Live IRC chat

clwnkllr

Me and a couple of the very few people who use the chat were thinking it would be nice if more of the members used the chat, I am just trying to find out why very few people use it. Please if you do know about it post why you do not use it. ;D thanks.

Oh and if you do not know about it:

You must have an IRC client (You can get one from www.mirc.com ) Then when you open it type /server irc.rizon.net you should see a lot of words go by real fast then type /join #startrek

hi all

yes i know about it and im always there :D

im 1 of the very few users who use it most if not all of the time, sometimes even there alone, when everyone else has timed out or disconnected.

pleae try and use it everyone, it comes in handy sometimes :)

and help stop me being alll alone :P

You can transfer files that way also?

Yes, you can transfer a file to another user in the chat or they can transfer a file to you but I don't think that is what you were asking, you cannot download files from the niteshdw webpage ( .torrent files ).

I know there is a chat, but I use a program with a LOT more color and features. Sorry, but I'll never use irc. I've got my hands full with other things..

13.gif

See the forum link in my sig.

Java doesn't work that well for me. I always use MIRC.

Firefox has a chat-plugin.

That's all good and well, but you can't use either of those on a webpage. If you know how to use IRC, then you don't need it, but a lot of people don't know how to use IRC, so a web page with a JAVA applet would work better for them.

I use the IRC plugin for Miranda-IM myself.

Yes, a live chat applet is a great idea. I do not know where to get a free one, however. I would be willing to do some coding to create one. Essentially it would involve Socket programming, something I know how to to already. I don't think I could manage by myself though...

Hi NiteShdw

you might want to give this a try, quite easy to setup.

www.pjirc.com or

www.freejavachat.com

Both are good irc clients and both are free. PJirc is the prefered client base.

I know there is a chat, but I use a program with a LOT more color and features. Sorry, but I'll never use irc. I've got my hands full with other things..

13.gif

See the forum link in my sig.

the color hurts my eyes.

just entered for the first time moments ago...

java as said still needs a place to setup rizon is good one of the more bigger and better networks out there. After awhile those on java can learn the very basics to connect with a program instead. it can be a simple as clicking one button. but that comes after new people learn a few things.

So why not me? I'm a bonifed IRCholic heck unless *FORCED OFF* i'm always online esp rizon. the hardest part of being this irc addict is that I have too many network and hcanels to visit... I mean I'm like sititng in 4 other BT irc chats excluding general chatting for favorite subjects(like Dr who).

tips for chat(noticing other BT irc chats). 1)may seem stupid but some people find it easier to an irc command like @ratio then try to find it on the site.

2)more popular site = more in chat... esp for chatting about subect(s). 2 BT sites i have acounts on are elitetorrents and boxtorrents both i sit in the chat. Box torrents of course is good for anime(it wopuld most likely drown this anime section and different trek sections in torrents alone). however people don't really go chat to download all these serries or sets of OVA's. first it starts out with the typical these people like anime so chat... then it grows to a family type thing, "so yea today after school..." to sometimes mroe computer stuff "help whats this xvid thing?" elitetorrents also has people just askign aobut good hardware..

3)user friendly - more and mroe people are findign ways to display sutff in irc. i'm sititng in other chat rooms where someone does a popup for the torrents they are connected to. lke name, server, upload and download, ratio etc... then the typical !rules !list etc to help others... topic havign stuff like "site: online, tracker: online, etc... = online". which can be setup to auto update if something hsppened.

course as said i alrready got a dr who chat, star trek, gamign etc are pretty much any network...