Defiant VS. Voyager

superman9595

(and to anyone who thinks that we might be getting off topic' date=' we could say we are compairing VOY aginst Defient when it comes to what might of happened in the delta quad, lol.)[/quote']

hehehe - na this ain't off topic - the title of this topic could mean anything really.... :rolleyes:

na' date=' they are all friends. And i was suprised that VOY crew did not mutiny... I mean they had 150+ ppl on board, not to mention Mixed with Maquies and Federation crew. The defient has probly 30 ppl max... and they are all mostly friends. Sisko could talk his way out of a mutiny while Janeway would be leading attacks with loyal men agianst the mutiny ppl.[/quote']

Now if the Defiant was in the Delta Quad instead of Voyager - would they use there cloaking device the whole time and try to sneak past or would they do it similar to what Voyager did - cause as 30 + crewmen - it wouldn't take much before they start loosing people and become seriously undermanned......(in every battle in DS9 we normally hear of someone dying on the Defiant)

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If DEFIANT was lost in the Delta Quad... Sisko would've mopped the floor with the Kazons.

Remember... Sisko isn't a sissy like Janeway. He prefers to fight than run away. Plus Defiant uses its arsenal of weapons like the quantum torps n the pulse phasers which themselves are powerful enough to put the fear of god into the Kazon n the other 3rd class races.

What about the The Prometheus from the Voyager EP Message in a Bottle? That was a bad arse ship...it could "split" into three seperate attack units. I'm not saying it could defeat the Defiant but it was bad...no?

c4 B)

Yeah bad - i hear those high traffic costs of it's are a real pain! :)

Man, just try to link to a nice graphic today...sheesh! Anyway...I deleted the link.

But i think the Prometheous could beat the Defiant....

Uh oh...that's gonna open up a can of worms... ;) pssssst...I think you're right...

c4 B)

Foolish Romulan. Any Federation ship could beat any Romulan ship. Defiant is ship of fools but could beat whole Romulan fleet in a heartbeat :p romulans can't even make decent doughnuts...

c4 :cyclops:

HaHaHa :D Doughnuts.

I don't get it. :(

Ok on the DEFIANT VS PROMETHEUS. That IS currently the most powerful ship the FEDS have. It has more firepower than the DEFIANT... tougher than a SOVEREIGN n AGILITY almost as good as DEFIANT.

More advanced Ablative Armour than Defiant... Regenerative shielding.. but no pulse phasers though. That ship took beatings from 2 Romulan Warbirds... 1 Akira n 2 Defiants... survived... and wiped the floor with 1 Romulan Warbird.

DEFIANT's pulse phasers are good advantage over any ship hull... except Abltaive Armour.

Don't forget...the PROMETHEUS can "split" into 3 (count 'em 3) seperate ships. Nice advantage IMHO.

BTW...it is a well known factoid that the Romulans mismanaged every single Dunkin Donuts shop on their home world.

c4 :cyclops:

HAHAHAHA !!! :D NOW I GET it !!!

Dunkin Donuts and Romulans... :)

:thinking:

No wait... I still don't get it :(

Yeah... and personally I think the Prometheus seperate parts are less powerful than DEFIANT but easily as much as an Akira.

I mean this freakin ship has 5 WARP NACELLES... all capable of exceeding warp 6.

Basically... PROMETHEUS is the ship [plus more] the FEDS hoped DEFIANT would be but it had flaws.

Prometheus doesn't.

Seriously... the next movies or series should have fleets of Prmetheus... Defiant and Intrepid with the Ablative armour upgrades... n maybe...

the Dignity class [Enterprise J... the 1 shown briefly in ENTERPRISE]

36660_1.jpg

36660_2.jpg

36660_3.jpg

I think they screwed up. VOY should be better in almost every way just cause its newer(even though its not meant to be a warship like defiant), its like a car. There's no 10-15 year old car that even compares to cars today so imagine how fast their technology must advance in say 5 years. I mean if the defiant had quad-torps why not equip VOY with it, by the time they constructed VOY quad-torps must of been like "old" technology for them, it should be standard feature on every ship.

anyway my point is even though defiant is actually better in comparison(better weapons etc..) I think it just doesnt make sense that VOY doesnt have the good stuff defiant had, its like VOY is a hyundai and DEFIANT is BMW..

Nope... VOY is a new age attack ship... new class... The Intrepid.

Defiant was a top secret project to beat a CUBE.

The comparison here is not CARS... but A New car and a Tank.

Intrepid could even be a Vector or a Mclaren F1... but Defiant would still be a double barrelled tank.

n a double Barrel tank owns a Mclaren F1 anyday.