What would be the best new idea for new Star Trek Series?

daffydk

I wouldn't be surprised at all to know that Paramount was taking ideas from a thread just like this. Some great ideas and good discussion here. Thank you it was a good read.

I would love to see a series based on the Orion, operating outside the federation, without any prime directive problems... Got to have a Hans Solo type lead..... Imagine the close-ups on an Orion Blockaid runner!!!

nice idea,, the orion syndicate was floating around DS9 for a while, but gettin too far fromthe original idea makes it just another sci-fi story

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'ld like to see some of the "normal" human's stories, it's been shown plenty of times they're not all plaster saints

Maybe some type of Firefly ship, rusty old bucket of bolts, engaged in dubious trading on the edge of the law, mixed crew, think Millenium Falcon, ferengis on board maybe, ex-marqui?, constantly getting on the wrong side of EVERYONES laws

Hell bring back Quark! best character of the lot, easily one of the most complex and entertaining characters

What about a new series based upon NOW tech - ie. social realism - the solar system is our home, mars, venus, the diffrnet moons etc - keep it local - ie. before even Enterprise...

A collective world has banded together - all problems solved - Bill Gates and GW Bush are kicked out of power and people run the world - we establish systems in our own locale - we drive human stories including space combat etc etc in our local domain.

The next Star Trek should be back to our science - - Solar Trek!

What about a new series based upon NOW tech - ie. social realism - the solar system is our home, mars, venus, the diffrnet moons etc - keep it local - ie. before even Enterprise...

A collective world has banded together - all problems solved - Bill Gates and GW Bush are kicked out of power and people run the world - we establish systems in our own locale - we drive human stories including space combat etc etc in our local domain.

The next Star Trek should be back to our science - - Solar Trek!

i'm taking it this is a parralel universe story? because I can't fit it into the existing mythos

McCant... Parallel universe - no - with the state of the world revolution what we are talking about is now - Use the existing science and 'Science Perspectivism' to produce a reality style show.. ISS - moon colonisation - Mars Or Bust - etc... The entire basis of the Star Trek series is redirecated on social [soviet] society. BTW how else can we master our resources to travel faster than light - pls read the 'Physics of Star Trek' . So why not make a contemporary story of the 'Solar Trek' - the prequel to end all prequels...? We can have a renegade NASA capitalist gangster pirate organidsation operating out of one area whilst we have our hereos developing space exploration - Ah - at lat a home for GW Bush - Pluto!

Either that or we go back to Ronnie KKK Raegun and the 'Star Wars Project!

Long Live Soviet Sci-Fi - George Clooney is a Looney!

yeah but I seem to remember the warp drive was developed in a devestated post apocolyptic world and prior to that I cant see much scope, unless you went into the whole eugenics wars bit, which might be interesting as a miniseries

we could have soviet style collectives toiling under an enhanced commisar?

yeah but I seem to remember the warp drive was developed in a devestated post apocolyptic world and prior to that I cant see much scope, unless you went into the whole eugenics wars bit, which might be interesting as a miniseries

we could have soviet style collectives toiling under an enhanced commisar?

Yeah! We could do the whole animal farm bit with Stalinists ruling the people... Then under their distorted system actually developing warp science then the eastern and western blocks fighting (as told in the movie) then we have the entire solar system development on moon, mars, satellites etc etc - piracy... the whole damn 1 million yards...

Lets base any future series around the 'near future' - social perspectivism - social realism. Thats what I loved about Enterprise - it brought everything nearer to now...

Lurve yr ideads Lt McCant...

I havent read through the various posts etc but heres an idea .

do a post TNG that involves the federation rebuilding after a devestating war one that they lost or nearly lost that has set them back in exploration

perhaps even a war that they are losing where the ship is sent to an unexplored area to find technology or allies that could turn the tide of the war

just a thought like I said if some one else has already posted this my apologies as I hadnt yet read through the other posts

i think they must continue enterprise... there is a lot what needs to be explored...

but if there is going to be a new serie

then it must be after tng and voyager, something like the dominion war only then with the borg or some other species...

i really wish ST:E to resume. but if UPN really dont have the hearts for it... what else can we do. do u really think the show was cancelled bcoz of very few viewers? what a lost. from the time of archer they could actually device so many stories of how ST:TOS came to be. since ST:E was set 100yrs before kirk, there is just so much to tell wouldnt it? ST:E is a good show. pity it is coming to an end. and if the spoilers are true, the ending is a sure crap. but we'll see.

as of the new serie, i dont think it shld be abt Enterprise anymore. too much of it. i support a different crew, ship and timeline idea. perhaps something beyond ST:V. something abt the rebirth of the BORG. What's in the beta quadrant anyway? well, is there any?

personally, i like ST:V the most. its 'trying to get home' concept was very much appealing to me. ST:ds9 was a good one. esp from season 3 onwards. ST:TNG? dont really like it though. but i watch it anyway. ST:TOS... well, any kid would love space stories back then.

i dunno why, but of all gene's work i only like star trek. andromeda sucks! i tried to love it but i just cant. its too hercules!!! earth final conflict wasnt much success i take it.

as long as the new series sticks to trek concept, and storyline i guess i'll probably love it. the story is good, scripts are very well prepared, sets are futuristic. maybe the new ST shld look like BATTLE STAR GALACTICA. it looks more real and less studio ambiance. GO TREK!

I want to see the three nacell Enterprise in action. Was it Enterprise F?

Actually it was the Enterprise D (Yes even though it crash landed, and wa destroyed. Remember that none of the events in the final episode actually happened) In the last TNG episode "All Good Things.." Admiral Riker stated to the elderly Picard "Thats one of the perks of being an Admiral, you get to choose you own ship". Granted it was buffed up but it was Enterprise D.

I don't know about anyone else but i would love to see Peter David's new frontier books brought to life on the screen, there would be a couple of familar characters from TNG- Shelby & Selar, plus it would be sort of like having TNG back again as it is set in the same time period. :D