Official Discussion: Dr Who Xmas Invasion

coolcat13

well Dr Who is about to kick off with thier holiday special and I figured that i would get geared up for a fantastic new season by kicking off this thread

spoilers alert: spoilers may be posted so those not wanting to read any spoilers should go no farther

What I am most looking forward to is Sara Jane Smith's return to the show as she was one of my favorite companions .

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how thay've "aged" K9 - I wasn't sure whether they were going to use an updated model but it seems to be the old one with added rust (never realised K9 was iron based!)

Alas, poor K9. ;)

Actually one thing I was wondering about the new series, is whether someone will find a way of posting the red button episode in which you can control the TARDIS, for all the people who can't view the interactive broadcast. It's probably not possible to keep the interactivity element, but it'd be excellent to see what the first alien planet in DW will look like.

I'm still looking forward to the first online pics of what the Graske look like, they were pulled from the net pretty quickly.

I thought that was a really good episode! I think the new Doctor is good, certainly better than I thought he was going to be (although I knew I'd enjoy him anyway). He wasn't doing much until he mimicked that alien which made me laugh, then I knew he was a Doctor.

I look forward to the spring!

The sword fight was pretty lame, but all in all I liked it a lot. I was saddened that none of the footage which was released online a few months back had been used (which would have made it a direct continuation of Parting of the Ways starting with the first few minutes after his regeneration) and that Harriet Jones has a fall from grace directly due to the actions of the Doctor. I hope her character comes back and is able to make amends unlike whathisface from The Long Game. She was only doing what she thought was right for the planet, and in such a situation I'd have to agree with her.

I really liked the episode. This episode reminded me of the first Davidson episode, with the doctors issues with regeneration, and a couple of Hartnell / Colin Baker / Mc Coy episodes when the Doctor acted like a prick to his friends, and screwed people over for crossing him.

Am I the only person that didn't catch K-9 or Sara Jane?

I was quite pleased with the episode; it harkens toward a very interesting Spring. K-9 and Sarah Jane? You bet!

Harriet Jones' aggressive action in murdering the aliens I thought was out of character, and to me, challenging those out there with violence is never a good idea, and it could come back to haunt her.

I do hope she does atone for her actions in the eyes of The Doctor and remains in the series.

I was saddened that none of the footage which was released online a few months back had been used (which would have made it a direct continuation of Parting of the Ways starting with the first few minutes after his regeneration)

That footage was specially made for Children in Need night, consider it a brief part 1 of the episode :)

I really liked the episode. This episode reminded me of the first Davidson episode, with the doctors issues with regeneration, and a couple of Hartnell / Colin Baker / Mc Coy episodes when the Doctor acted like a prick to his friends, and screwed people over for crossing him.

Am I the only person that didn't catch K-9 or Sara Jane?

it was on the preview at the end of the episode, also a very quick view of the cybermen

the episode was funny and quite the Dr Who of Old.

I think the deal with the PrimeMinister going all "Cowboy" all of a sudden is a set up for:

Past and Future episodes.

It is a good stepping stone to explain the Future-"gunning"-Humans featured quite a bit in the old DrWho years...

It does look like a great season!

:)

BRING BACK K9!!!!

For those who missed the 2006 season preview go to:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/video/

This was brilliantly done with quite a bit of the classic series style in it but still it had enough new flavor to make it very fresh .

remember that the brigadere would often go gung ho and piss the Dr off so having the prime minister fill that type of a role is quite interesting .

admittedly I am most looking forward to Sara Janes return and of K-9 .even my brother who is not a fan liked old K-9 and was looking forward to seeing him back in the series .

Many thanks to the kind uploader.

Since there's an obvious, dare I say super sized, spoiler warning I'll let my consciousness pour.

Plot hooks by the wormload:

We've got Skullface leader awfully angry, since we didn't see him croak merely fall, with a proper axe to grind since the Prime Minister pulled out the Earth Attacks vengence ray and vaped his entire freaking culture!

The Doctor's former hand is now part of the London urban landscape and unless is gets digested by the Thames there's a nice load of Timelord genetic material right there.

What sort of ET event happened in 1995 that gave UNIT access to such gloriously destructive tech?

Stuff that got my fancy satisfied.

In the London skyline Big Ben under repair after the Slytheen piggie pilot's bad turn.

Deadly christmas tree drywall repair shillouette in Rose's mum's home (Forthcoming and hoped for).

UNIT logo looks nicely sinister with the Egyptian wings. Almost like some secret society from the 19th century.

On edge of seat as well for next season.