Is this a good show?

bbbb

Basic premise:

Cylons are a race of robots created by humanity, they rebel and fight with humanity before going away - to eventually return and push humanity to the brink of destruction. To say more would really spoil it.

As to whether its Star Trek's successor, I don't think so.

It's just far too good.

you gotta watch it from the start thoughout or you might get confused.. its not like st where you can watch one ep at a time, the stories do link together....

its very good... it rivals st, but not a successor since st isn't dead!! i hope :(

get up to date, dl the miniseries first & get the rest of the eps here...

http://forum.niteshdw.com/index.php?a=topic&t=6451

both seasons are here....

enjoy!!!

Is Battlestar Galactica a good show to watch?

No not really. It's boring. The first season I watched once, and have absolutely NO desire to watch it again. Too much Soap Opera nonsense (They should rename it "Days of Our Cylons" or "As the Galactica Turns").

The second season has improved with more emphasis on exploration, but it's still not up to the level of far superior shows like the X-Files Alien Mythology, Deep Space Nine's Bajor/Cardassian/Dominion Arc, or Babylon 5's Shadow War/Birth of the Alliance videonovel.

(shrug) If you see the New Galactica DVDs for $15 used, go ahead and buy them. It's worth watching once, but otherwise largely forgettable.

Is Battlestar Galactica a good show to watch?

No not really. It's boring. The first season I watched once, and have absolutely NO desire to watch it again. Too much Soap Opera nonsense (They should rename it "Days of Our Cylons" or "As the Galactica Turns").

The second season has improved with more emphasis on exploration, but it's still not up to the level of far superior shows like the X-Files Alien Mythology, Deep Space Nine's Bajor/Cardassian/Dominion Arc, or Babylon 5's Shadow War/Birth of the Alliance videonovel.

(shrug) If you see the New Galactica DVDs for $15 used, go ahead and buy them. It's worth watching once, but otherwise largely forgettable.

I disagree, I think battlestar galactica easily rivals any sci fi arc I've seen to date. I find the story is compelling and complex, with each episode leaving me wanting more. The first season, like any show, built up the characters and giving them the depth and background needed. This allows the second season to focus more on other areas of the story.

It is definately a show that you have to watch from the start. There is alot going on to get in part way through. It is essential to know the background of the characters to understand their motivations.

The style of the show is quite different to any other sci fi I have watched, both in story writing and the action.

Utopian society is a distant dream for these people, in the face of an overwealming threat they struggle to work together, fighting elements from within seeded by the 'human' cylons or the agendas of weak minds. Things rarely go right, and are likely to change at the drop of a hat. The show is by no means predictable and will leave you wanting more.

In my opinion, this is possibly the best sci fi series ever.

it seems theaveng is in the minority here :)

i don't know how can say anything bad about it its only in its second season & it kick ass!!!!!

so far if you comapre 1st & 2nd season of any st series with bsq bsw will hands down,, i wonder if they can keep it up though????

and its not fair to pick the best bits of sci series & say that bsg is crud...

for me i can't wait to dl the next ep & watch it... they just started se2 over here (uk).... o and i don't have sky!!!

BSG is the best thing on the BOX.... IT IS THE " SH|T!!!!!!!!! " :)

I like BSG. There are moments where I feel it's too soap-opera-ish, but sometimes it's necessary in order to string a storyline along for the end picture to make sense.

I actually like BSG over Star Trek, and I am a fan of that series as well. I found there were certain storylines here and there within some of the Star Trek material that looked like it was strung together by playschoolers. It felt that way sometimes.

BSG is darker, more realistic and in a way, presents a potential image of what could just as easily happen to us one day.

Look how we, as a society, rely so much on computers, machines and so forth to take care of our daily functions. Whose to say that one day we don't have a "Cylon experience" of our own? I'm not saying this will happen, but it could.

This is what draws me to BSG so much. That, and the talk of the different gods that the characters worship. I think it's kinda cool that many of the characters are guided by a sense of faith rather than just sheer command by the people in charge. Even the Cylons, a race that shouldn't even give a damn about the gods as they're "toasters" in the eyes of those who created them, speak much of the gods and know the ancient scriptures that have become so heavily embedded into the 12 Colonies' culture.

It's pretty good, though I think I liked it alot more as a kid than i do the new series. The first seasoon I watched pretty intently, but season two has been spent with other shows like Surface.

I find the newer capabilities of the Cylons a great addition to thier background though.

I caught parts of a few episodes in the first season and actually the show didn't catch my interest. But then i actually sat down and watched the pilot/miniseries and got totally hooked. It's the best sci-fi show i've seen since ST:TNG for sure. It does definately have a soap opera quality to it though, and the camera guys all seem to have ADD or are hopped up on something!

Quite frankly, the new BG stinks. The cast is all messed up, but the special effects are awsome! The origional BG was really the best when it comes to cast, like Dirk Benedict as Starbuck. You just can't replace actors as good as the origional. BG needs to get a better cast writer too.

I watched season 1 of BSG and I wasn't impressed, in fact I have stopped watching all together. It was far too dramatic for my tastes, recalling soap operas, or some of the really tacky episodes that occured ever so rarely in ST:TNG. For the most part, BSG is nowhere near some of the story arcs I've seen in Star Trek, (ie the dominion war arc in DS9, or some of the borg arcs in VOY). Suggesting that it could replace Star Trek is insane; I would much rather re-watch any Star Trek episode I have a copy of than sit through one sappy, drama-packed episode of BSG, with it's cylon love affairs and cancer having presidents (diagnosed by a doctor who smokes while telling someone they have cancer, no less).

Quite frankly' date=' the new BG stinks. The cast is all messed up, but the special effects are awsome! The origional BG was really the best when it comes to cast, like Dirk Benedict as Starbuck. You just can't replace actors as good as the origional. BG needs to get a better cast writer too.[/quote']

It's a remake, not a progression. They've changed a lot, and to the benifit of the show as a whole, and personally I never did like Mr Benedict.

The new BSG? Best show on TV at the moment, lost has nothing on BSG.

I generally hate remade show because if I've liked the original then I don't see why it should be messed around with. *COUGH* Dr. Who *COUGH* . In th case of the new BSG though I think that it VASTLY superior to the original (apart from the female Starbuck and the cylon in Baltars head!!). It looks better, the stories aren't some psuedo-western mask and Olmos is a great actor for Adama.

All in all the new BSG is, for me, very good. (Although as was already pointed out, enough of the 'adult' content, it's not clever and it's not smart, plus it just points out the laziness of the writers.

it is just that the new show dosen't seem to have the care freeness that the older series protrayed. I mean, I miss Starbuck and Apollo going off on missions together. Those were the good times.... Now, with modern TV shows (including remakes of older stuff), all that is happening is that movies are being subbed in with intense computer effects to make up for poor acting. Every new movie or TV show has so much sex in it that it completely takes away from the main theme or story. My opinion is that Hollywood need fillers to make up the show or movie time.