?????Whats Left?????

Ladys and gentlemen I pose the question: Whats Left?

What's left of sci fi, as far as I can see there is no new Star Trek on the Horizon, and with the finish of Episode III there is the finish of Star Wars, and with the Ends of these two, the greatest of sci fi, I ask you are we seeing the beginning of the end of Science fiction as we know it, will Sci Fi be overrun by the world of reality TV and Drama, It is all well and good to watch the same episodes of star trek, or Andromeda, Sliders, or StarGate, but what of the new adventures, what is to come in the future?????????

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, for what you said about star trek, it is indeed sad. But scifi is not coming to an end. I have the names for the next 12 episodes of Stargate SG-1, and the next 8 of Atlantis(tvtome), BSG Season 2 starts up on July 15, and who knows what is going to happen with other things.... Talk of a tv series for Star Wars, and there will always be new shows. Andromeda wasn't the biggest loss, imho.

Plus, if you are into British shows, you have Dr. Who, and probably others, though I am not into that myself.

Stargate: Atlantis, new series. A new series of Stargate: SG-1 is on the way. Not to mention the talk of two Star Wars TV series, which may or may not be any good.

Doctor Who has returned, and has already spawned a massive following of old and new fans. The series has been given a second season with a new Doctor at the helm of that familiar blue box.

There's talk of a Doctor Who movie and there's the Christmas Special on the way.

There are bound to be other Sci-fi series that are going to appear over the next few years. I think rather than an end, we should look upon this as a beginning.

*cue 2001 music and special effects*

Well, for what you said about star trek, it is indeed sad. But scifi is not coming to an end. I have the names for the next 12 episodes of Stargate SG-1, and the next 8 of Atlantis(tvtome), BSG Season 2 starts up on July 15, and who knows what is going to happen with other things.... Talk of a tv series for Star Wars, and there will always be new shows. Andromeda wasn't the biggest loss, imho.

Plus, if you are into Brittish shows, you have Dr. Who, and probably others, though I am not into that myself.

Now there's a pretty synchronous post Weyoun :)

Plus, if you are into Brittish shows, you have Dr. Who, and probably others, though I am not into that myself.

Yup. You caught my post before I could correct a stupid spelling error though. lol.

What's left of sci fi, as far as I can see there is no new Star Trek on the Horizon, and with the finish of Episode III there is the finish of Star Wars, and with the Ends of these two, the greatest of sci fi, I ask you are we seeing the beginning of the end of Science fiction as we know it, will Sci Fi be overrun by the world of reality TV and Drama, It is all well and good to watch the same episodes of star trek, or Andromeda, Sliders, or StarGate, but what of the new adventures, what is to come in the future?????????

Um, you HAVE noticed all the hoopla and posted threads about a certain lil' series called DOCTOR WHO that's actually just been rejuvinated as opposed to killed, haven't you? ;)

Yup. You caught my post before I could correct a stupid spelling error though. lol.

No worries it happens :)

I would really like to see some more thoughtful science fiction usher in the new era. I can't wait, I have to admit, for the new Stargate and Atlantis and I am drooling over the thought of a second Dr. Who season with a far-reaching set of stories, not locked into Earth's timezone and space.

Um, you HAVE noticed all the hoopla and posted threads about a certain lil' series called DOCTOR WHO that's actually just been rejuvinated as opposed to killed, haven't you? ;)

We could even say that it's been...

*begins to run for cover and ducks thrown things*

Regenerated!

*ba-dum-tish*

I Think deep down I'm just depressed about the fact that so many great Sci Fi series have come to an End, you all make good points though, there is alot of other sci fi out there, I geuss I'm just a Star Trek Star Wars and Andromeda Fan personally, But yes I have been watching Doctor Who, I'm haveing trouble getting into BSG not sure why, Never could get into Earth Final Conflict, But Loved The war of the worlds series, and yeah I geuss I could Start watching StarGate SG1, I don't really care for Atlantis Though...............

Saw the new version of Hitchhiker's Guide in the theatre last week. (What they did to Zaphod's heads is just wrong!) I thought the movie was OK, not spectacular, but it had it's some good moments and great effects.

The ending was definitely a set up for a sequel...

Saw the new version of Hitchhiker's Guide in the theatre last week. (What they did to Zaphod's heads is just wrong!) I thought the movie was OK, not spectacular, but it had it's some good moments and great effects.

The ending was definitely a set up for a sequel...

Wrong post for this subject.

look Star Trek fans do you think that they are just going to forget about you . In no time there will be a new Star Trek series . I would venture to say no less than two years and no more than 4 years off. Also when is the ST TNG crew going to pop out a new movie I am sure that has to be in the works as well .

in the mean time I would say that the Sci Fi world is running as strong as ever .there are at least 4 series that are running red hot and expect the Star Wars series to be a complete smash hit .

Another show being brought back is the Night Stalker, this time with Stuart Townsend. I liked the first series, even though I only saw it in syndication.

It should be interesting since it is now being produced by the same guy who did the X files. He already said Night Stalker was an influence for the X Files.

Firefly?? Listened to an interview with some of Enterprise's creators who were talking about a future Trek project. Plus Lucas' Star Wars TV projects.

They'll always be some new sci fi coming because there's a good, solid clientele for it. If there's money, they will come.

Now, whether it's any good or not ...

Moonstalker you are absolutely right, they can pre-package, re-package any of the old sci-fi series they want and re-imagine them if they like.

Dr. Who's regeneration is great, the new series is highly imaginative and as for an alien POV -- the Dr (after Hartnell), isn't human and for me I can't even think of Hartnell's Dr, as being human just because I am so used to the Gallifreyan.

They could bring back Lost in Space if they really wanted, the movie was highly successful.

There are numerous sci-fi ideas still waiting to be explored as shows.

And if worst comes to the worst, I'll write one *WEG*