Was Enterprise any good?

xtremeskiing

Ok, bringing this post back.

What were they thinking when they prodeced this? Were they going on vacation the next day or something. Not to mention, will they just conclude this whole tupol-trip thing. I'd rather see them together, but enough is enough of something so simple. You know the way they broke up, (i didn't know they were together like that) was not going to be the end of it.

As for the actual story line, it just seemed weak, especially after that vulcan arc and xindi season.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No actually this was a downtime episode, with a guest star. This reduced the budget for use in the next 2 story arcs. In addition I think that they thought fans need a break from arcs and have a stand alone episode, which is quite dumn if it's the second semester premeire

Yea, It's kinda like Stargate Atlantis: 1x17 Letters From Pegasus. But you know that there is something big comming. This is just the calm before the storm. However, in enterprise, the idiots they started the storm before the calm! storm being the romulan arc

It's what they call a "bottle show" where they just use existing sets to keep costs low to help pay for other more expensive episodes (as already hinted at) Bottle shows can be good, this one wasn't. I had the entire story figured out at the first appearance of the "anomaly".

And I agree, after the arcs we've seen over the past year and a half this episode doesn't rise to those high standards but it can't be great all the time. I'd still take this episode over 'Civilization', 'The Communicator', or 'Hatchery'. See? Every season has a crappy episode even the Xindi arc.

Yes, Enterprise has new writers, Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens joined the team for the Vulcan arc and it looks like they have some great things on the horizon. I don't see why you're so eager to have the Trip/T'Pol thing resolved. DS9 had threads that ran through the entire run of the series and I think that makes for more interesting television if you ask me. People dealing with the consequences of previous episodes rather than someone hitting a magic reset button and everyone pretending nothing happened previously. I mean, why bother watching if next week everything will be exactly the same?

TNG did a pretty good job of ignoring everything that had happened previously with the exception of the borg - and the borg episodes are some of the highest rated.

I don't want to go off on a rant here but I think they shouldn't abandon the temporal cold war thread. In drama you have to give people a really good reason to watch, it's called "raising the stakes" and it's hard to raise the stakes in Enterprise if you know how it's all going to end. Bring back Daniels I say!

Oh absolutely, just every now and then. Say, once a season at least.

However I think I can understand why they did what they did. They can always go back to the temporal cold war again if they have to but they needed to shelve it because they don't know if there's going to be a 5th season so they needed to clear things up (like why did Vulcans behave so un-vulcan-like). I really like Manny Coto's ideas about this season, he pretty much said: we come back or we don't, I can't worry about that. I'm just going to have some fun and make the episodes I would wanna see. How Ira Steven Behr of him ;)

they could of made the episode abit more interesting if they had made the long range quantium transporter almost work, and the transporter blow-up just as they try to beam the probe back lol.

Still you have to watch the episode just so you know whats happening..............

One thing I found interesting was that this special transporter technology could explain how the Dominion managed to beam Eris from DS9 in 'The Jem'Hadar' and Kira from DS9 to Empok Nor in that episode with Dukat's cult (dumb episode BTW).

I smell Judith & Garfield Reeves-Stevens' hand in that plot point. I love these guys, they're all about continuity and explaining the gaps left unexplained in cannon. (For a clearer example of their influence read Avenger and compare with the vulcan arc. They borrowed characters and plot points from the book.)