new starship capabilities!

maverick

dont know if it would be practicable, but, how about an interactive ship where the crew could carry out tasks using the power of thought. each crew member could have a neural interface to the ships computer.

You really scare me!!!

:o B)

Most people have fuzzy, undisciplined minds. Yours truly, included. I can just imagine a crewman stalking of the bridge in a huff, thinking "blast this bloody ship to hell, and the Captain with her!!!" One would hope that the computer wouldn't take that literally ...

But actually, it's a cool idea, once you get the linguistic understanding and the AI figured out. I'd like to beta test the system on my car. Would sure make cruise control look obsolete!

its been done before, like in firefox. remember the clint eastwod movie?

im surprised i havent been pulled for suggesting we turn into borg ;)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked other. I think it'd be neat to see a ship with "The Traveller" as a regular crew member in Engineering. In the ep he was introduced, they not only left our galaxy, put passed through several more. How's THAT for going where no one has gone before?

Just on a related side note, There was an ep in season 4, "remember me" where Dr. Crusher gets stuck in a collapsing universe, and the traveller pops in and saves her ass. I don;t remember wether or not the enterprise contacted him, or if he just popped in on his own. Wonder why he didn't pop in on Voyager in 1x02 and save the day, lol

Wanted to vote for all of the above, the way that almost every other race in the galaxies can beat our ships pretty easily is disturbing. In any new show we need a ship that is a BEAST. a real battleship. Something like Shinzons ship in nemesis, how many phasers did that ship have???????

Simon

700 phaser banks & 400 photon torpedo tubes, if I recall correctly........

:stare:

its been done before' date=' like in firefox. remember the clint eastwod movie?[/quote']

Yeah, but you would have to think in Russian! But don't worry, a voice will always pop into your mind at crucial times to remind you that you have to think in Russian. I love Eastwood movies, but Firefox is not exactly a fan favorite. ;)

I'll go through the option listed in the poll. After that I will add my own suggestion.

Time travel: The overused storyline. TOS and DS9 had a few good time travel episodes, but after Enterprise I don't think I ever want to see another time travel episode!

Traditional cloak: A possibility for a Trek that takes place a few decades after Nemesis. All evidence points towards the Romulan Star Empire joining the Federation or being wiped out by the Klingons sometime in the future.

Phased cloak: Ãœbertechnology that probably shouldn't have been introduced. I'm not a big fan of the phased cloak or the episode The Pegasus. :p

Ablative hull armor: It looks silly. What else needs to be said? :p

Higher warp capabilities: Although travelling at speeds of warp 15 and presumably even higher was possible in TOS, TNG 'made' warp 10 or faster theoretically impossible. I suppose anything is possible if you just make it up, but I would like Star Trek to stay on the sci side of fi. ;)

New weapons array: Star Trek weaponry is phasers and photon toerpedoes. You can't change that! :stare:

Fluffy dice: Hell yeah. I also want to see chrome tailpipes and special paint. And bring back the leather seats.

Although I like the humming sound of the matter/antimatter reactor, I would like to see a new power source. More power means stronger shields and phasers that can cut holes in other ships. That would be nice. B)

A 'Me & Her' flash at the top of the viewscreen - with the obligatory green or blue background of course!!

Would go with the fluffy dice!

:p :p :p

good thinkin man. i got a spoiler from a ford capri in the garage, s with some glue and a bit of dreative thinking we could make the enterprise a bit snazzier

This is probabally gonna sound stupid, but what about a crew made up entirely of extremely hot, genetically enhanced women? I remember in a ep. of Voyager where Q made a remark about "Is this a ship o the Valkeries" after the suicidal Q got rid of all the men.

You're damned right that Paramount won't end THAT series after 3 1/2 seasons!

i dunno... i would be happy with ablative armor and a trans-phasic warp drive....some snazzy flames painted on the warp nacelles would be neat too....

like it dude.

how bout some surf logo's too. get the crew to wear hoodies

:p :p