What’s your earliest memory of Star Trek?

dino4

My First memory of Star Trek,

Was watching it as a small child with my Grandmother.

(In Black & White)!!!

Some of you will not have heard of that, but it was true we all used to have Black & white Televisions.

She was really into it.

She only ever saw TOS, before she died.

Still I am sure see would have liked everything that has followed.

God bless you Gran...

:D

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We moved from the U.K.. to Canada in 1968 and the very first show i saw on Canadian T.V. was Star Trek . I remember my Dad saying what are you watching that tripe for, it's as bad as Dr. Who. Needless to say i ignored him and have been watching ever since

Good question :) I remeber being a little kid in the 70's and seeing the episode 'Miri'. You know, the one with the zombie things, disease riddled people, feral children--onlies I think they're called, etc. It was the most amazing show I'd ever seen (except for Land of the Lost which at the time was my favorite and still is :p). I was instantly hooked, and have never drifted away from being a trekkie. Yes I said it: A trekkie ;)

I was exposed at an early age to TNG by my brother. I was actually lucky enough for my first episode to be Farpoint. I was very facinated with data, and was instantly addicted :) Hell, i was even data for halloween that year. (although me and mother got in quite the debate when she purchased a red uniform instead of a yellow :S)

I think it had to be TOS episode with the ships that spun that force-field web or the one with the baby alien. Anyways, the best memory was getting a pair of flip open comunicators that worked like walkie talkies for christmas. Those things were cool and matched my underoos perfectly.

It was TOS for me, I remember Kirk beaming sown into a room with a computer console. Everything thing was frozen over (the ice looking like little polystyrene beads), and then I think Spock discovering someone frozen to the spot, like a statue.

Don't know which epsiode. Haven't seen TOS since I was about 14. Was more interested in TNG and the movies. Remember going to see Star Trek the motion picture on the cinema and being blown away byu the concept of a planet of living machines.

Remember going to see Star Trek the motion picture on the cinema and being blown away byu the concept of a planet of living machines.

Oooooh the motion picture. I remember first seeing that enterprise fly out on the big screen and I just sat in my seet mesmorised.

I was a little kid and the first one I saw was the original pilot (I can't remember the title right now, but it is the one with the captain from another ship who was badly burned/injured). It scared the living daylights out of me, but then I was just a tot.

Earlierst memories that I can recall were watching TNG when I was probably about four, five. It was either that, the news, or some boring sopa-opera at that time. I usually switched it off after a while. But there wertr the times in school that ew would take a girl's plastic head band, and slip it over our eyes, pretending we were 'that blind guy from Stat Trek'. I only really got hooked at about eight, or nine years old. I turned on the TV, saw Voyager being flung through space thousands of light years, and watched one who episode. And watched consecutive episodes. I wasn't a hardcore trekkie then, as I remeber having big gaps in memory from seasons two and three, but then when it came to seasonfour I started recording them, (them being all series). It was rather annoying that when they were airing reruns of DS9 seasons 1 and 2 and then skipped forward to the new (at the time) season 6, I had no idea what was happening, or why there was a war going on. Since then, they only re-ran season 3 once, and missed out seasons 4 and 5 all together. TO this day, I'm missing massive gaps in my knowledge of DS9.

I'm rahter annoyed about that... *evily glares at BBC scheduling*