Do you Smoke?

Detor

I dont smoke cigarettes at all, the smell makes me sick. and I hate the odour on people who have just smoked, ewwwww. Another pet peeve is people throwing cigarette butts on the ground! they make up 50% of the worlds litter with several trillion being improperly discarded yearly and the filters are NOT biodegradable. If you litter infront of me expect to get an earfull!

I do smoke something else on my holidays though ;)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest c4evap

Ismoke - but never in the forum...there are some volatile threads and I wouldn't want to start a fire... :p

c4 B)

I couldn't even if I wanted to (which I don't).

I'm fairly chemically sensitive and there are so many places I can't go because of all the second hand smoke (I guessed fairly early in life that being a fireman was off my list).

I only have to walk near a smoker to tell that they do, I guess they just can't tell how much the odour lingers or that some peeps just have to walk on the other side of the street to avoid their pollution.

At least there was one good point out of my problem, I have to keep very fit to reduce my sensitivity so my running has improved no end.

JAB

Bleah... I know exactly what you mean. I have the same problem with cigarette smoke. Even being near someone who smokes makes my throat close up, just from the residual smell -_-'... same with some chemicals, most perfumes, and paint.

I smoke salmon. I started very young ( 8 ) now I'm 48. If it each smoke takes 1 year off my life. I've been dead for a few years now.

Actually it is estimated that each smoke takes 2 and half days out of your life. 20 cigars in a pack, that is hmmmm ( my math is not so good) 50 days you lost smoking a packet. 7-10 packets makes a year lost. These numbers really don't matter to me infact i have patient with Berger's disease. It's a disease caused mostly by smoking. And your limbs get amputated because the arteries to the extremities get inflamated and the blood circulation slows and than it stops causing major problems if you don't stop smoking. However if the patient stops smoking the disease is cured and you don't have any more problems except the parts of your body you just lost. Do you know what these patients do? They never stop smoking! And they die within a year or so.

I' m so happy that most of the peple here are non-smokers.

And to those who really want to stop: Get profesional help.There are drugs like Zyban that will help you quit smoking but it will only help you quit if you really want to quit.

Smoking is just plain illogical. Even the smokers know its bad. There's been enough exposure to the health risks of smoking. They just plain don't care I suppose. You'd never find Vulcans smoking.

Instead of smoking, why not pick up a different habit, like vacuuming or sweeping or folding clothes? :)

=Han=

Smoking is just plain illogical. Even the smokers know its bad. There's been enough exposure to the health risks of smoking. They just plain don't care I suppose. You'd never find Vulcans smoking.

Instead of smoking, why not pick up a different habit, like vacuuming or sweeping or folding clothes? :)

=Han=

I agree about it being 'Illogical' but the fact is it's addtive so people can't and don't want to stop - unlike vaccuming and folding cloths...

I wouldn't know about how addictive it is as i have never and will never smoke but clearly it's not just somthing you can just stop.

I wouldn't know about how addictive it is as i have never and will never smoke but clearly it's not just somthing you can just stop.

There are 2 different forms of addictions medically speaking.

1- Physical addiction

2- emotinal addiction

Tobacco causes both addictions at the same time. Physical addiction is less in marijuhana than it is in tobacco. This means that it is very addictive. Ones your body gets used to it, it's very hard to quit.

(There are more than 6000 harmfull chemical substances in a tabacco.)

I don't smoke, and never will. I started high school this past year and I was truly shocked at how many people I knew from elementary school started smoking, especially the girls. I can't even have a conversation with these people about their habit and the health risks because they just don't want to hear it. And I still don't really understand how they get a steady supply of cigarettes. I was at a local convenience store a few weeks ago, and this kid in front of me bought 2 packs of ciagarettes. He goes to my school. He looked like he was maybe 16 and the cashier didn't even ask him for ID. They have a sign on the counter that says "Under 19, No Tobacco. It's the law. We Ask For ID" or something like that. Yet, this child was able to buy the cigarettes, no problem.

Maybe if you consider that 80% of all people are idiots to some degree (self included), it may make that a bit more comprehensible ^_^

Heh, when I was briefly doing convenience store work, I asked for ID from anyone I suspected of being under 25... much less 19. Two zaps to kill the store, so I figured I wouldn't risk it. Also, I wasn't being paid enough to waste any effort sizing up customer ages... something I'm bad at even at the best of times ^^

Sadly, I do smoke. I started in a period of my life which consisted of my wanting to fit in. I try to quit and I can, but my current situation does not warrant such an attempt because my physical attiction is extremely strong.

I quit about 2 months ago for two weeks, and it consisted of me having multiple strong arguments with my best friends almost tearing our frienship apart. In desperation to stop these arguments, in a fit of crying, i took up smoking and we go back to our non-argumentative life. I do hope i can quit once i get my own place to live in and i dont have to put my friend's family into jeapardy. Sadly, i don't see that happening very soon.

I have found very good ways and reasons to quit smoking, but as long as i live with my very best friend and her family, i'm not going to try again. I simply don't want to put her family happiness into jeopardy.