noise than I do so I lose.

You are a hypocrite. You tell me you are sorry what you say to me, then you make nasty comments about me. You have made at least 4 nasty comments to me and apologized 4 different times.

You act just like a psychologist. You are mean and angry and shitty just like everyone else. Then you say "oh I am so sorry, I really didn't mean it". When you apologize to me, I can see your head hanging down. And then I wait for your hand to come up and hit me again.

and elderbear. For an intelligent man with a geology degree and trained to be a psycho, you have no grasp of the english language. Or didn't they teach you what quotes around a remark mean?

Hiya guys? Looks like the crying children got their way. Elderbear has me on moderation.

Cue children jumping up and down in victory dance.

I will no longer be trying to enlighten you. I gave it my best. There is no one with the slightest bit of brains that expressed themselves loud enough for me to hear them over the din.

I apologize to any person who has been reading this and would like to learn more. I simply cannot invest the time to make posts that can be deleted or derided by a pack of screaming children.

I would like to be with you in the future. At some point in time you will be trying to talk to people. A group of malcontents will do to you what you did to me. Only then will you understand how I feel.

Of course, knowing this crowd, maybe I am optimistic to believe that anyone has the ability to create something and go tell people about it.

I hope you all enjoy C4 now that you have reinforced that if she screams enough, she gets what she wants. I know I have read all of C4 many post that were meant to introduce new ideas and stimulate intellectual discussion.

You guys are fools. Really. Not to be mean. That is an accurate description of you. How long do you think it will take C4 to get mad and send you a violent threat? Or to start up a campaign about you? You encouraged her to believe she can do it and succeed. It is only a matter of time before she wants to taste that power again.

Guest c4evap

I hope you all enjoy C4 now that you have reinforced that if she screams enough' date=' she gets what she wants. I know I have read all of C4 many post that were meant to introduce new ideas and stimulate intellectual discussion.[/quote']

You guys are fools. Really. Not to be mean. That is an accurate description of you. How long do you think it will take C4 to get mad and send you a violent threat? Or to start up a campaign about you? You encouraged her to believe she can do it and succeed. It is only a matter of time before she wants to taste that power again.

Please use a lower-case "c" in my name..as in "c4".

Thank you.

c4 B)

You can put me on moderation for factual discussion.

Too bad he's not... I believe the last time I saw you moderated, it was due to off-topic posting.

Sure, she can and has been moderated. Of course, I'm assuming you're talking about c4, given I know no C4 here. Very dangerous to talk to high explosives like C4 or nitroglycerine, you know. They can be very... unstable. ^^

Sorry... lame sense of humour. ^^'

Why not just admit to everyone there are double standards? Why do you keep lying? The clique of barking dogs is on one side while I am on the other. The barking dog pack makes more noise than I do so I lose.

This barking dog demands people support their arguments with something other than wild conjecture... and I'll bark at anyone who doesn't. Single standard... but I have to admit you've given me more to bark at than most.

You act just like a psychologist. You are mean and angry and ####ty just like everyone else. Then you say "oh I am so sorry, I really didn't mean it". When you apologize to me, I can see your head hanging down. And then I wait for your hand to come up and hit me again.

Bad experience with psychologists, I take it? How many have you seen? ^^'... you don't have to answer that. The question was uncalled for... but you reveal much with your words. Much care with speech do you need, yes.

As I've said before, if everyone seems "mean, angry and ####ty (sic)", the problem may not lie in 'everyone'...

Have you ever considered doing a 'Descartes'? Sitting down, taking a deep breath, doubt everything up to and including your own existance, and then try to deduce the nature of the universe from there? It's an interesting exercise... and it's amazing how strange some seemingly certain ideas appear when you do that.

Guest c4evap

Sure, she can and has been moderated. Of course, I'm assuming you're talking about c4, given I know no C4 here. Very dangerous to talk to high explosives like C4 or nitroglycerine, you know. They can be very... unstable. ^^

I have been. It's true. Moderated I mean. I have no problemo with that. I just wish the moderator had bought me dinner and a movie first. ***heavy sigh***

HA! I rememberd the topic without necessitating the use of the edit button. Boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

NO! I am not an alien! But...I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night...

c4 ;)

I have been. It's true. Moderated I mean. I have no problemo with that. I just wish the moderator had bought me dinner and a movie first. ***heavy sigh***

Any time you're in my neck of the woods - I'll take you to dinner and a movie ... so sorry it can't be first ... but perhaps it will shove the memories of moderation out of mind?