Favorite car

wahaha

I can only see one really decent feature “pinch protection†which could be easily implemented' date=' though side impact airbags seem like the smarter option anyway[/quote']

It COULD easily be implemented, yet US carmakers refuse because "it's too expensive for us", "it would add .0000000002 cents to the cost of a vehicle". Give me a facking break... kids have died because of the lack of this feature for power windows in US cars. I despise US cars and the idiots who make them, and their lame safety features / handling. Everyone else implements new tech years before they do. Compared to anything else, a modern US car is a stiff axle horse cart with manure.

As for my Audi, it has side impact AND it has the optional rear side impact airbags for the rear seat passengers, 8 airbags total. What's more, they've had it in their cars since 1998! The A8 adds knee airbags for the driver. What would be interesting is if they had super foam that fills the cabin. Although that would probably ruin the interior if it was a minor crash and suffocate everyone.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fastest street legal car in the world is the Model Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Jeremy Clarkson from the BBC show topgear tested one.

Model Bugatti Veyron 16.4

Engine 7993cc, 16 cylinders in a W

Power 1001bhp @ 6000rpm

Torque 922 lb ft @ 2200rpm

Transmission 7-speed DSG, manual and auto

Fuel 11.7mpg (combined)

CO2 574g/km

Acceleration 0-62mph: 2.5sec

Top speed 253mph 400kph

Price 810,345 pound

And VW / Audi group are the ones who did it!

Try saying the same about gm or ford.. who are so bankrupt and worthless that it would take the fortunes of 10 Bill Gateses, or the hand of GOD to bail them both out. They’d have to strip all the gold cobblestones from the streets of heaven to pay their debts. VW / Audi on the other hand are LOSING profit by making these innovative masterpieces, even after charging $1.5 million for each.

It has two 4.0L W8 engines. I test drove a W8 Passat to 130 after I had been driving my ’02 1.8L Passat for a while. The W8 wasn’t very impressive with only 270HP, but I’m sure if it had 2 turbos, which is half of what the W16 has, it would have taken off.

I posted a link to the TOP GEAR episode a few messages back. The only thing disappointing about that episode is he talks too much and doesn’t show what the car can really do; a few passing shots, but no damn top speed run or taking it into the corners.

I thought there was some company that did conversions for those cars hehe. I forget how much it cost, but they had a dash kit for it and the plastic steering wheel. Not sure if the gauges actually functioned or if it's just to light up and look pretty lol, but my car really DOES light up like a nuclear sub control room at night, for silent running (sleeper).

I had a toy car like that, and it talked, but I destroyed it the computer voice first day I got it by tossing it off a playground jungle set. I also had a general lee toy that got stolen out of the playground in Germany. But now I have a German car, and wouldn't want anything less. I can remember even pointing to BMWs and telling my parents THAT is the kind of car we should have. Just loved those grilles. But alas I found Audi has more features and the BEST interior of anything in the world.

I want a car that ain't a money pit

my son and me just di another 200 pounds worth of damage adjusting the lights

i ought to know better but i just gotta try

don't buy a renault scenic dun matter what it is it's gonna cost at least £200 to put it right

200 for lights? Hell, it costs $190 just for 1 xenon bulb for my Audi. Luckily they last 10,000 hours! And the housings are over $650 each. Leveling motors and all that witchcraft in there. Any German car is going to be a money pit when something breaks, since they're rarer, but drive OH so much better, so it's worth it if you can afford one.

Luckily I have the $99 Bentley CD and a VAG-COM computer hookup to do all my own maintenance. I don't trust anyone with my car and sure as hell don't want some sweaty/greasy crackhead BillyBob behind the wheel of my car at the dealership. I like the satisfaction of knowing the things I buy to put in my car actually GET put in it, instead of having to wait on the other side of a brick wall. I know my car better than they do and for $80/hr less. I can do anything short of a 4 wheel alignment.

1. You need to look more closely

2. You weren't in WW2

3. Your reply has nothing to do with cars

Since my country was attacked by him, I have every right to parody him and destroy whatever dignity is left.

END

However, despite 1 man, and navigation systems that direct your car to invade everyplace, Germans still build the best transportation and have a charming country. I know since we lived in Frankfurt in the '80s. I just wish they could've kept their hands off my hair.

My first car was a 72 Chev Nova I bought for 250 dollars.

I was 15. It lasted until last year.

I now drive a Buick LeSabre (I hate it) and hope to get a better Nova one day....perhaps a 1968 SS Nova.

I'm 20 and live on my own now so saving $ is hard to do.

One day perhaps.

• 4 weeks later...

I currently own a 1998 1.8T Passat still hits 240kph and the 16 speaker system by VW (Kenwood) are quite nice. Im going to drive it until it falls apart and I can afford a Morgan Aero 8.

In my oppinion the Morgan Aero 8 has the most class and the best style of all the cars currently available. I might opt for a Wiesmann, but only if the interior is more spacy than the Morgan's. It's gonna be customized anyway. Ain't driving without my espresso machine ;)

Actually forget the wiesmann, i checked it out again and its exterior form doesnt' even come close to the Morgan Aero 8

Aero8-Solo-1024x768.jpg

Actually the McLaren F1 is still the fastest ever 0-60 in 3.1 "street legal" car that was produced. Top speed is over 240 mph. It's also the most expensive for a new car. BMW V12, with gold foil heat shielding in the engine bay.

http://www.thecarexperience.com/ASS/3/McLaren.htm

McLaren_F1_08980_0027_03_02_16.jpg

Actually wahaha you are wrong(not trying to be rude) but the 1988 Calloway Corvette "Sledgehammer" is faster than the McLaren F1.

Tops out at 255, just above the McLaren, it is the fastest Street Legal car. Give me a little bit, and i'll find a few sources of information for it.

Edit: here are the links

http://www.fast-autos.net/callaway/callawaysh.html

http://www.supercars.net/garages/imprezawrx14/40v2.html

http://www.supercars.net/cars/371.html

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2000/MichaelFeldman.shtml

The bottem one, explains about it vs the F1.

Yes, actually I( forgot: Im aware that for the same money you could buy much faster cars than the Morgan Aero 8, but consider this:

Noone in a hundreds miles radius will have the same car as you and for me there is no classier way to cruise arround.

What do you think about its class and style?

Aero8-Solo-1024x768.jpg