Who is the must ingenious STARTREK chief engineer?

percy01

I don't have much of a sense of humor about blindness. And there's nothing mentioned about the picture that has anything to do with Levar Burton and the difficulty of playing the part. Maybe if we had VISOR technology now, I could find it funny. Until then, I think it's in poor taste.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have much of a sense of humor about blindness. And there's nothing mentioned about the picture that has anything to do with Levar Burton and the difficulty of playing the part. Maybe if we had VISOR technology now, I could find it funny. Until then, I think it's in poor taste.

... We would laugh if a black comedian made a joke about white guys. Its ok for an american comedian to rip on france. You take the joke, because, its ment as a joke. I some how think that the author of the pic was ripping on blind people (atleast i hope not), he was making a joke.

...But then again, I like dark/unexpected humour. And if you really wish to stop things like this, don't react....

but, in the end, this post is just because i thought the pic was funny :)

i'll admit that they are all good engineers, and i absolutly love scotty's ways, but i have to go with torres. admit it, she did the most with the least resources. seven years in the delta quadrant with a ship on her maiden flight, and she had to come up with solutions for problems that nobody had even considered.

oh, and to set the record straight, geordi was completely blind, and the visor input data from the infrared range, i think....been a while. but he couldn't see. without his visor, his eyes are milk white. he has occular implants so that he can use the visor, and it was a pain in the butt for him.

i'll admit that they are all good engineers, and i absolutly love scotty's ways, but i have to go with torres. admit it, she did the most with the least resources. seven years in the delta quadrant with a ship on her maiden flight, and she had to come up with solutions for problems that nobody had even considered.

oh, and to set the record straight, geordi was completely blind, and the visor input data from the infrared range, i think....been a while. but he couldn't see. without his visor, his eyes are milk white. he has occular implants so that he can use the visor, and it was a pain in the butt for him.

Geordi was and is fine... even if he was blind as the writers wanted him to be.... doesnt mean he was incapable of doing his job. I like him B) He has guts :)

And yes, in my opinion Geordi was the best. It's not because of his "scientific explanations" that he was the best, but rather the fact that he could always explain the most complex things by giving analogies.

Also, it's not that he was cool because he was blind, but rather he was cool because he could see what others could not (in more ways than one). For this, I refer you to the TNG episode "The Most Toys".

N E Who, Geordi rocks!

And yes, in my opinion Geordi was the best. It's not because of his "scientific explanations" that he was the best, but rather the fact that he could always explain the most complex things by giving analogies.

Also, it's not that he was cool because he was blind, but rather he was cool because he could see what others could not (in more ways than one). For this, I refer you to the TNG episode "The Most Toys".

N E Who, Geordi rocks!

Scotty even showed la forge up in the tng episode w/ the dyson sphere.

• 2 weeks later...
B'Elanna Torres Definitely!!!!

You must be kidding. Do you remember that episode when she called Tom Paris to Engineering and they started kissing there on top of important control panels... That was unprofessional and not very smart.. they could have ejected the core by mistake ;)

but it was interesting and kinda cool (different than usual) to watch them go at it in engineeriing :) :p

yeah, they coulda really been "banging!!!"

In all fairness' date=' he probably couldn't. I admit, I've neglected to watch all the special features, but I doubt I could see if you stuck an opaque visor over my eyes.[/quote']

It was actually a hair thingy from somebody's (pre-) teen girl. They decorated it up a bit, but it really came from some hair care aisle in a cheapo store!

That's in pretty piss poor taste wahaha. I would expect better on this forum.

It's really un-PC!!! :mad:

But it struck me as quite funny! :p

Then again, I'm completely cruising on a bunch of codeine (banged my head with a tailgate yesterday and w/o the drugs it throbs like a MoFo), so my judgment is probably not what it normally is!

theres only one to vote for miles O'Brien....

Considering he worked his way upto where he was, and a non commisioned officer, plus he had a gr8 sense of humour.

Trip was ok, but allowed his personal feelings effect his job...hardly professional lol.

o'brian gets my vote every time. he is totally non theatrical, doesnt steal scenes. just fixes things and tells war stories.

plus, he makes it look easy, and can you imagine him worrying about the warp core bein ejected.

have a lager and dump the bloody thing!....i'll build ya a new one in the morning