Would you nuke Iran's reactors?

katerina

This situation is obviously escalating the big question is how far along the Iranians are in the weapons development stage? My guess is inside of 2 years, I think the CIA is selling us a load of horsecrap with regard to a realistic timetable.

Now about a week ago i was watching "meet the press" im pretty sure it was that program and they interviewed a 2 star General who stated emphatically that Irans had plenty of time to do there homework and a direct strike from a small yield nuclear weapon may not be able to get the job done? So WTF if your not 100% sure of success it makes no sense at all to do it. I wont even begin to discuss where all that radioactive fallouts going to drift= probably Europe would be my best guess depending on the jetstream.

Another thing is Israel, we already saw them launch a preemptive strike against Iraqs nuclear ambitions so why wouldnt they do so in this case? BTW it's been confirmed that the only way to screw up Irans nuclear timetable if that's what there intentions really are is to use small scale nuclear weapons.....NICE isnt it!

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't nuke anybody/anything please. It's bad for the environment. :cyclops:

No, seriously, if it were up to me, all countries would have to destroy their entire nuclear arsenal. It's a desaster waiting to happen. One nation nukes another with nuclear warheads and the world ends, simple as that. You can't use the buggers anyway, so why keep them around, so some terrorsit can steal them and use them anyway? Ban the whole lot! That's my opinion.

Iraq has as much use to that research as we do as long as it is not for weapons research.

They really do need better power sources. So do we all.

Destroying nukes isn't that easy either. You still have the problem of where to store the radioactive materials after disassembly. Then you have to worry about terrorists getting the materials and making dirty bombs with it. We need to find a way to use those materials safely for other purposes.

all that radioactive fallout from turnoble made it to canada' date=' so i guess technically everyones effected[/quote']

Nah, Canadia was always that way. Look at their toll road system. Eh?????

Nuke em all and let Terry Bollea sort em out, brother. What's the point in having them when no one uses them anymore. Put the fear of Dog (bounty hunter) into people. I'm tired of stupid countries playing games with idiotic leaders running them (USA is one of them). They're obviously too stupid to live peacefully, so remove them from existence.

When people discuss the use of nuclear weapons so calmly and casually' date=' it makes me seriously worry about the future of the human race... -_-[/quote']That was my initial reaction also. When i heard the Bush administration talking about it I started comparing Bush to the crazy North Korean leader really isnt that much difference between the two. Another thing i can never figure out is how did we ever crawl in bed with Israel? God what a mistake this was, frankly i dont want anything to do with that country AT ALL. So if they decide to launch a nuclear attack i certainly hope there willing to go it alone, and while there at it they may as well turn the whole middle east into a smoking cinder, because that's what would happen.

heh, im not too surprised about this...I dont watch TV and I rarley read the news papers, so this is the first I've heard of this, but like I said, not too surprising.

I think the Americans should nuke themselves...seems like the best course of action in my opinion. The rest of the world would be completely shocked that Public enemy number 1 has just disapeared. Every one just looking around thinking "well now what", "now who do we hate?" and then the obviouse answere would be...shit we are all a bunch of stupid god fearing rednecks with such a hard on for destruction we couldn't think strait....and then every one would just throw away their weapons and live in peace for a million years......yeah sure....whatever...stupid people

Omg, why would you nuke Iran's reactor. We all know that it doesnt take a nuke to take out a nuclear reactor. it can be done the quick way aka the type Missile to the Reactor or the Decisive Commando strike. That and the nuclear fallout would be horrible. (Fallout is a good game, it shows the truth)

Omg' date=' why would you nuke Iran's reactor. We all know that it doesnt take a nuke to take out a nuclear reactor. it can be done the quick way aka the type Missile to the Reactor or the Decisive Commando strike. That and the nuclear fallout would be horrible. (Fallout is a good game, it shows the truth)[/quote'] Because Irans had years to dig in and there nuclear facilities are in super hardened sites. We do not have any conventional weapons even the super bunker buster bomb wont get the job done. Believe me if it was simply a matter of destroying them with conventional munitions the job would have already been done. That's why tha administration is waffling and that's why the Bush people threw this idea out there so they could guage world reaction. When everyone in the world said what the fuck! then Bush said: I dont know where this leak is coming from but it just isnt true! Where the leak came from was in his cabinet because Bush was pondering the idea over his morning coffee.

