Startrek Legacy Q&A

Mav

Couple good questions outta this one. Such as

GS: We understand that Mad Doc is working with the unified Star Trek license, which means that you can include ships and content from all the Star Trek television series. Indeed, in one of the screenshots we can see a Constitution-class, Excelsior-class, Ambassador-class, and a Defiant-class vessel. (Yes, as your scanners probably indicate, there are signs of Star Trek geekdom here at GameSpot as well.) How will Legacy tie together these different eras?

ID: With Legacy, in a nutshell, you get it all, and you get it all from the beginning, bound by a solid story. Legacy is literally the first form of media that brings all the generations together in the same place; here you'll see the history of the series from the beginning, in a way that really makes sense. Having a chance to incorporate all the key ships from all the series is something I've been craving since my first Star Trek game. Plus, you'll see the characters, the styles, the races, and the core conceits of the series unfold and evolve. And like pieces in a well-worn puzzle, they fall together to form this amazing world with all the things you've come to know and love, woven together by a rich history and all that it entails.

From: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/strategy/startreklegacy/news.html?sid=6144009

(I know gamespot has some ads and popups but sadly most game news sites do these days).

Anyways, I like the sound of a variety of ship classes included. Defiant class, nice. ;)

*edit* I know it's the Xbox 360 section of the gamespot website but Legacy will also have a direct PC port released alongside the 360 version.

You know what I wanna see, is a Natural Selection like game based on Startrek. If you've never played NS, a mod for the first Half Life game, it is the original game (yes, even before Savage) that blended First Person Shooters with Real Time Strategy. Basically two teams face off on a map. Each map has key points for resources, choke points, etc Each team gets a default "base" point on the map and each team's base starts with the one key structure (in NS it's the Command Chair for Marines and the Hive for Aliens). Anyways basing it off the Marine view point, one player basically plays a Starcraft-like viewing of the map where he can assign players to build buildings, attack things etc. You aren't nesscarily "controlled" by anyone but you can accept tasks or not.

It's an excellant hybrid genre, it would work perfectly in Star Trek. The captain of a ship could be the Commander like in NS and the other players could be the crew/officers. The opposing force would have a similar setup.

I'd pay for it. And knowing me, I only pay for what I consider a quality game worth the money.

You know what I wanna see, is a Natural Selection like game based on Startrek. If you've never played NS, a mod for the first Half Life game, it is the original game (yes, even before Savage) that blended First Person Shooters with Real Time Strategy. Basically two teams face off on a map. Each map has key points for resources, choke points, etc Each team gets a default "base" point on the map and each team's base starts with the one key structure (in NS it's the Command Chair for Marines and the Hive for Aliens). Anyways basing it off the Marine view point, one player basically plays a Starcraft-like viewing of the map where he can assign players to build buildings, attack things etc. You aren't nesscarily "controlled" by anyone but you can accept tasks or not.

It's an excellant hybrid genre, it would work perfectly in Star Trek. The captain of a ship could be the Commander like in NS and the other players could be the crew/officers. The opposing force would have a similar setup.

I'd pay for it. And knowing me, I only pay for what I consider a quality game worth the money.

I like your thinking. Have you sent Mad Doc an email? It's such a great idea.