New Series?

Wazer

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far in the future after the Tempral Wars, The federation must control not only space but time, they could bring back "The Hoff" to play the captain, after all he has geek cred. and maybe by then hairy chests & red speedo's might be back in.................

I think that setting it in vastly different eras to the TNG/DS9/VOY is just essentially a way to escape any real necessity to write a decent show. If they concentrated on the rebalancing of the power in the Alpha quadrant post Nemesis with the end of the Dominion war.

It might actually be a legtimate time to introduce a new species to challenge the balance of power (or maybe one that has been mentioned only in passing).

not in the Enterprise-F, since that one was at one time captained by Riker.
That future no longer exists, because Q's interference allowed Picard to alter it.

YEAR 3000

I want to see the faaaaaar future, with timeships & travel to other galaxies, not just TNG's children (i.e. same old crap).

And no more Enterprises. One maybe two Enterprises are special. Unique. But now 3 or 4 and it becomes "just another ship". No more Enterprises... keep that ship as a historical legend.

troy

not in the Enterprise-F' date=' since that one was at one time captained by Riker.[/quote'] That future no longer exists, because Q's interference allowed Picard to alter it.

It was altered in some way, but it is debatable whether that would have any effect on Riker's carreer since StarTrek time-paradoxes usually are very incorrect when regarded in a linear fashion. But I'm shutting myself up, b'cause that's not what this thread is supposed to be about... :)

not in the Enterprise-F' date=' since that one was at one time captained by Riker.[/quote'] That future no longer exists, because Q's interference allowed Picard to alter it.

It was altered in some way, but it is debatable whether that would have any effect on Riker's carreer...

I just realized... Riker was captaining a future version of the Enterprise-D. Since the Enterprise-D blew up, how is Riker going to captain it?

troy

It never happened because it was paradoxical. That was in all good things (been a while so I may be wrong) the tear they repair started in the future and exanded into the past once it was repaired it never happened and the future was changed though at that stage most of us expected the Enterprise D to last a bit longer it was only 8 years old and they not even done a major refit till it was 25 years old. :(

The issue here still is what era not what ship I agree it would be hard to go for another Enterprise as it would a similar ship to before with similar adventures. :mad: That can be left to another topic :D

I personally have an Idea for a (in my oppinion a great plot line) for a post Nemesis show... one which elaborates the "Temporal Cold War" story line of enterprise into a new twist for a later time... something that shows Starfleet to be less than perfect...

I would love something after Nemesis. They sould wait and let the makers reinvent Star Trek for a new generation like they did with TNG. Only in this way can Trek avoid low ratings like DS9, VOY and especially ENT. ENT was a good series but it lacked truely original stories.

I would love to see a Star Trek show about... dare I say it... Earth. I'd like to see the growing pains of the federaion, and the inevitable change of the human race. It doesn't mean there won't be any starbound adventures and such (e.g. DS9) but it's center would be Earth. I think there are some great human tales that might come from such a show - human-centered stories are the best stories in Star Trek IMO.