Who is the must ingenious STARTREK chief engineer?

percy01

the ONLY option anyone could seriously entertain is scotty! now THERE is a greese monkey for you!

"scotty, how.....long....till the.....engines...are back..........online?"

"ooohh captain, she be a broke down mess. I'll not be getting her back ta running for 3 days and we need to get to a starbase before we can get anything real accomplished!"

"you've got.......2 second.....mr scott!"

"oohhh, eye captain."

and he'd have it done in half the time! gotta love that!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

theres only one to vote for miles O'Brien....

Considering he worked his way upto where he was, and a non commisioned officer, plus he had a gr8 sense of humour.

Trip was ok, but allowed his personal feelings effect his job...hardly professional lol.

Miles O'Brien was the most profesional.

He was married, family man, no girls - no distraction.

And yes, in my opinion Geordi was the best. It's not because of his "scientific explanations" that he was the best, but rather the fact that he could always explain the most complex things by giving analogies.

Also, it's not that he was cool because he was blind, but rather he was cool because he could see what others could not (in more ways than one). For this, I refer you to the TNG episode "The Most Toys".

N E Who, Geordi rocks!

Scotty even showed la forge up in the tng episode w/ the dyson sphere.

Scotty didn't show Geordi up in The Dyson's Sphere episode! BTW, the episode was called "Relics." It was a colloboration, a mutual effort, on both their parts. They both had hits and misses on that episode, and I would call it a draw and most definitely NOT a victory for either one.

Scotty was in a transporter buffer for a looooong time' date=' so he was unfamiliar with the new technology and still did pretty good with the new stuff :P[/quote']

Yeah ok, i agree with that, but does that mean that he showed up Geordi when he finally "got one right"? I think not! As I said, it was a tie.

Geordi is cool because he's blind but yet... he can see somewhat and still wants to work... I think that above all else makes him one of the coolest engineers....

Geordi is great. Although, have you ever noticed that he is kind of a jerk? I like his character and I think he is undoubtedly the most ingenious engineer, but he can be a jerk sometimes.

Definitly Torres.

All geordi ever does is reverse the polarity.

'The shields aren't holding!' Geordi: 'try reversing the polarity!'

Etc. etc.

'Geordi, can you fix the toilet?' 'OK I'll fix it by reversing the polarity...'

Need I say more? :p

Definitly Torres.

All geordi ever does is reverse the polarity.

'The shields aren't holding!' Geordi: 'try reversing the polarity!'

Etc. etc.

'Geordi, can you fix the toilet?' 'OK I'll fix it by reversing the polarity...'

Need I say more? :p

LOL! That's hilarious!

• 2 weeks later...

it's o'brien without a doubt

think about it. all of the other engineers never had to leave their own cosy litle engine rooms. never had to mess (much) with tech that did not belong to the federation. the biggest prob they ever had was "shields up/ shields down" der how hard is that. oh yeah and, "this big red button that says "DO NOT TOUCH, THIS BUTTON IS FOR EJECTING THE WARP CORE"

whereas...miles edward o'brien was not only a great starfleet engineer with starfleet engines and transporters and runabouts on no less than four ships, he also has successfully worked on, a cardassian space station (x2), on a vast array of alien ships, because as you know, DS9 offers repairs to alien ships of all classifications and types.

so his competition would have reume's reading something lik:

geordi la forge (that name probably comes with a handbag)

served on the enterprise, erm

ahem and is a nice bloke but cant see very well

B'Ellanna Torres (not spanish)

voyager engine room

maquis mobile jet powered sofa

trip

erm, it was old

scotty (kewl)and canadian it seems

wrote the starfleet manual on engine stuff AND served on the enterprise

so ladies and gentlemen

i present the greatest (drinks lager) the most ingenious (sings drinkin songs) the most versatile (plays cool games in the holosuite) the absolutelytotally nice guy (but dont give him crap cos he'll kick ur ass)

MILES EDWARD O'BRIEN

thank you very much :p

Have to vote Scotty due to the fact that he knew how to "handle" his captain the best by always overstating the timeframe in which he could perform tasks. Also who could get a drunk on Scotch and still run engineering. Only Scotty. Geordi was too much of a goody boy. Although I will give miles his props maverick. Alot of what you said is true. Lager good, tough man good. A close second. Miles was always sober on duty though. Scotty wasn't always and still got it done. GO SCOTTY

im sorry... i had to vote for b'elanna here they were 75,000 light years away from home and she had to keep the ship in one piece and it was on its maden voyage!!! no trips to starbase whatever for supplies or spare parts...hats off to ya girl....besides she is the cutest in the list ppppbbbbrrrrttt!!!!!