[Poll] The best Star trek series

weareborg

Enterprise for me' date=' I just like the whole in the beginning Idea, before the Federation, before all the Killer tech, it's just great stuff, Last episode sucked though, was like watching TNG instead of Enterprise, could have at least ended it differently..........[/quote']

I agree, the last episode seemed like they rushed to come up with a story. On another thread someone suggested the 2 episodes before it should have been the ending. An interesting suggestion.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DS9 - TNG - TOS - Voyager

DS9 rules! great characters, great story, good continuity. none of this idealistic rubbish, just a bunch of people showin you how to do a tough job without havin to be the cream of the crop.

I have to say the orginal series. All the good story is there IMO. Question: why does the Enterprise bridge have more blinking lights than the TOS version of the Enterprise?

In TOS they were also using notepads with pens. There was that one girl that would regular come to Kirk to sign off on orders or whatever that was.

I am not sure if they used a notepad in enterprise but that was the 1960s and we are in 2005 :)

Well, according to the stats, the true likings of the StarTrek fan community are finally coming out. And it took only about 30 votes before the actual graph began showing, pretty fast if you ask me. FYI: according to all previous polls, the results should be: TNG>DS9>VOY

I cant asnswer this question easily. Was never impressed with

TNG, DS9 was good maybee 20% of the time. Voyager even less. Enterprise had potential and did a fair job filling in history before TOS. Its hard to rate TOS along with the rest because its a product from another era. I am however very impressed with New Voyages. Hope to see many more from that team. Guess every series has its pros and cons and I am not easily pleased.

I cant asnswer this question easily. Was never impressed with

TNG, DS9 was good maybee 20% of the time. Voyager even less. Enterprise had potential and did a fair job filling in history before TOS. Its hard to rate TOS along with the rest because its a product from another era. I am however very impressed with New Voyages. Hope to see many more from that team. Guess every series has its pros and cons and I am not easily pleased.

I think if you rate the shows for what they accomplished for their Era, TOS and TNG had to be the ones.. probably more TOS.

I mean think about it. It is the 1960s and anyone barely knows anything about a computer.... let alone computers talking, running a ship.. Triquarters scanning.. Beaming.. Shields, laser weapons, warp drives.. It was a true innovation many of the things that are comming true now.

TNG followed in a similar way but not as much stuff. The rest of the shows just brought more stories and little new things. Maybe new species..

DS9 - TNG - TOS - Voyager

DS9 rules! great characters, great story, good continuity. none of this idealistic rubbish, just a bunch of people showin you how to do a tough job without havin to be the cream of the crop.

A good example of less of the idealistic rush is found in episode called IN THE PALE MOONLIGHT, really loved that episode

I'm partial to TOS. This is the series that laid the foundation, but I do enjoy each of the spin-offs.

So many of the concepts of Trek lore, even stuff that was "borrored" by other science fiction, was rooted in TOS. TOS was the first American weekly non anthology sci-fi series on television. Let's not forget the inovation of taking an adult appoach to sci-fi, as TOS predated Kubrick's "2001" and "Doctor Who" was aimed at children for much of it's run.

For the uninitated, all of Trek (or Doctor Who, Blake's 7, Babylon 5, as well) should be essential viewing. But, since it seems like there are a number of younger types on this forum without a TOS background, please consider the following:

1) TOS laid the template for mature science fiction. Even though it may, at times, seem superficially corny, the structure laid out in TOS is the same used in B5 and other contenders to the throne.

2) Many who haven't watched TOS seem to assume that it's about nothing but Kirk blasting aliens without descretion. That it's about Kirk imposing his will on others who have a different viewpoint. If you watch the episodes you will know this is not true.

3) How about the historic value of TOS? My favorite Trek episode, the one that turned me on to sci-fi, "Balance Of Terror", is the first to feature the Romulans and the concept of a cloacking device. Add to that, the first real setup of a Star Trek type of battle system that we take for granted, more of a submarine type battle as opposed to the usual ship-to-ship (one-on-one, individual) battle seen in most science fiction. Or "Mirror, Mirror" where we first see the alternate universe seen in the best episodes of DS9 and Enterprise.

Blah...Blah...Blah...I'm rambling aren't I? Anyway, mark me down for TOS.

Here's my order:

1) TOS - It all starts here

2) DS9 - Finally, what starts in one episode has an effect on the next episode

3) TNG - Excellent cast, solid transition for Trek into the modern age

4) VOYAGER - A bit derivative for my taste. Janeway is a bit too perfect for my taste. Basically a rehash of the TNG formula.

5) ENTERPRISE - The least interesting cast of the franchise. I like the concept of prequel, but the execution doesn't add anything to the Star Trek cannon. Ho-hum, nothing special. FINALLY showed some promise just as it was cancelled. Damn!

I cant asnswer this question easily. Was never impressed with TNG' date=' DS9 was good maybee 20% of the time. Voyager even less. Enterprise had potential and did a fair job filling in history before TOS. Its hard to rate TOS along with the rest because its a product from another era. I am however very impressed with New Voyages. Hope to see many more from that team. Guess every series has its pros and cons and I am not easily pleased. [/quote']

So I guess you're not a trekkie then?? :rolleyes:

Hmm, This is a hard one... I watched all DS9 episodes in a row in like 3 weeks, and that pretty much adds to the experience :p. I did the same for TNG, but not for Voyager. So I'll have to watch all of Voyager first before I make a decision. But atm it's this: DS9 > TNG > Voy > ENT. I never watched TOS, I hate old scifi, I'm a real sucker for good special effects :p

I do think that TNG was good, but for me, there wasn't enough action. In Voyager and DS9, they are very action packed, with battles going on all the time, weather it be between ships, the crew, or a struggle for command (Kiska/Sisko in DS9 season1, and Janeway/Chakotay in Voyager season 1).

I loved ST:TNG. I fell in love with the acting and writing, especially in the days of Gene Rodenberry. Spiner, Franks, Stewart, Dorn carried scene after scene, not to mention the results when DeLance showed up. DSN holds second. In its case the supporting characters were excellent (Martog, Garak and Bashir, Weyoun, Dukat and Damar remain strong over time).

All of Star Trek was great. I can remember Way back when TOS was the best. I was there! When each Series aired I enjoyed them because they each had there own personality. Spock was my hero, Picard (got to love that bald head) his righteous speeches, Kira's fiery spirit, and as my sister would say "sigh" "Seven of Nine" “yummyâ€ÂÂ, I personally liked Lt. Reed over Trip. He was mysterious. And now I await…..

I cant asnswer this question easily. Was never impressed with TNG' date=' DS9 was good maybee 20% of the time. Voyager even less. Enterprise had potential and did a fair job filling in history before TOS. Its hard to rate TOS along with the rest because its a product from another era. I am however very impressed with New Voyages. Hope to see many more from that team. Guess every series has its pros and cons and I am not easily pleased. [/quote']

So I guess you're not a trekkie then?? :rolleyes:

Far from it, I just have been dissapointed with the majority of the episodes. I have found that reading trek has done it for me far more than watching it. Some of the best stuff is buy the fans.

It's Enterprise for me. I didn't really like the first series and didn't watch the second, but the third series really gave it a good rythme and I became a fan. It's so lame that they cancelled it. Shame. But at least there'll be an all new Star Trek with a brand new crew in 2-3 years time B)