Where have the torrents gone?

species8472

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mrthumps

I guess we'll find out in no time if this is legit or not.

Nite would most likely put up a major announcement if he's getting sued or not.

NiteShadow.com has over 24,000 registered members and offers over 1,000 science-fiction TV and movie content including Battlestar Galactica, Quantum Leap, Sliders, Stargate, Babylon 5 and multiple Star Trek series.

They make it sound like he actually has the movies and TV shows right on his server!

COSSACKS!

c4 :mad:

Did some more hunting and found the press release from the MPAA website here (pdf). Very sad indeed - and as far as I understand hosting .torrent files is not illegal, but it seems the MPAA disagree. If you scroll down to the bottom of the .pdf, you see exactly who the MPAA are as well.

About the MPAA

The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) serves as the voice and advocate of the

American motion picture, home video and television industries from its offices in Los Angeles and

Washington, D.C. Its members include: Buena Vista Pictures Distribution; Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer

Studios Inc.; Paramount Pictures; Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc.; Twentieth Century Fox Film

Corporation; Universal City Studios, LLP; and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.

I guess they can't afford a pay cut of the few thousand dollars they actually loose to downloads. Hell, I don't think Battlestar Galactica would have half the fans it does today if not for us getting the sneak peek over here via P2P from our British friends at the beginning. Instead, the MPAA would rather us buy a DRM'd-to-death DVD. And another copy for our PSPs or video iPods. And if you loose it, so sorry, backups were a thing only grandfathers could make back in the day when equipment was actually allowed to use its full potential.

Good luck, Nite. I think I speak for all of us when I say may the gods be on the side of justice in this. So say we all.

Believe it! They missplelled the site name, but I did read the press release off their site.

Actually, they way it reads, the sites themselves are blamed for offering content (yeah c4, I know what you said, I'm a copycat tonight), but if the stats are right, I'm impressed with this

Torrentbox.com, working in conjunction with Isohunt, boasts of enabling

over one million illegal downloads of Fantastic Four and over 4.4 million downloads of

Alien 2.

I just can not see how the hell they can say 'This site is doing bad things" when there is software out there for people to pass around files faster. All I do is find a file with an address to someone elses computer. Of course I understand that sites like these are congregations of people saying "Piss On You" to M|P|A|A...hmm, yeah, that's what I'm doing and that single point is what keeps them going, cause you know it isn't the money.

C'mon, what pisses you off worse, getting robbed or disrespected?

I say FRAK the MPAA, the RIAA, and anyone else who thinks harassing peple is a good idea.

In reality, this is the fault of their organizations to begin with. They sit there and manipulate the media, and make it so we as a society want to watch these things, now and free. They want us chomping at the bit to see their new movie.

But, with downloading, we can see it for free, and decide if we want to part with our money or not. But, they just don't understand this, and therefore start cease and desist letters, as well as sueing people.

Look at the RIAA. When they started sueing fans for downloading, did pirating decrease? Nope! It actually INCREASED fourfold. People got upset, and started doing what they were told not to do. I forsee this action will cause a similar issue with the MPAA.

The whole Napster thing was a lie from the beginning, and it's still a lie to this day.

They insist it is "stealing", when in fact, it is sharing......I think the fact that they lied to the courts should get the whole thing thrown out.

:stare: :stare: :stare:

The whole Napster thing was a lie from the beginning, and it's still a lie to this day.

They insist it is "stealing", when in fact, it is sharing......I think the fact that they lied to the courts should get the whole thing thrown out.

:stare: :stare: :stare:

You know, the MPAA wasn't outside the theaters I snuck into as a kid, guess they ddin't care about. If we all lived in a big ass house, we could share legally, this is just my way of sharing my stff with all my brothers and sisters everywhere.