Whats your internet connection speed

ghostwolf357

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got 2Mb bb at home though dont know how fast it goes yet.

i managed to get the uni computers to workfor me. dl'ing at 1Mbs just for DS9 and ul'ing at 2.5Mbs.

next mission: get a pen drive, stick it in a rear usb at uni. install bit comet and save whtever on the 6Gb local space on uni pc and leave it for the weekend.

switch off the monitor and put an out of order sign up.

They do that coz they are either ignorant boobs or want to limit file sharing.

I've sent a lot of emails to comcrap telling them to increase upload speed, but they won't listen and don't care. I also told them as soon as a competitor enters the market, I'm gone.

Maybe I should be that competitor, but I'm sure it's damn expensive to start your own fiber ISP. And I mean CREATE your own network and use your OWN lines.. not piggyback off the damn cable lines.

Strange the way isp allow for fast downloads but don't want to give you good upload speeds unless you pay for corperate level services from them. :mad:

It is based on the fact that for the vast majority of the history of the internet, users downloaded FAR more data than they uploaded... uploading data was always a job for servers.

And even now, with homemade photos and videos, users still download far more than they would ever want to upload, so it makes sense to give more bandwidth to downloads than to uploads. And they're certainly not going to make the change on account of people who need it for bittorrent... ;)

They do that coz they are either ignorant boobs or want to limit file sharing.

Not really true.

Any type of internet connection is ultimately limited at some number X. (X/users for some types of connection) Your upload speed is X-download speed (with some exceptions and other uses for that bandwidth thrown in.

Therefor, if they increase your upload speed, they decrease your download speed, unless they increase the total speed of your connection (which does cost money). And since, as I said before, users generally download much more than they upload (and they need real-life speeds for streaming audio and video), isps give attention to download speed

• 2 weeks later...