PS3 , Xbox 360 or Revolution: What to do you prefer?

aftnium

My 2c I really dont like consoles in general anymore, just look at what they have done to the quality of PC games available, most games I see out there now are just Xbox ports to PC, and they just bite in terms of playability on a computer.

So for me nah neither I will just do without :p

I forgot about nintendo's revolution but since there stll no pic of the revolution. I'll think I let the topic this way. It's easier to choose the thing that you can see but you can still talk about it.

I'm pretty apathetic to both consoles, I'm pretty sure the type of games that'll appear on these machines will be the ones that have appeared on Ps2 and Xbox, and none of those games I batted an eyelid at. Derivitive, uninspired, lazy snuff.

The Nintendo machine has my hopes up slightly because of the rumours of 3D projection. But it'll probably be as naff as Red/Blue glasses

Guest Mrthumps

I'm going to play the wait and see before I make up my mind.

Its just too early to tell although I don't really like the looks of the Xbox 360. Looks too much like a PS2 for my taste.

Wild horses can't pull me away from the best gaming system ever made: The Personal MFin' Computer! Why is it the best system ever made? becuase I, made it myself, that's why :)

Had doom 3 when it came out for PC (1.5igs of ram, radeon 9800 pro, and an over clocked cpu that would make a grown man weap, all settings just Fing cranked) , then checked out how it looked on X box... my god... the Xbox version look more like doom2 :(

I think it would be neat if consoles were more modular and upgradable. Like, instead of having to buy an all new console, a brave do it yourselfer had the option to upgrade the mainboard, bios, and video adapter.

I don't know. People have never been that interested in upgrades - the MegaCD and 32x did appaulingly, and I don't think games companies want to constantly rewrite and optimise their games for the new upgrades while maintaining support for those who don't want to, or afford the upgrades.

Ok, so I was looking through some of those links, and have a couple things to say. First of all, the... oh shoot, I think it was the ps3 not x-box that had that first group of screen shots... anyway, that one: Looked great on things like cars, but not so much people.

The thing about the ps3 which I haven't seen anyone mention is the Blu-Ray support. Is that the medium that they will use to create the new games, or is that a support for when sony tries to change dvd?

For the Xbox 360... A tripple core system running at 3.2 ghz each? My god... If this is really true, man. 20 GB hdd though. Not much else to say about this one yet.

The Revolution: Looks sleek, but no real specs. Glad Nintendo is finally gonna support DVD, my god they are slow, and for the first time, backwards compatible with their last system... about time. Now as for wireless-only: Not sure how I feel about that. I use wireless for just about everything, so it wouldn't really bother me, but for someone who doesn't have wireless now. Their internet shizzle that is supposed to be like xbox live, I wonder if you have to have wireless internet, or if there is at least an ethernet/ or usb port one the back.

Well, for now, I am going to stick to my computer, but if anyone has the advantage with me right now it is the ps3, though I have seen some impressive specs for the xbox 360, and less specifications for the other 2. Curious.

I think it would be neat if consoles were more modular and upgradable. Like' date=' instead of having to buy an all new console, a brave do it yourselfer had the option to upgrade the mainboard, bios, and video adapter.[/quote']

It's called a PC :p

I'm going to wait for a year or so before I buy any of these. Although the prices seem reasonable in dollars - $300 / £160 (or whatever the exchange is), you can almost guarantee when any are released in Europe the price will increase dramatically, up to about on a 1/1 ratio with the dollar, and there's no way I'd pay £300 for a console, or even £200 (most lightly price).

Import tax will probably cost an arm and a leg too.

I'm jumping the gun here, but it usually happens, especially with DVDs and games.

I wouldnt touch either, I bought call of duty on the PC when it first came out, then i bought a xbox later and the same game. Talk about a huge disappointment, not only do the graphics look alot worse than the pc but playing a FPS game on a console joypad is a nightmare.

alot of people raved about halo 2, a mate showed it me and i almost burst out laughing, he asked why so i showed him Half life 2 and he soon shut up lmao.

I dont see the point in hi end gaming when your using a normal CRT TV, the natural resolution is way lower than most monitors (unless you have a plasma screen). Please correct me if i am wrong!!

Not to mention you have to pay to use the online service unless your using XBC.

If you want the pinicle of gaming experience stick with your PC. Oh yeah time to sell my modded Xbox anyway..only good for project gotham 2 racing.

Here's the Revolution

gqrevo.jpg

media?id=1897381&type=lg

Exactly what is so Revolutionairy about it Nintendo didn't say yesterday, it's supposed to be the way you control the games.

We know for a fact that it will be 3 times more powerful than the Gamecube, which would bring it on Xbox360 level. Not surprisingly both have the same Ati graphics chip, and a IBM processor.

Another thing is that you'll be able to play all Nintendo's console games from NES, SNES, N64 and Gamecube on this device. The Dvd loader reads Dual Layer DVD and the minidvd's from the Gamecube, and the N64, Snes and Nes games can be downloaded and stored on the internal memory of 512MB. (mind that the biggest N64 game is about 32MB and the biggest SNES games are 2-3MB ).

The Revo will cost noticeably less than the PS3 or X360.

And it just looks cooler :cyclops: :p

I think the Revolution will be the perfect console to have NEXT to either a PS3 or Xbox360, who are looking very very alike in both graphics and games department. My preference goes to the Xbox360 as the games are more appealing to me. I like Gotham Racing over Gran Turismo. I like DoA over Tekken. I like Halo over Killzone, and X360 has perfect dark B)