Should we end the silliness?

magestorm

Enough is enough :)

Polls were abused before, and they were deactivated if I remember. A little fun is not a bad thing, especially after all that's happened but I would prefer to see the energy directed towards constructive posts and not just random - I hope my post count gets raised, kind of posts ;)

mos eisley is the place for such silliness.

i dont see a massive problem - unless some people have their own ideal about how a thing should be and think that everyone who is havin fun in their own way is doin it all completely wrong...............

as long as this is the place for spam and a bit of silliness and a place where people dont have to take themselves or anyone else seriously then where is the Harm?

The harm is that it isn't fair on anyone else who posts without spamming up the forum, the harm is that it completely and utterly devalues the idea of the ranking system, the harm is that the ranking system is tied into IRC and if you spam up the forums it will give you a rank in there you have or don't deserve.

Half ops or ops in IRC should be earned, you can do a lot of damage with those particular commands both to other users of the channel and your own particular reputation on the network. If I find another person that abuses the forum by raising their post count to get ops or any kind of rank on IRC I will personally drop on them like a tonne of angry fur and teeth.

That's the harm.

Mos Eisley is the place for sillyness and I am not an advocate of such behaviour in a forum, sure I don't mind the odd spam thread which is why we've had several in the past. But if you even so much as insinuate that I'm out to spoil your fun after all I've done for this site then you're on a one way trip to getting on my bad side.

Because I have a very bad side at the moment, brought about by people asking constantly - where are t3h torrents...why have the torrents gone, are you going to be putting torrents back up, will there be torrents, is there ever going to be torrents ever ever again and so on.

Oh and pretty please can we have our torrents back.

I am close to putting up a new signature tha says: Oh n03s Teh T0rr3ntZ ar3 G4wN!

Actualy, this was from this thread.

Yes, I do talk a lot on here. However, I don't spam up other parts of the forum, and I I usually have something to say. And no, I don't post just to get my count up. If you'll notice, I also reply on several other sections, and on many of those sections I get fairly detailed. I just get silly on this section.

ok that McKay picture had me damn near passing out from the laughter

I wanted to do a picture like the Obi-Wan img above. A screen shot of him, Luke, C3PO/R2D2 in the landspeeder. Except remove the droids and replace them with icon images for bittorrent, azurues, utorrent etc and have the caption be "These are not the torrents you are looking for"

Guest c4evap

Speaking for myself (and my dead cousin and that god-like thing in Star Trek V) I'm sitting here now at my computer with a pair of panties on my head and tube socks on my hands up to my elbows -

soooooooooooooooooo

I don't find this thread all that silly...

c4 :p

Speaking for myself (and my dead cousin and that god-like thing in Star Trek V) I'm sitting here now at my computer with a pair of panties on my head and tube socks on my hands up to my elbows -

soooooooooooooooooo

thanks for the mental picture:D were you wearin anyting else???

soooooooooooooooooo

For it to work, you need to wear a bra on your head, not panties!

Guest c4evap

soooooooooooooooooo

thanks for the mental picture:D were you wearin anyting else???

No.

For it to work' date=' you need to wear a bra on your head, not panties![/quote']

I see. Mine was slung across my desk holding my Cheetos and clam dip.

. . . the harm is that the ranking system is tied into IRC and if you spam up the forums it will give you a rank in there you have or don't deserve.

Half ops or ops in IRC should be earned, you can do a lot of damage with those particular commands both to other users of the channel and your own particular reputation on the network.

I did not even know all that.