ENT: Scott Backula.

Tolver

I should live so long as to hear the news story that Backula has been run over, several times, by a very large truck, and died a slow painfull death. (I do not have a drivers license).

Scott Backula would need the concept of a wet paper bag described to him before he could try to climb inside one and atempt to act his way out of it.

The only salvation for the Human race is if ALL of Scott Backula's children are gay and therfore will NOT reproduce to carry on the horendiously flawed gene combination that curently crawls on the surface of the Earth in the guise of Scott Backula.

Enterprise was KILLED by Crapula's acting.

Is there an official Anti-Scott-Backula fan site that I can join?

Tolver.

The only salvation for the Human race is if ALL of Scott Backula's children are gay and therfore will NOT reproduce to carry on the horendiously flawed gene combination that curently crawls on the surface of the Earth in the guise of Scott Backula.

Tolver.

If you have a problem with Backula's performance, you can say that in a normal tone without attacking him in this very childish way.

Maybe you should think about your acting first. Your aggressive behavior is a danger to humanity as well B)

If you like Scott Bakula or not, it was not necessary to insult him and his family and it also was not necessary to tell us of your damn opinion in a thead...

I should live so long as to hear the news story that Backula has been run over' date=' several times, by a very large truck, and died a slow painfull death. (I do not have a drivers license). [/quote']

Maybe I should wish you something similar because of your Troll-post.

No no no, no Troll-Bait here, please stop responding with an insinuation of my character being flawed. I was raised on Star Trek, and view society through transperent aluminum. I LOVE Star Trek.

I am atempting to solicit views on the acting ability of Scott Backula and if people feel as I do that he alone is MOST responsible for getting Enterprise killed. And I am quite serious about finding an anti-scott-backula fan site, I dislike him that much.

Paul Rubens would have been a better captian for the Enterprise. He at least has won some awards for his acting ability.

Now that Enterprise is dead, somebody has to take the blame, and I choose to blame Crapula, as do alot of others as well, if they would only speak up.

...So...whats your opinion? Backula or Crapula?

Tolver.

Who the hell is Scott Backula?

I'm going on a Quantin Leap with this one, but I bet Kevin Sorbo, would have been a much better captain of the Enterprise.

Too bad that even tho Hercules is over, he is still in it...

ohhhh, Drommie....,

SlipStream....

Guest c4evap
I should live so long as to hear the news story that Backula has been run over, several times, by a very large truck, and died a slow painfull death. (I do not have a drivers license).

Scott Backula would need the concept of a wet paper bag described to him before he could try to climb inside one and atempt to act his way out of it.

Is there an official Anti-Scott-Backula fan site that I can join?

Tolver.

Wow. You really don't like the guy!!! That's a shame. Hey, when is your series premiring on TV anyway? We'll have to be on the lookout for it.

As for your remark regarding his children...even if they do turn out gay (not that there's anything wrong with that)...they can still have children of their own. It's called artificial insemination/adoption.

c4 B)

As for your remark regarding his children...even if they do turn out gay (not that there's anything wrong with that)...they can still have children of their own. It's called artificial insemination/adoption.

c4 B)

To set this point to rest, I myself am gay, even got hitched to my partner of 19 years here is San Francisco when the weddings were taking place. So please no comments about my opinion of gays. Oh, and I have nothing against breeders in general either.

Tolver.

Guest c4evap

c4 B)

To set this point to rest, I myself am gay, even got hitched to my partner of 19 years here is San Francisco when the weddings were taking place. So please no comments about my opinion of gays. Oh, and I have nothing against breeders in general either.

Tolver.

Then you of all people should know better. I myself am sick and tired of the gay references I've seen posted on these boards. If someone doesn't like something they call it gay. I've seen some inappropriate web-links posted. I've seen other unflattering remarks posted - such as calling non-gays "breeders". It offends me as a human being (first and foremost). You are certainly entitled to your opinion...but if you post you're going to get feedback you may not like.

You could have just as easily asked: What do you think of his acting ability and left it at that (IMHO).

c4 B)

Then you of all people should know better. I myself am sick and tired of the gay references I've seen posted on these boards. If someone doesn't like something they call it gay. I've seen some inappropriate web-links posted. I've seen other unflattering remarks posted - such as calling non-gays "breeders". It offends me as a human being (first and foremost). You are certainly entitled to your opinion...but if you post you're going to get feedback you may not like.

c4 B)

Ok, you got me on this one. I have an issue about Star Trek and gays, and have moved that part of the discussion to another thread;

http://tracker.thompson-web.org/forum/index.php?a=topic&t=2337

Crapula is a bad actor and killed Enterprise. A good actor in the role of archer could have carried the series for a few more seasons.

Shatner, well, his...voice...had...problems, but over all his acting ability set the tone for all future Star Trek series.

