Uniforms

Wazer

The only way round this is that if the Uniform change was not made regulation' date=' which it seems to suggest - until the introduction of the First Contact/DS9 Season 5 Uniforms.[/quote']

Thats probably the only explanation that I can think of.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I don't think so they were first seen in Rapture in DS9 about May 2373 this is before the events of First Contact which was screened earlier but was set in October 2373.

This Site has some excellent info an pictures of the various uniforms

http://www.ccdump.org/uniforms.html

There is aparently a new jump suit style uniform introduced in 2369 ( seen on DS9 and Voyager as well as in Generations)

The above site says "A jumpsuit introduced on Deep Space Nine. Currently in use aboard U.S.S. Voyager. This uniform did not replace the uniforms from the Next Generation, but seems to have been used alongside it, as seen in Generations. Officer's on Earth still use the Next Generation uniform. "

Which is similar to the conclusion most of us have arrived at. It doesn't seem clear on the rules of using this new uniform which may be why the introduced the new grey version and allowed use of vest in more casual setting.

• 2 weeks later...

Other than real world reasons, and actual Starfleet "rules and regulations" on who can or cannot wear what, I wonder why Starfleet goes through uniform changes so often? They serve no real purpose other than maybe being slightly more comfortable with each new variation. If I had to guess on the late TNG/Voyager ones I'd say they (Starfleet) went with the color of rank/assignment on the neck instead of shoulders so command officers wouldn't be spotted so easily. Just a guess, but hey could be right, with the whole Dominion War thing and stuff.

That gets me thinking is there any official starfleet headwear ie. hat or helmets

Most military uniforms have some sort of hat or "cover" but I don't remember anyone ever wearing one.

If not maybe we can come up with one. ;)

I'm not sure SOV13T's version would suit :D

That gets me thinking is there any official starfleet headwear ie. hat or helmets

Most military uniforms have some sort of hat or "cover" but I don't remember anyone ever wearing one.

If not maybe we can come up with one. ;)

I'm not sure SOV13T's version would suit :D

ok, how about this (from left to right):

1 roman, 2 pirate, 3 kinky (aka pimp), 4 magic and 5 french knit-wear style

imho the most stylish are kinky and french knit-wear :D

• 2 weeks later...

They're dress uniforms. Evening whites, dinner dress white jacket. Required at social functions like awards ceremonies, dances, dinners, and weddings. Civilians can dress the way they want at these things. The military can't most times. You have to wear the proper uniform. It's admiral picard! lol

web_050603-N-1126D-009.jpg

What do you call those white and gold uniforms they were wearing during the wedding in Nemesis. And why were they wearing uniforms if that was a civilian event?

vlcsnap4641625hz.png

Wait a second

Is that Wesley to the left of Dr. Crusher?!?!?!?

I've seen Nemesis a dozen times or more and I never noticed him sitting there.

How the hell did they explain having him in a movie, with a role that had no dialogue? Or the fact he came back from being with the Traveler?

You mean they cut that loser out because the movie was already awful?

As for uniforms, the original one piece, tight uniforms were indeed causing muculo-skeletal problems for the actors, and were then replaced with the woolen uniforms that then made the Picard Manuvoure so famous.