Favorite car

wahaha

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't anyone drive one of them new fangled Asian hybrids? I'd like to know the real gas mileage on those things. The other day I removed the air filter for my twin turbo, and it read 36 MPG on a 55mph 144 mile trip back from the U of M! Normally I can get 31 if I drive 55.

I hate paying for premium gas, but I LOVE my car hehe.

Wacha think of the new honda accord hybrid...fastest production hybrid in the world. Supposedly faster then the gas version...like to get me one of those.

I don't really like the style of the Accord. The only thing I like is the navigation system from it, or the one from the Acura TL.

If I was really hurting I'd go for a prius instead. 48/60 compared to 28/37 for the Accord? You can still get good mileage with any car if you drive 55 instead of 70 or 80, and probably more so with a hybrid. I got 36 the other day! My car has a 250HP twin turbo v6 and the Accord has a 255HP v6. I do more hwy driving anyway, and I heard hybrids aren't that much better in MPG. It only makes a difference in the city.

I heard the manufacturers lose money on them since the batteries are so expensive. I wouldn't want to replace one in 10 yrs. If they could get the electric motors to drive it faster than 10 mph before shutting off, it might make them worth while. As for now I'll just drive slower to save gas instead of downgrade to a 1.5L engine.

I so agree with wahaha,

Lights should be as follows

Front:

Headlights: Halogen white (no xenon at all)

Marker Lights and Turn Signals: Amber

Fog Lights and Highbeams: WHITE or xenon

Rear:

Brakelights, Marker Lights, Brake Lights: Red

Turn Signals: Amber

Backup Lights: White

I hate those jerks that have the white or blue back up lights. If I see white on a one way street of Hwy I slam on my breaks, for those jap car drivers that make their tail lights that light blue or white....its annoying not cool. Actually there is nothing cool about your car. The stickers and paint job don't make it faster, that coffee can attatched to your tail pipe is just out right annoying and saps your HP. I love when someone in a riced out civic tries to race me in my BMW and when I win I get to tell them that it's my daily driver, im about to junk it and I wouldnt even waste my time with them if I was driving my camaro.

I even love it more when they get beat by my camaro and call me a cheater because it is not stock and the 2.8 multiport fi badging is fake...not like their little rice rocket is stock either. Usually I point to the Sick Sleeper (copyright) logo on the top of the windsheild and say....learn to read.

Rotary only burn oil because the apex seal weakens and leaks oil into the rotors when they get cold. The standard 1.5mm apex seal mazda put in actually goes out about 30-40% quicker then the 3mm apex seal I installed in mine. So, if you don't take the time, effort, and expense of revamping the engine, yes, you deal with oil burn. But at its worse it was about 2 quarts a month. What sucks much worse then the way it burns oil, is the way it burns gas. But all well worth it to me to have a unique engine.

Rotary only burn oil because the apex seal weakens and leaks oil into the rotors when they get cold. The standard 1.5mm apex seal mazda put in actually goes out about 30% quicker and lower your horsepower 15% then the 3mm apex seal I installed in mine. So' date=' if you don't take the time, effort, and expense of revamping the engine, yes, you deal with oil burn. But at its worse it was about 2 quarts a month. What sucks much worse then the way it burns oil, is the way it burns gas. But all well worth it to me to have a unique engine.[/quote']

My issue is that with a unique engine, you would have much higher repair costs. There are only a couple places anywhere near where I am that would even look at fixing an issue with a rotary engine. And not a cheep look, either.

You want expensive engine repairs? Try the VW W8 hehe. Only in production 2 yrs. That thing has NO room to spare and needs the engine to be pulled just to replace the O2 sensor. At $80-100 an hour and a 4 hour job, that is one car not worth owning out of warranty.

Next comes the Audi RS6. To be lucky enough to own this car you had to have a dealer specially outfitted with its own on call A4 avant repair vehicle with tools, and mechanic ($100,000 investment for the dealership, $40,000 for the car $60,000 for tools). There were a lot of problems reported with this twin turbo 4.2 V8 engine in the early days of ownership.

I thought of the rotary engine for a while, but found out they lied about how much HP is made early on, then said they would refund money or somehow increase HP. I thought it got better gas mileage though?

i must say i prefer a 4 door 74 nova with a six cylinder engine and a 3 speed tranny..may not look like much but i gurantee that you will win the parking spot fight...especially if it already has a few battle scars on it...one of the truly ultimate urban assult vehicles...besides a cj-5 any model

My issue is that with a unique engine, you would have much higher repair costs. There are only a couple places anywhere near where I am that would even look at fixing an issue with a rotary engine. And not a cheep look, either.

That's only an issue if you don't do your own repair work. If something breaks there is always a replacement better than the origional, and what is the point of doing mods if you don't do it yourself.

That's only an issue if you don't do your own repair work.

I do most of my own repair work on the Audi. I bought the Bentley CD for $55 and a VAG-COM, even though I can find most of the answers on a forum.

I so agree with wahaha,

Lights should be as follows

Front:

Headlights: Halogen white (no xenon at all)

Marker Lights and Turn Signals: Amber

Fog Lights and Highbeams: WHITE or xenon

Don't get me wrong.. I like xenons and prefer them over halogens, when it's not raining. But the xenons on Japanese cars and the ones people install aftermarket are illegal. Those are the ones without leveling motors that blind people. In Europe they actually have a switch to let you manually level your xenons. For fog lights, they should be yellow/orange, and they should be able to be used separately from the headlights. US car makers and the US German car versions are lacking this function, so people find a workaround. Audi also has a rear fog light. I like to use it to keep tailgaters away.. it's pretty bright and annoying.

I've seen cars with green headlights. Those things make me feel sick. Don't do it. Same goes for the people who install 6000K+ xenon bulbs. Purple is for girls, and it produces less light. Stick with 4100K, white. Don't try to imitate xenons, it's not cool. If you want them, buy a $35,000 German car that is properly setup to comply with the law. Of course if you want to install the euro version, that's even better lol. They produce a much better beam pattern than the US version DOT ones.

• 3 weeks later...

Ford and GM have been downgraded to JUNK status hahaha.

And that's more than they deserve, because in my opinion they're worse than junk.

And in my opinion, they'll never get out of debt, and they'll never build worthy vehicles. They always are in competition with each other to see who can build the next car and get it on the street in the fastest time, which leads to horrendous recalls for errors that could kill people.