This is what Bush does he comes up with these insane ideas and then someone from his cabinet leaks it so they can guage public reaction. Sometimes i wonder if he's still snorting coke.

heh, im not too surprised about this...I dont watch TV and I rarley read the news papers, so this is the first I've heard of this, but like I said, not too surprising.

I think the Americans should nuke themselves...seems like the best course of action in my opinion. The rest of the world would be completely shocked that Public enemy number 1 has just disapeared. Every one just looking around thinking "well now what", "now who do we hate?" and then the obviouse answere would be...#### we are all a bunch of stupid god fearing rednecks with such a hard on for destruction we couldn't think strait....and then every one would just throw away their weapons and live in peace for a million years......yeah sure....whatever...stupid people

Considering your admitted ignorance of current affairs, your statement does not surprise me in the least. Besides, the US nuking itself would produce much more fallout than if it nuked Iran. Now wouldn't that be worse for the environment? Don't you even care about what is best for the environment?

I think the Americans should nuke themselves...seems like the best course of action in my opinion. The rest of the world would be completely shocked that Public enemy number 1 has just disapeared. Every one just looking around thinking "well now what", "now who do we hate?" and then the obviouse answere would be...#### we are all a bunch of stupid god fearing rednecks with such a hard on for destruction we couldn't think strait....and then every one would just throw away their weapons and live in peace for a million years......yeah sure....whatever...stupid people

Considering your admitted ignorance of current affairs, your statement does not surprise me in the least. Besides, the US nuking itself would produce much more fallout than if it nuked Iran. Now wouldn't that be worse for the environment? Don't you even care about what is best for the environment?

Well what happens is alot of people in the World look at us and think we're all crazy like Bush. The fact is the biggest Bush haters in the world reside right here in the USA. So to assume that we're all on the same page is absurd.

The fact is the nuclear bunker buster is very real, initially the problem was penetrating far enough into the ground before the warhead detonated spewing tons of radiation into the atmosphere. So the project was technically scrapped by the senate oversite committee. It was deemed unreasonable and a waste of tax payer dollars. Then what happened is it became a black project and the funding and research continued on so that now we have a final product. When i was watching that interview basically what it looks like is a huge drillbit and literally drills into the ground and at about 100 feet down the warhead ignites. Estimates are that it can penetrate below 500 ft. These are just estimates because it hasnt been tested YET. The keyword is YET

Seeking to avoid a repeat of Israel's 1981 air raid on Osiraq, Saddam Hussein's nuclear reactor, Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has issued orders for the underground complexes to be completed by the beginning of July, Jane's Defence Weekly reported.

It said the network of facilities deep underground or in the sides of mountains has been built with help from North Korean designers.

Atomic inspectors discovered in 2003 that Iran was building a vast underground complex to enrich uranium near the town of Natanz.

Notice how they brought in North Korean engineers, that's because along with the Germans they lead the world in building underground bunkers usually in the sides of mountains, with the same sort of equipment used to build the chunnel, apparently they can dig into the side of a mountain 200 feet a day. Obviously the reason there choosing mountains is because Iran sees a nuclear attack against it's facilities as a very real possibility.

I hate to say it and dont like to be an alarmist, but this year we are probably going to see either Israel or the United States launch a preemptive strike against Irans facilities and i dont see a commando operation working out so the only thing left is nuclear weapons. Bush isnt throwing this information out there for no reason. It's SOP to first guage world reaction then formulate a plan based on that. Obviously the world was shocked so im sure if a nuke is used it will be the lowest megaton ratio needed to get the job done. This should allay some of the fears for the people in Europe, hopefully they coordinate this with the weather so that a rain front can keep the nuclear fallout down to a bare minimum.

