Where have the torrents gone?

species8472

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes' date=' but since I live in Germany and not in I-get-a-million-bucks-cause-I-got-burned-by-McDonalds-coffee-America, I guess I'm fine...[/quote']

Nobody got a million bucks, go re-read the case first, then think a few minutes, *then* you can open your mouth. This way your ignorant idiotic comments wont flood the board

that case was bs. we learned about it in street law. she just wanted a few bucks for her utter retardedness.

oh and she won 2.9 Million so yes it was millions. ;)

yes' date=' but since I live in Germany and not in I-get-a-million-bucks-cause-I-got-burned-by-McDonalds-coffee-America, I guess I'm fine...[/quote']

Nobody got a million bucks, go re-read the case first, then think a few minutes, *then* you can open your mouth. This way your ignorant idiotic comments wont flood the board

that case was bs. we learned about it in street law. she just wanted a few bucks for her utter retardedness.

oh and she won 2.9 Million so yes it was millions. ;)

No, no she didnt. The real facts of the case:

-----

The jury awarded Liebeck $200,000 in compensatory damages. This amount was reduced to $160,000 because the jury found Liebeck 20 percent at

fault in the spill. The jury also awarded Liebeck $2.7 million in punitive damages, which equals about two days of McDonalds' coffee sales.

The trial court subsequently reduced the punitive award to $480,000 --

or three times compensatory damages -- even though the judge called

McDonalds' conduct reckless, callous and willful.

No one will ever know the final ending to this case.

The parties eventually entered into a secret settlement which has never

been revealed to the public, despite the fact that this was a public

case, litigated in public and subjected to extensive media reporting.

Such secret settlements, after public trials, should not be condoned.

----

So nobody actually knows how much she got.

Might want to get your money back from your school.

SSEK AND YE SHALL FIND' date=' to hell with the damn MPAA. I can't believe that there are still people talkin BSG trivia with this crazy #### goin on. We must get together and keep sharing, keep the courage and don't chicken out when the lawyers come knockin.[/quote']

You know, Frak off!

This place is, first and foremost, a place for those who love science fiction to get together and discuss science fiction. If there were ever in the past, or the possibility in the future, of torrents here, well they'd be icing on a wonderful cake.

Nite has family. He has children. I din't know about you, but I know that when you have those kinds of responsibilities, you don't frak around. Better for him to play it safe, and "Inconvenience" you.

Besides, there's a thousand different places to get torrents. If all else, Google it. So quit being a stupid frakker and show some support and understanding.

Just wanted to express my thanks to NiteShdw for running such an awesome site for so long, and for having the insight to know when to shut it down. The MPAA is huge, and if they are going to give us a hard time, it is far better to surrender and cut our losses than to fight and get sued or go to jail. To anyone that is clamoring for NiteShdw to fight and reopen the site: don't be retarded, we aren't going to win this one.

Now, I do understand Nite's predicament (having a family and all), I've been slapped with a lawsuit at one time as well which was dealt with in a similar fashion, i.e. cease and desist.

However, I really hope to God that people (i.e. isohunt or whoever it was) will stand up to the MPAA in court, even though it's likely to cost a lot of money. This thing with the MPAA and government taking more and more of our rights has to stop somewhere, the line has to be drawn somewhere. If we give them our pinkies they'll take the whole hand. Any right that we're willing to give up without a fight won't ever be returned, at least not until the next revolution, whenever that will come.

I can't believe there are people still out there that think that the law is about justice!! It is all about who has the most money. Hell the MPAA could get a movie made about it, and people like us would line up to give them more money to make the law see it their way!

1. Noobies to the site, shut the f@#$ up.

2. Everyone who is jinxing the thing with legal talk, eulogies, swan songs and "Thanks For The Memories" posts, shut the f@#$ up.

3. You, yeah, you with the "Where can I find..." questions. Man, that's insulting. Not only should you get out, but shut the f@#$ up.

mr. niteshadow...:)

give us back the torrents. its not illegal to watch recorded tv shows, we all pay enough money

...dont let them dry our wallets again and again.they will earn enough money through their work. :):)

I know i dont post often, but if you even thought to read a few posts above, or rather any posts made by S0VIET you would know why the torrents, or rather the tracker, will never be put up again. Nite has a wife and a young daughter to support and he doesnt want to put them at risk because of some torrents. Would you like to be sued by the MPAA? because if it doesnt bother you, then you can feel free to host a tracker.

Sorry for the rant, but its early in the morning for me and im tired of people who dont read the posts above to understand the situation.

mr. niteshadow...:)

give us back the torrents. its not illegal to watch recorded tv shows, we all pay enough money

...dont let them dry our wallets again and again.they will earn enough money through their work. :):)

Dude, shut the frak up. This place is first and foremost a place where sci fi geeks like myself can get together and discuss the shows and movies we love so much. If there were torrents, then those were just the icing on the cake, not the cake itself.

If you're just looking for torrents, try looking on Google. If you want a good place to hang out, then welcome aboard.

SSEK AND YE SHALL FIND' date=' to hell with the damn MPAA. I can't believe that there are still people talkin BSG trivia with this crazy #### goin on. We must get together and keep sharing, keep the courage and don't chicken out when the lawyers come knockin.[/quote']

Sheesh, I cant belive what Im reading here. jay3563, this is a sci-fi forum and trivia is also a part of this forum. We are here for discussing everything sci-fi related and not to discuss strategy to fight the MPAA. Are you here for the latter? Wrong address/url buddy..

It'll be interesting to see how many people stay now. I originally came here for torrents' date=' but i now I only stay for the community and people I've met here. I'm in for the long haul.[/quote']I'm not going anywhere, this place rules! B) So I'm looking forward to future chats Pella.

And the fans that discuss Sci-Fi here are absolutely great. :D

Funny thing is it's took me two days to realize the torrent site was down!!!!!!
Funny isn't it? I didn't notice until I read this thread, yesterday. :thinking:DOH!

Well its understandable and for once thought I would comment its always fun for me to read the thoughts 0f others I would appreciate the series being shown at the same time everywhere and the DVD being released at the same time as well. I download, watch and buy when on my limited budget the series box becomes available nad more importantly reasonable keep posting it makes my day to read it. (the joys of being disabled)!

I know i dont post often, but if you even thought to read a few posts above, or rather any posts made by S0VIET you would know why the torrents, or rather the tracker, will never be put up again. Nite has a wife and a young daughter to support and he doesnt want to put them at risk because of some torrents. Would you like to be sued by the MPAA? because if it doesnt bother you, then you can feel free to host a tracker.Sorry for the rant, but its early in the morning for me and im tired of people who dont read the posts above to understand the situation

I dont post often too but I read enough to understand the situation. If you read my post (have you ?) you would have seen that I was only speaking bt TV shows!!!!! Not any frakin illegal game torrent or something like that . So I dont want to put anyone at risk (stupid idea) . But one can put those "legal" torrents online. Theres no risk. Maybe I feel free to do that . As long as someone does legal torrents (and that is easy to determin what is legal), noone should be afraid of any oranisation (even MPAA or whatever ) .

And Im tired of pple which are too tired in the morning to read exact and understand what is meant. ;-)

i think many many of us "discovered" niteshdw while searchin' for torrent file download, i always liked to search for TV series, 'cause i should wait so long to see the episodes on air in my country... and SF cannot be waited too long, i should became crazy :D

Any of you can post me how to understand if a torrent file il legal or not? i think i will have to study that 'cause it seemed to me here is a nice place and i would like to thank any of you for what you're doing :)