New Series?

Wazer

On Andromeda - That was basically a Trek idea (allegedly) penned by Roddenbury but never suggested until after his death (he's an impressive man to be productive even after death). Anyway, it was originally going to be in the Trek universe but (I think at the time, Paramount) didn't want it. So it was basically set in a different universe, so instead of some ship going around fixing the Federation it was the commonwealth etc.

And really - saying that "everything has been done" - I agree with the sentiment of the people that say there has been an over-saturation of starfleet-centric topics. That's literally all we've had - and even that has been in a rather limited scope.

I think DS9 represents the biggest step away from the Trek format, you had a lot more character development and continuity than the other series (I realise that's subjective). TOS, TNG, ENT, VOY - none of them could boast such an enduring arc as DS9. Hell, beyond encounters with the Borg - Voyager was lucky if it could string two episodes together without hitting the reset button ;)

A show exclusively about time travel in the ST universe? I mean, are people really thinking about what they're asking for - it's kind of like asking for an Itchy and Scratchy show. Inherently, time travel episodes were hit and miss as it was and as a gimmick for an entire series, it would probably wear pretty thin in a while... although, without Berman and Braga it would stand a chance. That said, there is the oft discussed principle of a show's actual plot being inversely related to its potential.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I heard that they had a series of Andromeda in the early 70's, But it never survived the pilot episode.. I believe it was in a Interview with MBR where I learned of this..

Majel Barrett Roddenberry - MBR ( just in case some didnt know LoL )

Ok how about a series like this !?

Set in the new ERA... around 30 - 40 years after NEMESIS.

The FEDERATION is finally back again to its peak with the falling of the borgs... romulans... the dominion.

n

now they r allied with Species 8472 [and we finally get to know their real DAMN name]... an understanding with the Changelings... development of transwarp drive. hell the Feds can even come and take over the Transwarp hub Borgs used.

And then...

From another galaxy... comes another race... an ancient race... only the Qs know abt... the race that built... V'Ger... and the Borgs.

And complete all out galactic war breaks loose... muahahahahah...

ok maybe not the war part. I'd seriously like to see something on the line of the BORG origin... the future relation with the Romulans... Changelings and the Borgs. The VOTHs sending expeditions to check up how is earth like.

There's sooo much potential there... hell even I can come up with some interesting premises... and I suk.

ST: The Klingon Empire... ummmm... I like it!!!!!!! or ST: Untold Histories, yeah think about it, every chapter focus in another races (Romulans, Cardassians, etc) and Federation too (histories like Away Team or Hazard Team).

Yes I know, this is only a dream but it's a good idea!!!!!!

I like the idea of using a similar plotline to Andromeda -- where some catastrophe has destroyed 99% of the Federation's ships/technology/planets, only a few of the starships have survived, and they have to rebuild the UFP while brokering peace to whomever destroyed it.

Or: The development of Federation transwarp drive allows them to explore other galaxies, only on the first trial-run, they shear a hole in the galactic barrier, all hell breaks loose. A ragtag fleet (BSG styleé) must travel through to the other galaxy, propose peace to the savage, warlike races on the other side, and basically explore in the way the TOS did.

Admittedly, these ideas might work better as 6x90 minute episodes, but i still think they're better than a show based around time travel (which were the worst episodes of ENT, and oftentimes, the entire Trek.)

I agree totally... in EVERY Trek... there's an important 2 parter taking place on modern time. I can live with THAT... its become like a tradition but no other time travel other thn tht.

AND

I think its about time the FEDERATION fell... and the CREATORS of the BORGS n V'GER are shown with some explanation to the Qs and their origin.

Won't it be a cool twist if the Qs tunred out to be a villain race with some complex agenda... other than "we wanna rule the world" or "all solids should die" or the infamous "assimilation"

Seriously... something new 'cause I'm tired of the old Klingons and Romulan bickering... I dont care anymore abt thm... I just dont.

And nor about the unknown alien races in our galaxy 'cause those plots have alrdy been exhausted.

In many ways, it would be better if they never showed us the origins of the Borg, V'Ger and the Q Continuum as it would remove the mystery which keeps alot of people interested. Part of the reason they are so great is because we don't know where they're from.

Superpowerful enemies are often the least interesting because they're generally defeated by a really stupid weakness... not really much mileage in that.

And Despair is right - while some origins are important to reveal, some are only going to take away from a race. In pretty much every instance, learning more about the Borg has made them LESS interesting and less scary.

Personally, I really don't think you should bother with using an existing continuity if all you're going to just shoot off to somewhere totally new, with new people... and let's face it - if you're saying "let's do something like X did"... well, unless that was a good idea poorly executed (Sliders) it's not really worth it.

Of course, this is all highlighting that Star Trek is in itself just in a state of decomposition and exhaustion.

Basis of Voyager Film - They're now stranded in the dreaded THETA quadrant but things are different now! Janeway is even MORE erratic. Neelix MORE annoying and the rest of the crew MORE BLAND THAN EVER.

Basis of Enterprise Film: Correcting/explaining ALL continuity errors that ever occured in Star Trek.

