Religion

wahaha

Yes, one can be naturally spiritual without having a certain alignment towards this or that church.

Vystral.. if you believe in God, do you really think that God would have a need to judge anyone?

Anyone seen the modern research about who Jesus really was and who carries his blood line? Very interesting stuff!

There they claim Jesus was a cast out King or similie and that "Graal" could actually be "Gra-al" which appearantly means holy blood line or likewise, now I can't recall everything exactly but I'd advise people to check it out. I think there were some ties with Scionists as well if memory serves me correctly.

I had a boss once when I worked as a salesman and he and his family (owning the company) were truly rabid Christians from different branches, this guy, my boss also worked as a Baptist pastor.I think.

We always had a lot of philosophical discussions, however I disengaged once all his answers on my curious questions ended up with "well, look it says so here in the Bible".

Which can be a typichal answer one recieves these days.

And I have to say that I somewhat do prefer a non-aligned belief reaching for spirituality rather than the corrupt natures of most dominant churches.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dunc, well I completely understand, I've been twice in that situation as you now are in.

As for the thing about souls... now something to tick your minds;

If we do have souls either containing the body or being contained by the body, and souls being our true nature/being that we are,

wouldn't it seem as if we're all really playing the grandest RPG or "video game" possible where everything seems so real that we believe in it? Aren't our physical selves truly nothing but "our character" - I think this is worth exploring, so I'll leave this as open as I've written it, leaving it open for YOUR exploration.

That would be grand, Andreas. But....when we finish the game, how do you know if you won or lost?

And on a personal note, did you cry when it happened to you? I feel like nothing inside, but shock myself when i say "it really happened" I really don't think i know how to deal with loss, i've been pretty lucky so far with that.

"as if we're all really playing the grandest RPG or "video game" possible where everything seems so real that we believe in it? Aren't our physical selves truly nothing but "our character"

Id probably get banned for TK'ing or forgetting to pay my subscription. What about homosexuals, would they be the guys playing with female characters & vice versa ;)

Thats a good thought Andreas though, I like it, gets the imagination going!

Dunc, what you should ask yourself is not what you asked me "how do you know you've won or not", because I used to be stuck in that question for eternities, and it's only life-devouring.

A question which in the end is utterly meaningless and void.

"It doesn't matter" - "it's ok".

Rather make a stance; a choice, from where I am now, where do I choose to stand and choose to go? And be FINE whith whatever you choose. Another option is to leave it be for now and choose "I simply don't know, but it doesn't have to bother me as I yearn for the best" which may develop into something else as you grow, since I can guarantee you that whatever state of beingness you're in now, will not stick on forever, as that is the nature of things.

I'd still advise to check out Neal Donald Walsh and the CWG Foundation as they may be able to at least comfort you in some way, giving their view.

F E A R - False Evidence Appearing Real which is usually the case with a lot of things.

To be at peace, you must be able to let things go and to accept things and be fine with it. Oh.. sounds cliché..

To phrase it another way; Embrace that which is your fear, enemy, hate, etc because not facing and embracing that part of you is to ignore that part of you and doing so will let it live on and on, undealt with.

Dunc, anything you'd like to talk about? I'll assume everyone around would be "here" for you should you need it.

Not my best post perhaps but as I'm still just gone out of bed - and in my undies.. - I'm not fully "charged up" yet.

you WILL go to hell if you don't accept Chirst as your savior.

Can’t I just accept Trent Reznor and John Wesley in place of Jesus, like you?

If it weren't for Christians, I'd be a Christian.-- Mahatma Ghandi

I am a blending of raw science' date=' sorcery, alchemy, Christianity & Norse.......The ultimate Vampire - Warlock.[/quote']

Riddle me this alchemist

If you be salt, I be sulfur

Whos twin virtues then

Reflects our balance as third?

I believe in some sort of higher power but not nesesarily a "god" i do not believe in organised religion because i think it causes too many problems like wars, most of which are caused in some way by religious differences, sorry if i offended anyone.

I said that i was agnostic earlier' date=' i think i would like to change that now. I got a phone call tonight, my father had a heart attack and couldn't pull through. So now i'm praying that he is happy and, well, somewhere, be it another plain of exsitence, or what we call Heaven. I am shocked, so here i am on nites forum, not quite knowing what to do. I just hope there is somewhere for his soul, or whatever it is we have, to go. Sorry if i'm not quite making sense guys, but all of you, i hope you "Live long, and prosper"[/quote']

There is no Wrong way to grieve.

My condolences on your loss.

I believe in some sort of higher power but not nesesarily a "god" i do not believe in organised religion because i think it causes too many problems like wars' date=' most of which are caused in some way by religious differences, sorry if i offended anyone.[/quote']

i agree with youu in one point...religion has been the reason many more people fall away from god than come to him...it says in the bible that he will draw you to him... but people will drive you away from him....but religion is man's way of putting himself on the same level with god..god can forgive you not man....and also as god will judge you not man....religion was one of the things jesus tought us about when he was talking about the pharases and the sadurases-i know i cant spell-..people who presume to know the will of god...just listen to what jesus said...love one another...thats the main rule...or as rodney king said "cant we all just get along?"

