Where have the torrents gone?

species8472

it is really funny that a 9 page long thread with the title where have the torrents gone, doent actually say where they have gone!!

and it sais nothing in the announcment section

would it be to much to ask nite to post a locked thread in the announcment section to tell us exactly what is going on

There is nothing going on. The only thing I've seen from the MPAA is the same press release that everyone else has seen, nothing more.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello again all

I'm amazed at the line this thread is taking. It would appear the the majority of posts are flaming at the MP@@ or wingimg about the tracker having been down and selfishly wanting to know where they can carry on with there D/Ling.

SO WHAT!!!!

I've been a member of this site for a long time now and I'm more worried about what will happen to Nite!

Nite has looked after us for qutie a while now and may have ended up in trouble for it, he needs our thanks and more importantly, our support.

I'm also concerned about his silence on the matter (is he under a gagging order?)

Stop thinking about yourselves and think of Nite.

Mods can't call this a flame I've not done it in caps but that's how I feel!

I'll keep watching this space

Pip

It'll be interesting to see how many people stay now. I originally came here for torrents, but i now I only stay for the community and people I've met here. I'm in for the long haul.

Funny thing is it's took me two days to realise the torrent site was down!!!!!!

I've been a member of this site for a long time now and I'm more worried about what will happen to Nite!

Well, he always knew what he was doing. People reminded him of the security issues on occasion (like the last MPAA sweep months ago) but he prefered to walk along his own path - which led into the dead stop.

I am really sorry for his family though, but it was his choice after all.

it is really funny that a 9 page long thread with the title where have the torrents gone, doent actually say where they have gone!!

and it sais nothing in the announcment section

would it be to much to ask nite to post a locked thread in the announcment section to tell us exactly what is going on

There is nothing going on. The only thing I've seen from the MPAA is the same press release that everyone else has seen, nothing more.

Sounds like you're doing the right thing Nite, imho, shutdown before anyone gets hurt - especially you. You should be proud of what you've achieved here Nite, especially the community you've built. But proud or not it's not worth getting dragged through the courts for.

Well, he always knew what he was doing. People reminded him of the security issues on occasion (like the last MPAA sweep months ago) but he prefered to walk along his own path - which led into the dead stop.

I am really sorry for his family though, but it was his choice after all.

I remember that, I was a more active member of the site at the time, work has curtailed that. Hey-ho my prob.

The fact remains the rest of my post applies IMHO.

Nite gave very good reason for what he was doing with the site and NONE of the suggested security concerns expressed would have changed what has happened.

Think of it logically, the MP@@ are taking the easy option at the moment by persuing public trackers, they will go after private ones next. I don't know about the laws in the GOOD OLD U.S.of A. but that is what they are using and trying to use in other countries

(see Pirate Bay).

Bottom line Nite needs our support and help

edit: Nite must have been doing his reply while I was writing my original post. Seems he's in the dark also. Keep us posted Nite!

Sheesh, I go away for awhile, and everything goes away. Ah well.

It's a shame to see the torrents going away, but unfortunately, it was inevitable. It's sad, though. If it weren't for this torrent site, I wouldn't have gotten to see Christopher Eccleston's Doctor Who (although I've heard the Sci-Fi channel is picking it up, I'm certain it will be edited a bit to make room for commercials).

So I'd like to add to the list of people who say "Thanks, Nite." I appreciate that the site was here for me, and I understand why you needed to take the torrents down.

Good work so far guys, and I guess the right step now. But in fact, if you voluntarily removed all the stuff from your page, I have to accept that. Imo it had been better to announce, that the torrent will be down soon, so that anyone could have finished his current business. Anyways - I haven't been here for long, but was a nice time.

I'm disabled and housebound most of the time, so this is one way I can see movies and decide if I want to take the wheelchair and get someone to take me to the theatre to see it on the big screen.

And the fact is that we don't get BBC here in LaLa land California which means that unless the MPAA flies me to England, how else do I get my Dr. Who fix? By the way, I worked at the MPAA as a temp secretary years ago and I can testify that MPAA stands for: Mostly Pigs and A**hole Alcoholics!

What is the difference between taping a song on the radio or video taping a movie, tv show on your vcr and downloading a file? We pay a nice monthly fee to use the "free" air of the internet, why doesn't the MPAA bill the service providers?

Praying to the Gods of Kobol for you Nite.

nonchee

theres an advert on when you go see films in the cinema over here saying how downloading is stealing and illegal, they also managed to get a link in to it funding terrorism and organised crime!!!

dont see how when none of us pay for downloading, just how stupid do they think we are.

i laughed so hard at the advert, my coke came out my nose!!!

Sad , sad news. Its getting harder everyday to exchange ANY file online. Msn messenger has already taken steps to try and filter out piracy and blacklisted many major file types such as exe and mp3. As a music artist I must say that you can and WILL lose money to piracy. Even the little guys. I am still basically nobody in music but have a small online following and yet still there are dozens of people bootlegging my album on soulseek. But honestly I ain't gonna be like metallica and cry a river over it. Mp3 has in fact helped me alot more then it ever hurt me and allowed me to collaborate with other artist around the world that otherwise wouldn't have been possible and also gave me an outlet to give away free songs over the internet. But I wonder wtf paramount is thinking? If they didn't charge so damn much for a single season of trek on dvd I bet most people might actually go out and buy them. Torrent network is an alright thing but personally I hate the speed. I would honestly spend prolly up to 50 bucks for a good dvd season of trek, but I won't spend 100 for one season. I hear they just lowered the prices on "some" seasons. Why not all? LOL But ya know what's funny is I think if years ago if the MPAA and the RIAA got together and applied there legal muscle like there currently doing when mp3 or mp2 even was in its infancy and people didn't even take it seriously they might have actually gotten their wish and stopped that technology from ever appearing. They have waited to late now. The public is spoiled and will fight back. But what you think happened to the 300 mile per gallon carbeurator? Or the firestorm sparkplugs? Control...... Well enough ranting. hehe

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7002555298

MPAA Fights Illegal File Sharing With New Round Of Lawsuits

February 25, 2006 2:30 a.m. EST

Matthew Borghese - All Headline News Staff Writer

Washington, D.C. (AHN) - The Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) continues it's fight against illegal file sharing of movies with a new round of lawsuits, aimed at search engines.

The MPAA has targeted sites that it calls, "sophisticated enterprises," that allow users to search for content on popular P2P platforms, such as eDonkey and BitTorrent.

Web sites affiliated with P2P file sharing of copyrighted material have become forums not to store the data, but to make it accessible to the public.

The sites named in the MPAA suits include, TorrentSpy.com, which the MPAA says offers 160,000 movies, songs and TV shows, as well as Isohunt.com, BTHub.com, Torrentbox.com and NiteShadow.com.

The MPAA also charges Ed2k-It.com, NZB-Zone.com, BinNews.com and DVDRs.net.