latest game you bought

Engineer101

Starlancer did indeed kick much ass!

I do have a soft spot for Freelancer as well, no matter how many bugs or how simple it is.

My most recent game purchases would have been: Silent Hunter III for the PC, Devil May Cry III for the PS2 and an old one but a good one: Kung Fu Chaos for the Xbox.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Civ III Conquests

And I've had to remove it from my computer because it severely interferes with my sleep patterns.

:( :( :( :( :(

was reported in PC Gamer UK editon that Sid is working on Civ 4....cant wait for that always loved the civ series since way back on my commodore amiga :p

I bought Halo 2' date=' the only video game I've ever purchased.[/quote']

must have been halo 2 on pre order £40 :(

bloody worth it though. Best game iv ever played, rest r dl's :P

Last I bought was battlefield 1942 with the road to rome ad-on.

I had originally downloaded bf1942, but loved it so much I had to own it. I really like the desert combat mod. So much versatility being able to drive tanks, fly helicopters....

A really good combination of a war shoot-em with strategy and simulator.

Fantastic if you get a group of friends together to play over a network/internet

i recently bought a backgammon set on ebay and due to bad payment instructions did not pay for it.

i simply instructed the vendor that he should grease it up before sending it to me cos if i ever got my hands on it then his experience in having it inserted would chafe less

I bought games waaaaaay back before broadband was invented. That was the only way to get games. You can't download a game over a 1200 baud modem or even a 56K

modem.

Yeah, back in the day the games were smaller. I downloaded plenty of wonderful DOS and Win 3.1 games at 2400 baud, later at 14400 baud. Since most people didn't have CDs, games had to fit on diskettes. Kept them managable.

Resident evil 4....for £1 and 4 crappy games traded. was a speacial deal at game!

As far as i can tell ppl just buy console games cos u can dl pc ones for free

oh also got hl2 as last pc game bought

Last games I bought:

For PC - NWN: HotU (Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark expansion)

For Xbox - Jade Empire

Loving both of them too. Not at the expense of time spent with my baby daughter, but as soon as she's asleep I ignore the chores and have a little relaxation time playing some good RPG :-)

Not counting my stepsons XBox games, I think I paid for a 3 game ste...what was it?...Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds, Indiana Jones and the Emporer's Tomb and James Bond something or other that I beat quickly. Paid about $25us

There is a serious constraint with MMO's, I'm happy to announce that MMO's will not dominate the market, the average gamer can afford one or two monthly accounts if that, but more than this is the time and dedication it takes to get your money out of them, in fact MMO's will get a cold shoulder from most gamers ultimately because even if they were free, who wants to sit on a polygon boat for 40 minutes to get to another continent, or whack on polygon snakes for hours? they could be doing something fast paced or at least remotely interesting. I could list all the great games that have a cult following lasting years or decades, such as XCOM, Elite, the elder scrolls series, ... I doubt any MMO will ever reach that status, because in the end (and especially when a monthly fee is involved)... in the end the user while they might've loved the game, is left with a bad taste in their mouth and a sore rear over the serious humpage Sony Online Entertainment(for example) gave them.

So to sum it up 'the trend will continue' until they realize how truly finite the market is for MMOs, and they watch PC Game sales slump when they neglect to publish quality single player and LAN games... I know I for one would rather regress to Rune Quakefest than expect to meet my friends in an online server full of a thousand spoiled brats that wouldn't know work if it bit them on the ass, AND have a good time there... with them.... yeah?!?

wtf wtf n00b stole my kill wtf camp elsewhere stfu stfu

--

My last game purchase was Unreal Tournament 2004.. I bought it specifically to play with a group of friends that also own it.. Also found Real War Rogue States for $4 on clearance.

NumbahWon

HL 2

The next game I buy will probably be the Serious Sam sequel. Nothing else except WoW looks interesting. There is no way I am paying a monthly fee to play a video game.

lol if case you havent realised more and more companys are switch to mmorpgs/pay to play games because they make more money and the trend will continue

Engineer' date=' is there a difference between "brought" and "bought"? [/quote']

yes if you bring something then you have brought it

if you buy something you have bought it

just a r difference

my last game was black hawk down

multiplayer online game where you piss people off by shooting them.

once you got the game it's free to play

my son just bought starwars mmo game it's a tenner a month what a ripoff

and guess who gets to pay