What’s your earliest memory of Star Trek?

dino4

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cant remember what episode but was the end credits and the green alien whos picture appears on TOS..always had to look away as a kid as i scared me lol

Ha! Ha! I remember that!

Wow to a six year old at the time that was really scary!

Thanks for sharing that one with us.

I can recall these memories with fondness - the first ever memories that I have - was when either my brother or myself would run into the living room after hearing the Original Series intro credits run on BBC2,

We would rush into the front room and sit ourselves close to the little b/w 14" television that we used to have and watch the episodes in suspense.

For those of you that have been fortunate to grow up in the days of only colour TV - you are missing out - made snooker fun too - although let it be said that I am only 25 = but the first television my family had was the b/w 14" Fergusson I believe - and that TV outlasted any bought since.

Other quasi interesting thing to happen - that I am not sure happens to anyone else - or with another other TV show, but I can't remember a single episode of TOS. I have rough ideas, but every time I watch one I feel like I have never seen it before. It’s like I have complete amnesia and forget the ep immediately after watching it.

Does that happen to anyone else - or is it a sign of a brain tumour??? (not wishing to offend).

I can recall these memories with fondness - the first ever memories that I have - was when either my brother or myself would run into the living room after hearing the Original Series intro credits run on BBC2,

We would rush into the front room and sit ourselves close to the little b/w 14" television that we used to have and watch the episodes in suspense.

For those of you that have been fortunate to grow up in the days of only colour TV - you are missing out - made snooker fun too - although let it be said that I am only 25 = but the first television my family had was the b/w 14" Fergusson I believe - and that TV outlasted any bought since.

Other quasi interesting thing to happen - that I am not sure happens to anyone else - or with another other TV show, but I can't remember a single episode of TOS. I have rough ideas, but every time I watch one I feel like I have never seen it before. It’s like I have complete amnesia and forget the ep immediately after watching it.

Does that happen to anyone else - or is it a sign of a brain tumour??? (not wishing to offend).

Its just a thought but i heard someware, That Drink(Booze) Kills Memory brain cells....

Ha! Ha! Only joking..

I dont have that problem........ I have the memory of a goldfish..

Now what was the question!

Wish it was a case of booze - that would be a welcome sign - but unfortunately my weekly consuption works out at less the 1 unit. But for some reason with TOS I can only vaguely remember detailsof eps

Now memory of a fish you say.,, I will have to nickname you Dory :p (Finding Nemo)

Ah yes....Sitting in our family rec room.. (it was the 70's after all) i'm talking wall to wall shag carpet and fake wood panels for the walls..(!!!) but it was all 4 of us sitting together eating dinner on sunday evenings watching what was to me a new episode of star trek every week ..and it came on right after the bugs bunny and road runner hour so i was in heaven

My earliest memory of watching Star Trek, was on Thanksgiving day (in the USA) of 1966 (I believe was the year).

I was about 10 years old at the time.

Early that day, I was not feeling very well (it was some time later, when I learned that what I was experiencing was called "nausea"), and for the first time in my life, I think I had the "flu."

We had a late afternoon Thanksgiving feast with some visiting relatives at my parents home, and I recall eating a HUGE portion of very "rich dressing," thinking that what I was eating was hash-browned potatoes, along with turkey and other trimmings.

Soon after we ate, I had to lie down, and shortly after that, I started puking my guts out (which was the first time I ever vomited in my life, with the exception of being a baby maybe).

I recall, being in my own bed, and puking so badly and with so much volume, that of course the entire bedding had to be changed and washed. It was during that experience, that I learned that a certain taste in my mouth means "get up, go to the toilet, you are gonna hurllll!!

Hours later, after my parents were satisfied that I had puked all I was going to probably puke, they allowed me to lie down on the bed in their own bedroom, while my sheets and blankets were being washed and dried.

At the time, there was a small portable black and white television in their bedroom, and a bathroom with a toilet nearby on standby if I needed it again, and it was then, while lying in their bed, getting over the "flu" and my barrage of barfing, that I first saw my first episode of Star Trek, the Original Series, as it first aired on US television. Beats me what episode it was, that was almost 40 years ago now...

I was so interested in the show after that, that my parents allowed me to stay up "late" on school nights, to watch it after that.

Soon after that, NBC canceled the show... the bastids...