?????Whats Left?????

...maybe Jim Henson's company could dream up something. There is enough material there to make the shows last for a very long time.

I agree. I thought Farscape's Creature effects were PHENOMENAL! (shoot, is that spelled right?) Farscape had some issues, though I liked the series a lot as it matured. (It helps that I was raised on Muppets. Then again, anyone within 10 years of my age probably was, too)

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imagination is lacking in new shows. Revamping old series as new. It's time to tell these people we want/need something never before seen. Lets have a series based on the alien point of view.

That's what I've been thinking, find a nice race like the xindi and see how they work out.It doen't have to be Trek, just something more alien than my girlfriend first thing in the morning.

Ladys and gentlemen I pose the question: Whats Left?

What's left of sci fi, as far as I can see there is no new Star Trek on the Horizon, and with the finish of Episode III there is the finish of Star Wars, and with the Ends of these two, the greatest of sci fi, I ask you are we seeing the beginning of the end of Science fiction as we know it

I hope it's the end of SF as we know it. After the end of TOS and Lost in Space, there was a dearth of (space faring) SF until Lucas reinvented the genre with Star Wars.

It's time for a new generation to reinvent the genre. Time to break out of the molds. How about a cyberpunk series (Matrix did it for movies) - not really space faring, but still ... and let's see it done in punk cinematography. Cine verite, fast cuts, "irrelevant" background shots (a la NYPD Blue).

What about transcendentalist or pomo SF? How about multiple perspectives w/o ever being told which view is "real."

It's time to move on - to go where no person has gone before. The TV watching audience isn't ready for it yet. Too many Boomers and Xers have the buying power. But with a looming energy crisis, the Bush sell-off of America (and other leaders of their countries to international korporations) people are going to get hungry for some fantasy.

Some will be dark, taking the darkness of the present (or the near future) and projecting it (can you say Dark Angel in Space?). Others will be optimistic. Somebody will revive Trek. Count on it. My grandchildren will love watching it live on TV. Probably not - they'll grab episodes off the successor to torrents, which will be THE mainstream distribution method.

SF has been, and will continue to be a phoenix. It will rise from the ashes yet again! If I'm wrong - if by 2025 this hasn't happened, look me up and I'll give you a sawbuck. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

with star trek coming to an end I'm glad that a new dr who and battlestar hves come out, stargate atlantis to a smaller extent and I am really anxious about the possiblity of some foundation movies, wish they would make a tv series out of it.

maybe it's time to make some of it come true.....TO THE STARS!!! :cyclops: