Where have the torrents gone?

species8472

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh sorry, didn't see your post there. I have tracker related issues set to auto-ignore. As for Sweden, there are laws there that deal with p2p -- yes no one is keen on enforcing them, but that's only because the strong arm tactics haven't been used yet - that time is coming.

Guest Mrthumps
u didn't get my point. not that i've read the whole thread. i just said put up the tracker in sweden' date=' since mpaa can't touch it not for now anyway. that there were no torrents left is pretty obvious since the tracker is down. im not stupid.[/quote']

Maybe you should read this enitre thread from the start and then s0v's facts thread and then perhaps you'll get the point that Fenriswolf was trying to put across.

no since his pointed out that there were no torrents here anymore, wich i already knew. my point were that u can host a tracker in sweden.

then reading 16pages am i to tierd for, atleast now. but if im still not getting the point then i won't mind this anymore.

put up the tracker in sweden ;>

u didn't get my point. not that i've read the whole thread. i just said put up the tracker in sweden' date=' since mpaa can't touch it not for now anyway. that there were no torrents left is pretty obvious since the tracker is down. im not stupid.[/quote']

I find it really bizarre that you felt that the image Fenriswolf posted here above, applied to you.

I also really find it very profound, that you should feel the need to point out the obvious to those of us here. Do your friends call you "Mr. Obvious" as a nickname by any chance? Are you next going to tell us that the Earth truly is indeed round, and that bears apparently really do crap in the woods?

Again, read the whole thread, dozens of others posted here in this very thread using words very similar to yours.

Please read #2 below, but, take a solid look at #1 as well. They might just be applicable in your case:

1. Noobies to the site, shut the f@#$ up.

2. Everyone who is jinxing the thing with legal talk, eulogies, swan songs and "Thanks For The Memories" posts, shut the f@#$ up.

3. You, yeah, you with the "Where can I find..." questions. Man, that's insulting. Not only should you get out, but shut the f@#$ up.

In this case, legal talk IS moving the site/tracker to Sweden (and haven't all of us heard that idea enough times in our lives already??? sheeshhh, like we are all a bunch of stupid nOOBs here) and your ramblings about what the MPAA may or not be able to do. Why do you and others persist on this?

Do you GET IT now?

YouwillSTFU.jpg

With deepest regards....

Edit: I edited this post, just so I could type this "I just edited this post" comment here.

The MPAA estimates that the film industry lost approximately

$3.5 billion to movie piracy in 2004, a total that does not include losses due to Internet

piracy. According to a study by Smith Barney, predicted losses were $5.4 billion in 2005

when including Internet piracy.

Link to above MPAA article

What losses are they talking about?

How can they claim that everybody will for sure buy something, they can't get for free...

If I couldn't get it for free, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't know about it, afford it or value it worth buying. There are a lot of other free stuff in the world I live in; TV, news, magazines, books, forums, games, a walk in the forest, hobbies, whatever.

I do spend money on what I value worth buying, not because someone tells me to or assumes I will.

And to state the obvious, it's the forum and the people on the forum that makes me visit this awesome corner of the internetworld, not the torrents that easily can be found with Google and on hundreds of other sites.

That is cool and so is your neat tagline when the fading colors in space

is there any thing we the members can do to help ? donations to help with costs of solicitors ?

stop posting stupid questions (as the one above) and read the forum threads. darn..

just offering some help ...... is that a stupid question , are you just simple in the head . i am only TRYING TO OFFER some help in the way of cash , you know things cost . web space , layers , bandwidth .... !!!!

grow up m8

is there any thing we the members can do to help ? donations to help with costs of solicitors ?

stop posting stupid questions (as the one above) and read the forum threads. darn..

just offering some help ...... is that a stupid question , are you just simple in the head . i am only TRYING TO OFFER some help in the way of cash , you know things cost . web space , layers , bandwidth .... !!!!

grow up m8

She allready apologised for that (and possible other things) buddy...

So read ahead a little before posting... ;)

Ive been told that I was cranky and rude to people who asked questions about what happened - I apologize to everyone. Its been a stressful few days and all..

I didn't even notice that the tracker disappeared until yesterday. Huh. To tell the truth, I don't even remember when the last time was that I downloaded anything from here, or even what it was. I come here to discuss the latest episodes of Stargate, BSG, and Doctor Who and that's about it. It was nice to have the tracker on hand but I never really used it. I guess I'm not going to have too much trouble adapting.