Star Trek XI (possible spoilers)

xyon

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll suck' date=' all the other odd numbered movies did.[/quote']

Yeah, but the even numbers tend to be good and Nemesis kinda messed that up.

btw, I kinda like Final Frontier and Insurrection...never been the biggest fan of Voyage Home though.

I think the new movie should be 5 years into the future...in real life. Let the franchise rest.

Drip feed us some tv movies in the meantime tho. Can't just go cold turkey.

Well, then go and have a watch on an action or a triller film, what would be the difference if ST XI is set 5 years from now??? What would it be about, modern space shuttles??? :LOL:

Does it really matter who is in it or when it takes place as long as it is Trek. I for one will watch it.
Oh' date=' I think Enterprise has pretty well shown that it matters a great deal.[/quote']

Nooo! Don't say so man! I really liked Enterprise a lot!.But i don't think this new idea of paramount will work either. Let's see 5 years from now and my country will ( maybe) send a man to space. wow what a great movie that'll be! ;)

On this I agree, I really liked Enterprise after I got over TRYING to hate it, c'mon, Scott Bacula? But he made a fine captain even though he was stil travelling through time and space in a bunch of episodes, at least it wasn't into a different body.

I really don't think anyone (though I was wrong early last week) could be dumb enough to try any kind of Star Trek legend/movie/prequel set 5 years from now, and from what is being said about the actors that may be envolved, I would guess it would have to be a time travel to 2010 if that rumour is even remotely true.

btw, I kinda like Final Frontier and Insurrection...never been the biggest fan of Voyage Home though.

you liked Insurrection and are dogging Nemesis? :stare:

I actually liked Nemesis. Just that it wasnt as good as the rest.

Guys c'mon, trek did interest you at one time. Give those guys another shot. I for one would be interested if they put the Star Trek: Titan novles into movies.

I don't like this prequel idea very much. Unless they come up with something outstanding, things can get messy quite easily.

I'd rather watch a sequel to Nemesis. Also, why not introduce some cool technologies to the Enterprise and the other Starfleet ships (transwarp conduits, Voyager upgrades and so on)? Personally, I'm tired of seeing the Enterprise get beaten every movie...

you liked Insurrection and are dogging Nemesis? :stare:

And not to mention the Final Frontier. That was some weak stuff. If the cat girl and three breasts wern't in the movie it would have been a waste. The supporting cast acting was horrible, that's all.

And not to mention the Final Frontier. That was some weak stuff. If the cat girl and three breasts wern't in the movie it would have been a waste. The supporting cast acting was horrible, that's all.

Yeah, but it's bad in a good way. The whole premise is that Kirk gets to question and fight 'God' ...and win.

Yeah, but it's bad in a good way. The whole premise is that Kirk gets to question and fight 'God' ...and win.

And i think the fact that he won makes it seem a little pathetic

I like the idea of something new in the future possibly with a mix of characters we know (and love)

I do NOT want to see an exclusive ds9 or voyager movie (sorry guys) and I do NOT want to see anything set 5 years from now gawd. paramount should be crushing that rumour imediately if they want to generate interest in the film. I dont care if it does use time travel, it would be cheesy....data returns to help america fight terror :P geordie uses his visor to detect cracks in the shuttle's hull, picard and sisko put their heads together creating a solar reflector to solve the worlds power problems.

I enjoy startrek for a bit of escapism and idealism. setting it 5 years from now will RUIN that for me. *pout*

Dudes, what about making the "A Time To......." novel series into a mini series where there will be a set ending. I think those novels were really good and this time Rick Berman doesnt have to make up stories and all that since the story arcs have already been set.