"Top 50" Sci Fi Shows..

Mav

http://www.boston.com/ae/tv/gallery/topscifishows/

Some of these don't even need to be on this list

Tales from the Crypt is one. If anything, that is pure "horror" (if not campy horror). How it falls under "science" fiction I'd like to know.

Xena: Warrior Princess? Come on. I enjoyed it myself, but it's about greek/roman mythology..if anything this falls under "fantasy".

I love also how they include Voyager, TNG, and TOS but no DS9? DS9 was far superior to Voyager but doesn't even make the list, at all. Nor does Farscape (if they can't recognize Browders acting ability their list is complete dren in my book).

'Babylon 5' is arguably one of the best sci-fi shows ever made. Some may compare it to 'Star Trek DS-9' but with a better plot and cast - you be the judge. In the meantime, we'll give 'Babylon 5'; a thumbs up showing in the No. 5 spot.

I completely disagree with that, DS9 was better in my opinion.

This list of top 50 is aload of crap, they really didnt look in to the details when discribing it, take dr who for example according to them it ended in 1987 and nothing about the new show thats been on this year.

and there is alot of NON-SCI FI in that top 50 as well, the likes of Avengers, Man from uncle...next they will be saying that james bond is not spy thriller but sci fi (apart from moonraker).

Tales of the crypt/buffy...next they will be telling me the evil dead is sci fi or dracula lol

Also where was Blakes 7?????

Nice to see the new BSG but up there as number 2, i know i love the show but i would say thats abut to high lol.

Guest Mrthumps

I didn't know that Xena, Buffy and the Avengers were Sci-fi. Silly me.

Otherwise, it was nice to see stuff like "Flash Gordon" on the list.

Come on now, Surely one of the FIVE Star Trek series can make it here?

Really.

In any case I think that Star Wars can make it on any sci-fi poll easily. Good work George Lucas (on the original trilogy, think I).

The "list" was of tv shows, or mini series. I'm sure they coulda included the "new" Clone Wars cartoon series, which people seem to like alot.

Some things obviously need not be on that list.

Yeah so much of the stuff on that list shouldn't be considerd sci-fi' date=' its hard to define the border between sci-fi and fantasy, but common some stuff is just fantasy.[/quote']

Definition I saw one time was that

science fiction made the implausable posible and fantasy made the impossible plausible

I love also how they include Voyager, TNG, and TOS but no DS9? DS9 was far superior to Voyager but doesn't even make the list, at all.

'Babylon 5' is arguably one of the best sci-fi shows ever made. Some may compare it to 'Star Trek DS-9' but with a better plot and cast - you be the judge. In the meantime' date=' we'll give 'Babylon 5'; a thumbs up showing in the No. 5 spot.[/quote']

I completely disagree with that, DS9 was better in my opinion.

Hear! Hear!

But I am confused about some of the entries. Batman? Third Rock From the Sun?! Buffy?!? Are these really sci-fi?

Xena: Warrior Princess? Come on. I enjoyed it myself' date=' but it's about greek/roman mythology..if anything this falls under "fantasy". [/quote']

They list "V The Series" at 18. Yeah right. The movies were good, but the weekly series was complete crap. Here's my personal ranking:

babylon 5 (novel for tv)

star trek ds9

stargate sg-1

farscape

star trek tng/tos (tie)

stargate atlantis

galactica (new)

doctor who (new)

quantum leap

red dwarf

star trek enterprise

earth final conflict (only years 1&4 are watchable)

galactica (old)

seaquest

doctor who (old)

sliders/firefly (tie)

planet of the apes/buck rogers (tie)

andromeda (only years 1&2 are watchable)

star trek voyager (blech)

roswell (teen soap)

earth2/space above and beyond (tie)

lexx/blake's 7 (yawn)

DEAD LAST:u-fo (and other shows too lousy to name)

Any Sci Fi list that doesn't contain:

Sapphire and Steel

Earth 2

The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy (BBC Tv series)

Blakes 7

Deep Space Nine

The Adventures Of Brisco County Junior

Needs a serious reworking!!! Especially if it contains Batman, Wonder Woman, The Man From UNCLE and Tales from the Crypt etc. None of which belong anywhere near the genre.

The Adventures Of Brisco County Junior

Oh I how miss that show. Bruce Campbell at his finest aside from being Ash ;)

I always wondered how it ended, with those damn time traveling orb things