Bloody hell - you yanks are a trigger happy lot huh?

Maybe if you and the brits had been less trigger happy when you screwed over Irani democracy and the elected government of Prime Minister Mohammed Mossadegh with "Operation Ajax", installing a dictator in order to protect your precious oil... then Iran would likely still be a democracy.

You see, the Ayatollah Khomeini managed to use all that pent up resentment that flowed on from that to get his Islamic Revolution going.

Moral of the story: stop f##king around with other countries. You just keep on making more of a mess. Take Iraq for example.

And nukes? nobody else in this world keeps on going on like you yanks when it comes to nukes. Put them away for godsakes. And just why is that Pakistan (also not a democracy) can have nukes but not Iran? I mean seriously. Now THATS as two faced and hypocritical as foreign policy gets!

Using nukes in warfare is like carpet bombing a city to stop one guy holding up a convenience store... there is NEVER a good reason to do that.

'Lowest megaton to get the job done?' ANY non-test use of nukes by the US, no matter how small, will immediately make it the enemy of the world.

Bloody hell - you yanks are a trigger happy lot huh?

Maybe if you and the brits had been less trigger happy when you screwed over Irani democracy and the elected government of Prime Minister Mohammed Mossadegh with "Operation Ajax", installing a dictator in order to protect your precious oil... then Iran would likely still be a democracy.

You see, the Ayatollah Khomeini managed to use all that pent up resentment that flowed on from that to get his Islamic Revolution going.

Moral of the story: stop f##king around with other countries. You just keep on making more of a mess. Take Iraq for example.

And nukes? nobody else in this world keeps on going on like you yanks when it comes to nukes. Put them away for godsakes. And just why is that Pakistan (also not a democracy) can have nukes but not Iran? I mean seriously. Now THATS as two faced and hypocritical as foreign policy gets!

Okay, from the Brit perspective, I don't think we can be accused of being trigger happpy. That implies action for its own sake, which is the very opposite of British foreign policy to date.

Edit: Besides, none of this would have happened had the US not been so enthusiastic about dismantling the empire post-WW2. ;)

Using nukes in warfare is like carpet bombing a city to stop one guy holding up a convenience store... there is NEVER a good reason to do that.

'Lowest megaton to get the job done?' ANY non-test use of nukes by the US, no matter how small, will immediately make it the enemy of the world.

Hey dont shoot the messenger!!! Ive watched Bush long enough and i get these "feelings" sometimes, like before we invaded Iraq =I told everyone a solid month ahead of time this was going to happen. Now in this case 3-6 months, im sorry this really looks bad and just REMEMBER i tried to warn everyone. Ive done enough research to know that conventionals arent going to work. Now what may happen is that Bush decides to use STAR WARS......& yes dont kid yourself WE have it or a super microwave type WMD. I think this is a last ditch weapon and Bush likes to hold this one in his sleeve like the Ace of Spades. Trying to compare Musharaf nuclear is like apples and oranges. You see Bush feels like he's the king of the sandbox. I know it's not the answer your looking for but it's the truth!

Another thing i can never figure out is how did we ever crawl in bed with Israel?

Uh, because Jews run a large amount of the USA? No anti-semitism intended.

As to the use of nukes against Iran... I think that if it gets to that point, then the deployment of nuclear weapons and the subsequent radioactive fallout is probably going to be the least of the world's worries.

The ultimate irony of this is that Iran is generally considered to have an anti-American government but a pro-American population... guessing a few nukes would probably simplify that situation.

I'm not sure that the USA have an orbiting Ion Cannon though, Katerina. Pretty sure that's the Global Defence Iniative... and they'd only use it against the Brotherhood.