What political party do you belong to?

Chewbacca

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree mostly with the Republican philosophies, but feel a nice mix keeps too much forward movement or backward movement from occurring too quickly.

Personally, I'm going to attempt to start my own party, with its own moderate views.... and remove the albatross from around our necks... Wellfare, SS, MC/MK, and increase military, nurse, and teacher pay.

TEG

I had to check other. Philosophically, I'm an anarchist, but I'm a registered Green, who frequently works with & votes for Democrats.

If there was a Satyagraha Party, I would register for it. Until then, I'll just have to struggle to be the change I want to see in the world.

trust is a biger issue for me at he moment rather than political involvement.

i dont want a liar for a leader so right now politics is irrelevant.

I think the word 'irrelevant' is probably not accurate. It's extremely relevant since it affects a lot of people around the world each day. However, I would agree that it's all a bunch of bull... politics is all about 'buying' votes, which means nothing ever gets done because no politician is willing to upset too many voters. Thus, we never know the REAL motivations behind policy, and we never get REAL reform, it's all hanky-panky among the elites.

I personally, am a registered Democrat, but I'm really a fence walker. As a student, I've learned a lot about economics and trade theory, so I'm a big free trader (i.e. Republican?), but I also understand that the market has big failures that need some intervention (ie Democrat?).

On moral issues, I have to say that I tend to agree with the Republican view that we have each should be true to our moral values. But, I also think that Republicans tend to be poor Christians, in the sense that I don't like their attitude of "every man for himself" (anti-Welfare). I believe that we have a moral obligation to assist those in need, so I'm more for social welfare programs (though the implementation of which can be debated).

I find it best not to associate with a 'party' (since they simply always say the other party is bad, regardless of their past stances on issues), but with your own personal feelings. Last election I voted for a Republican governor in Utah, even though I disagreed with his plan to cut the state bureacracy and state programs. I did, however, vote for democrats for state legislature and most local offices.

Call me a Republocrat.

(And all this coming from a Political Science student!)

All forms of democracy are a farce and we are only fooled into thinking we make a difference.....

Think of this comment my boss made to me once about how we run the plant. "This is a democracy, because we (boss and I) choose it to be!"

Could that be true in government as well. Don't get me wrong I still vote and would rather be able to change leaders than have Hitler or a King, or something... But I still think we have less freedoms than the greeks originally hoped for when they created democracy....

I'm a dysfunctional rational anarchist.

Fuck that! I don't need your fucking lables!

Here, have a molotov cocktail!

:cyclops:

I don't even know what the inside of a voting booth looks like and I've never laid eyes on a ballot in my life!

Chose a party?

Just shoot me!!!

-----

I personally, am a registered Democrat, but I'm really a fence walker. As a student, I've learned a lot about economics and trade theory, so I'm a big free trader (i.e. Republican?), but I also understand that the market has big failures that need some intervention (ie Democrat?).

*snip*

(And all this coming from a Political Science student!)

Political Science student?

I’m a high school dropout myself, but I’m fairly well read, and very well traveled. I've learned more about politics from bums than professors. And from going to different countries to see for myself how things work.

Anyway, here's my opinion for what it's worth:

"Free Trade" is neither free nor trade.

First world empires are built on a foundation of owning the resources of the 3rd world. Gold, Diamonds, timber, labor, oil, food, and above all: Dept.

You cannot have free trade with someone when you are using military and economic coercion to control what he or she can produce, and what he or she can get for it. Forced Privatization slaves resources to the market, thus deigning their benefits to the people. That's slavery not trade.

Name one single instance of Privatization that benefited either the consumers, or the "public at large"

The only way to achieve True Free Pareto Optimal Trade is to remove coercion by leveling the playing field. Debt forgiveness and Nationalization of resources would lead to actual free trading among equitable parties. If “The Market†actually wanted to Trade Freely, I’d be the first to support it.

I suppose I'd support an International Nationalization and Land Reform party if there were one. Let farmers farm.

'K, that's my two cents, time to go milk the goats.

-=c0g=-