Stuart was allread a great actor and carried TNG through that horrible first season untill the other actors got comfortable in their roles.

Brooks is the best black actor around and was the best choice for DS9, and carried most of the episodes with his acting ability alone.

I have no comments on the person who played John Wayne on Voyager, other than a competent job was performed.

A different captian should have been chosen for Enterprise, in my humble opinion.

Tolver.

I'm going on a Quantin Leap with this one, but I bet Kevin Sorbo, would have been a much better captain of the Enterprise.

ohhhh, Drommie....,

SlipStream....

Hmm. I don't really care for him in Andromeda. I think the whole thing got really cheesy. Of course, Enterprise gets there too, at times. Not in this last episode though... That rocked!

Wow this is one fukced thread. I think that I'm just gonna stay out of it.

Oh, just a quick comment though, I though that "gay" ment happy. Tolver, you sir are one angry gay man, it just dosen't work, brother. I dont particularly care for Vin Diesel (I actually really really really hate him, bruce willis, aerosmith, carrot top, j-lo, and a lot of other actors, both inside sci-fi, and in the man stream) but you don;t hear me, or the other members here cryin bloody murder.

Guest c4evap
I have no comments on the person who played John Wayne on Voyager, other than a competent job was performed.

Tolver.

Her name is Kate Mulgrew.

c4 :mad:

Tolver my dear, I think you are just digging yourself a deeper hole here.

you're looking for someone to blame because the show got cancelled, the truth is it wasn't any of the crew's fault it was the writers.

All though there were some excellent episodes the majority were flat IMHO, the writers lost touch with what the audience wanted and tried to salvage the show with huge dollops of continuity from the orginal series - things which although pleased (some) fans were not understood by general public (who outweigh the fans by by several million to one).

The same thing happened in England in the 80's to Doctor Who, which was cancelled as well. It took fifteen years and good quality fresh writing to get it back.

I don't particularly like Scott Backula myself - one way or the other, but his acting was competent enough. One day you'll look back at this post and regret it.

As for your comments calling hetrosexuals 'Breeders' well isn't that just as bigotted as them calling us (even tho as a transsexual I consider myself hetrosexual female) faggots and worse. It's just bigotted no excuses.

And finally your comments on Kate Mulgrew. Well there's a surprise a man who doesn't like a strong charactered female. Let me guess you think that women should be quiet, do the housework and only chat about fashion and make up.

I find just about everything you've said, especially when you tried to defend yourself from criticism, as bigotted and oyu have no idea how saddened I am to say that to someone on this board.

I try to avoid these types of threads, but 'll stay on topic.?.

Backula is Backula. It started a bit rough maybe, but that was actually helpful, the rough edges should have been written in if they weren't intended. As the show progressed, so did he and Archer, and the crew for that matter.

No, I think things worked out the way they should have and mismanagement of public affairs, plus, hey, I never said this, the popularity of Trek in this particular time might not be what we think it is. As fans we are loud, but how many are we now?

I found Bakula to be very convincing, especially in the first 2 seasons. Any nervousness, thats generally associated with an actor 'finding the charecter' he did on screen was perfectelly camoflauged as playing the charecter even better.

Archer was the first Starfleet star ship captian. My god, thats a huge responcibility, not only is he responcible for 70something lives (I think that was the number), but he has to make first contact with countless new and exotic races, give himself on the job training (becuase starfleet academy dosent cover this kind of thing, no examples to learn from), practically write the official policy on what a star ship captian can and cannot to (No prime directive to abide by), and interact with the crew, and be a leader / father figure to everyone. And to top it off, he only has the Vulcan database to go by, so he has no idea what's out there.

Frig, you think starting a new job in the food court at the mall is stressfull? Jeez, Anyone, no matter what kind of training they recieve will probabally be a little shaky the first few months, especially when there is so much at stake, and such colossal responcibilities. I found that the rough edges added more to Archer's charecter then it took away from it.

I can't argue with that... I guess in my response, it was not readily apparent, how far deeply my tongue was buried in my check.

ohhhh, Drommie....,

SlipStream....

Hmm. I don't really care for him in Andromeda. I think the whole thing got really cheesy. Of course, Enterprise gets there too, at times. Not in this last episode though... That rocked!

Guest c4evap
As for your comments calling hetrosexuals 'Breeders' well isn't that just as bigotted as them calling us (even tho as a transsexual I consider myself hetrosexual female) faggots and worse. It's just bigotted no excuses.

And finally your comments on Kate Mulgrew. Well there's a surprise a man who doesn't like a strong charactered female. Let me guess you think that women should be quiet, do the housework and only chat about fashion and make up.

I find just about everything you've said, especially when you tried to defend yourself from criticism, as bigotted and oyu have no idea how saddened I am to say that to someone on this board.

Hon...I couldn't have said it better myself. Very well thought out and delivered. Kudos.

c4 B)