Marmite/vegimite

hendo001

I was born in the land of Dictator Bush.

Alas! I live there, too. Had I not discovered this site, I think I might have slit my wrists by now. But I've got the mysteries of DVD ripping (my DVD drive should be here soon) and video en/transcoding to take my mind off the soul numbing depression.

I'm even watching every single Enterprise episode. It beats watching our fearless misleader on the tube. But the most depressing thing is that I live in a nation who can't/won't look past the lies, deceptions, and propaganda.

Perhaps we should bring back poll tests. Require voters to have a working knowledge of the constitution, of Jeffersonian philosophy, and George Orwell! If you don't know who Big Brother is or the significance of 1984, then you don't get to vote!

And as a corollary, if you pronounce nuclear as nuke-u-lar, then you don't get to hold office. Instead you get to stay home and read My Pet Goat.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oook... Had some Marmite when I was in the UK. I had to try it. Lets just say I suddenly understood the bad reputation of english cuisine. ;)

We have beer yeast tablets here (taken for extra vitamine B ) that taste just as awful, but you dont spread it on bread, rather swallow them whole as soon as possible. Yuck! B)

I prefer Vegemite to marmite. Marmite is a bit too sweet.

I like my Vegemite on toast with a bit of cheese.

Or on Ritz. Or Bread.

Mixed with mayo and spread on my rice.

With some hot water to make a nice broth to dip grilled cheese sandwiches in.

On avocados!

How do you spread Vegemite on avocados? :o

Oook... Had some Marmite when I was in the UK. I had to try it. Lets just say I suddenly understood the bad reputation of english cuisine. ;)

We have beer yeast tablets here (taken for extra vitamine B ) that taste just as awful, but you dont spread it on bread, rather swallow them whole as soon as possible. Yuck! B)

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont be taking the piss out of english cuisine lol

I'm from England lol

Yeast scraped off of beer barrels, black as night, and incredibly salty... sounds like the Australian and English form of torture to me.

Hate it. Want to blow it all up.

;) But that's a terrorist hate crime!

Here's an idea for global peace: I'll let you not eat Vegemite or Marmite (or Vegex for that matter) and you'll let me eat it as I please ... (Or is my proposal just a bunch of creeping liberal nonsense that will cause cattle mutilations to rise, the Tao to fall, and the universe to become uniprose?)

HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!! dont be taking the piss out of english cuisine lol

I'm from England lol

I thought the English took the piss out of their "cuisine" more often than anyone else.

Perhaps if they did indeed take the piss out... it wouldn't taste so bad.

Mind you... as an Aussie, I don't like either Vegemite or Marmite... they're demonic creations.

keep taking ur prozac m8 pmsl

all opions welcome, but i still hate marmite lol

1) Prozac is over-rated, unless it's the only SSRI that works for you and you need an SSRI. OTOH, it's outlived its patent, so should be cheaper.

2) If you hate it, don't eat it, just send me a case!

:D

Require voters to have a working knowledge of the constitution' date=' of Jeffersonian philosophy, and George Orwell! If you don't know who Big Brother is or the significance of 1984, then you don't get to vote!

And as a corollary, if you pronounce nuclear as nuke-u-lar, then you don't get to hold office. Instead you get to stay home and read My Pet Goat.

I'll bet Jefferson would love Vegemite!

I prefer Vegemite to marmite. Marmite is a bit too sweet.

I like my Vegemite on toast with a bit of cheese.

Or on Ritz. Or Bread.

Mixed with mayo and spread on my rice.

With some hot water to make a nice broth to dip grilled cheese sandwiches in.

On avocados!

i think i'm going to be sick now. though even that tastes better then vegemite!

i'm from Oz, and i, along with everyone i know, minus maybe two people, love vegemite. it's an aussie brekkie thru & thru. one flatmate made vege on toast his staple diet for months. alot of us also made a point of having 3 or 4 pieces of toast with vegemite after a huge night on the plonk to avoid hangovers, trust me, it works.

actually i'm chowing down on some toast right now. :D

have heard of marmite but never seen it on the shelves around here.

we also have something very similar to vegemite called promite, smells like.......i honestly have no idea what, and tastes like it smells.

it's wrong and a poor substitute

Even though I'm American, I voted I like it, for several reasons:

1. I have a blast furnace for a stomach.

2. I'm willing to try new things.

3. It looks like I can grease the treads of my Armored Vehicle with it.

4. I'm a survivalist at heart.

:D