Superpowerful enemies are often the least interesting because they're generally defeated by a really stupid weakness... not really much mileage in that.

And Despair is right - while some origins are important to reveal, some are only going to take away from a race. In pretty much every instance, learning more about the Borg has made them LESS interesting and less scary.

Personally, I really don't think you should bother with using an existing continuity if all you're going to just shoot off to somewhere totally new, with new people... and let's face it - if you're saying "let's do something like X did"... well, unless that was a good idea poorly executed (Sliders) it's not really worth it.

Of course, this is all highlighting that Star Trek is in itself just in a state of decomposition and exhaustion.

True true... ok... then

How about something regarding the TIME COMISSION of the 29th Century.

Kind of a Star Trek Timecop mix.

I dont know... I really wanted to see atleast the origin of the borgs.

I don't think revealing secrets would make 1 lose the glamour... if it is done right. BUT yes I know... in STAR TREK they barely ever do it right.

BUT Look at STARGATE... they manage to pull off their stuff quite well.

A somewhat idiosyncratic opinion, comprised of several key, but not haphazard, components:

-Create a plot loophole/whatever that negates most of the events of Generations, most importantly, that the Enterprise-D was, in fact, never actually destroyed -- the destruction of the ship was a puerile fallacy conceived by those truly wretched screenwriters.

-TNG as we know it actually went on, the ship was made bigger and better to really accentuate and beef up its image as a flagship. The new storyline would be examining the events therein that we missed as a result of future developments post-TNG run. The Federation would encounter worse enemies than the Borg, the Romulans. All of the original Enterprise crew would receive far more and far better character development.

-Scrap Nemesis. That movie was simply pure filth.

-Do something crazy...like marry Picard to someone!

Okay, okay, I hear the protestations even now...it's impossible, but it's my most entertaining opinion. :)

Naaa... I like your ideas... and specially since u said NEMESIS was filth... which it was. But there really isn't any point in dragging NEXT GEN.

Either do something CREATIVE based of Time Enforcers

Mirror universe series based on the TERRAN EMPIRE's Rise and FALL

or

A New Generation based on a new ship new crew... or better... an outpost in another galaxy with ships exploring it.

See they have already covered all the 4 quadrants so there's no mystery here anymore.

I think that they could do a Trek based on 29th century timeships with all that fancy shmancy future LCARS(Relativity anyone?). but it would get old. I would like a Trek with the Federation and 8472 allied but a rather large and powerful 8472 faction go off and try to break the alliance. They could have Starfleet Medical go and experiment with some technology that turns into disaster and creates a disease similar to the phage and due to some mix up it gets handed off to the Romulans. I would like the next Trek to be based on a Prometheous or AKIRA class vessel altho IMO ENT killed the coolness of the AKIRA. Also the ship should have a ECH (emergency command hologram)

I think Voyager killed the mystery of Trek because they basically made any obstacle overcomable by pushing a couple of buttons.

Sighhh... VOYAGER had sooo much potential and they could've done sooo much more but sighhh... truth hurts.

Outta the 176 eps around 100 are important and out of that about 70 are good.

How sad is THAT !?

My Idea for a Trek was a future timeline... where the Dominion are helped by the Feds and they finally realise that the Solids are no more a threat but they can't join the Feds 'cause well... noone likes them.

Someone finally remembers to ask the REAL NAME OF SPECIES 8472 and they become a part of the Federation. BORGS are proactically exitnct and there are FED ships going around rescuing BORG drones and ofcourse CLEANING UP VOYAGER'S MESS.

Then...

Comes the creator of the BORGS from another Galaxy. There would be only 1 of them... but they'd be suffering from some type of illness that's why only 1 is walking about. The others are in some type of stasis. They created the BORGS to find medical cures by learning more about other races... which went wrong and started assimilating... specially 'cause its more efficient.

He reactivates the BORGs and comes undercover to FED space he asks them for help and they decide to do it until Q arrives and tells them not to... 'cause this is a race they've been in war with eons ago. These races are more powerful than the Q and their most dangerous ability is that they can enter the Q continium while the Qs can't enter theirs.

Obviously FEDS stop helping him... and try to get him so he escapes. Q reveals that tht's why they introduced BORG to the FEDS 'cause they knew this day was coming and they couldn't do direct intervention in fear that the creators could come into their realm and kill them but since their suffering from that disease it limits his powers so he can't really go around blowing up planets.

So the Ancient alien escapes... fixes the BORGS and come back with a VENGENCE and reveals that their offensive unit are the V'GER race.

I know what you all are gonna say... it suks 'cause we all know that the Ancient alien will be defeated in the end... and the story sounds screwy 'cause with that much firepower feds don't stand a chance. :rolleyes:

BUT These would be the twists...

The Feds have no choice BUT to go around and get all of the powerful races of the galaxy to unite... like the Dino people... Advanced Ocampas... the Prophets... Dominion... Krenim... everyone but they still lose.

And the BORGS will finally show how smart, viscious and powerful they are.

In the very end they can't defeat the Ancient alien but more secrets are revealed like the Ancient aliens are actually Qs who have evolved more and they were in a fight.

Things like that. ;)

See... its better than wht's out there already... or not... :(