Do you read huge posts?

Oma

I kindda lose interest in a post if the message is hidden in more than 5 dense lines...

I'm talking about consecutive lines - no paragraphs or breathing space - so a post can easily be big and yet still readable if written well.

So how much can your mental RAM cope with? :)

What I mean is when a post contains parts that are made up of dense text - like this example:

This is an example of a 5 lines dense text.This is an example of a 5 lines dense text.This is an example of a 5 lines dense text.This is an example of a 5 lines dense text.This is an example of a 5 lines dense text.This is an example of a 5 lines dense text.This is an example of a 5 lines dense text.This is an example of a 5 lines dense text.This is an example of a 5 lines dense text.This is an example of a 5 lines dense text.This is an example of a 5 lines dense text.

Depending on the subject matter and the poster, I'll read just about any length graph. But somewhere between 5 & 10 lines it really needs a break, just for the sake of my sanity! These eyes aren't what they used to be.

There, I kept it under 5 lines w/o a break. Here's an experiment to see if 10 lines is too long:

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim qui blandit praesent luptatum zzril delenit augue duis dolore te feugait nulla facilisi. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit, sed diam nonummy nibh euismod tincidunt ut laoreet dolore magna aliquam erat volutpat. Ut wisi enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exerci tation ullamcorper suscipit lobortis nisl ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et

Yep, that's my comfort limit - 10 lines - if it's really, really good stuff.

I read pretty much everything, and in fact I prefer the longer informative posts over the "two words and a smiley" type posts. It's much more enjoyable to read the posts of someone who can organize their thoughts into a cohesive paragraph, than others who simply spew out a short series of typos and smileys.

Yeah, I guess it differs from post to post whether you skip because of the length or not- but it's great to know I'm not the only one who skips posts. I was beginning to believe my laziness had grown over my head. Guess it hasn't yet - I'll have to work on that...