Anyone seen the modern research about who Jesus really was and who carries his blood line? Very interesting stuff!

There they claim Jesus was a cast out King

I've listened to a few radio programs on Art Bell about this topic. It was pretty interesting. Some say Jesus was not really poor, and he travelled all over Asia / India looking into the different religions. You can find some of the MP3 of the shows on WinMx.

honestly, you shouldnt fight ar argue about how you see god or what ever you may call it, i mean really can one man actually tell another he's right and you all have to see it his way, or burn in hell?

well christians do it that way, lol.

point, it is what it is, F@#K the belief in god, just be.

2Cents

God bless the Pope, who died Saturday after 26 years of serving the people of the world. He actually tried to bring about Christian unity after centuries of neglect by previous popes. God's love is peace.

honestly, you shouldnt fight ar argue about how you see god or what ever you may call it, i mean really can one man actually tell another he's right and you all have to see it his way, or burn in hell?

well christians do it that way, lol.

Some Christians ...

But simply because they understand their religion differently than I do doesn't make them right. Nor does my interpretation make me right.

By the time we have an uniquivacable answer ... well, it will be too late for any of us, right?

The Sufi Master, Nasrudin, was asked by his disciples "Master, tell us about the end of the world."

"Which one? The Greater End of the World or the Lesser End of the World."

This confused his disciples who had no idea that there was more than a single end. "Tell us of the Lesser End of the World"

"That will be when my wife dies."

"And the Greater End of the World?" they asked, waiting agape for a Great Truth ...

"Ah, that will be when I die."

I doubt any of us will be able to indisputably resolve this until we come to our own "End of the World."

God bless the Pope' date=' who died Saturday after 26 years of serving the people of the world. He actually tried to bring about Christian unity after centuries of neglect by previous popes. God's love is peace. [/quote']

I sobbed to hear of Karol's death - though not a Catholic. He spoke with great power and conviction about many issues of injustice that are harmfully embedded in our basic social constructs. Perhaps someday, we'll make him proud.

And he served the people of the world for well over 26 years. I had heard a radio report that while he was in Istanbul, during WWII, he helped to forge thousands of baptismal certificates, used to help Jewish people escape Hitler's grasp. His life has been about opposing oppressive power. He leaves this world a poorer place.

I said that i was agnostic earlier' date=' i think i would like to change that now. I got a phone call tonight, my father had a heart attack and couldn't pull through. So now i'm praying that he is happy and, well, somewhere, be it another plain of exsitence, or what we call Heaven. I am shocked, so here i am on nites forum, not quite knowing what to do. I just hope there is somewhere for his soul, or whatever it is we have, to go. Sorry if i'm not quite making sense guys, but all of you, i hope you "Live long, and prosper"[/quote']

I'm so sorry for your loss. Several years ago my dad was going in for some routine cardiac testing. They didn't let him leave the hospital and did a quadrupal bypass the next day, when he was scheduled to fly to the Dominican Republic, and then on for a month of teaching in Africa. He did great.

But as I sat at his laptop, sending emails to all his friends and associates I realized that one day I will sit at his computer again, only then it will be with the news that his life has ended.

I wish you light, healing, and comfort during this time of your loss - I can only begin to imagine what you're feeling. I know that someday it is an experience I, too, will have.

(That's one the main reason I'm moving closer to my parents instead of emmigrating to Canada.)

That doesn't fit my knowledge of you, Von. I respect you too much. Warlock comes from the Middle English warloghe, from Old English waerloga, meaning oath-breaker.

No Klingon worth his salt would accept a warlock. Perhaps you meant wizard, witch, or sorcerer?

B)

In Webster's Dictionary, a Warlock is a socerer or male witch. The definition of "Oath Breaker" only applied to INDIVIDUALS, not all Warlocks in general, so the old definition was done away with.

......Years ago. 1800's, I believe. The whole "Oath Breaker" thing was most likely the edict of a pissed off King who ran into more trouble than he bargained for.......

;)

I am a blending of raw science, sorcery, alchemy, Christianity & Norse.......The ultimate Vampire - Warlock.

:D

No way to categorize me......I can't be pigeon-holed.

;)

I'm good with it, especially the inability to categorize you (or anybody else)! But given that "warlock" has its roots in Old English, you've got to look well before the 1800's. I believe the word actually has Sanskrit roots, so the modern usage reflects a change, based on hatred for those who practiced the occult arts.

Etymology of "warlock"

If you're into Norse practice & beliefs, let me recommend the best book I've read, The Well of Remembrance. I'm blocking on the author, but it's a powerful and informative (if not controversial) book. The author is of mixed Scottish-Germanic heritage, and survived WWII in Nazi Germany. Because of Hitler's appropriation of Norse myth and symbolism, he spent most of his life running from his Norse roots. This book is his work of reconnecting, of finding the deeper threads and lost perspectives. Utterly fascinating.