Japan unveils Robot Suit

Fenriswolf

Almost everything unique in technology comes from japan, they are the only ones with imagination i guess?? everywhere else its all just improving stuff that exists mainly and not something you would see in some anime or wacky sci-fi movie, oh except for all the neural interface stuff thats going on, and those britsh dudes that are suppost to get rid of aging in humans like 30 years from now, 10 years for all you lucky mice out there.

that is cool, I'm surprised they haven't had something like this sooner. But hey the future is now. In 2o or so years I can't even imagine what kinds of new technological advances will have been made. I know that companies are doing heavy research into and have prototypes of artificially intelligent robots. They are only able to limitedly mimic back and somewhat learn responses from their controller , but hey robots are robots. I want one of those robot teddy bear things from that movie A.I. that would be cool.

Talking about the future always makes me think of one thing in particular. When I was younger i was intent on the future never realizing that it was happening at that very moment. I remember a movie about the future came out and it was all colorful, tripped out but the one thing was that there was a talk show host who had this crazy hair with a white streak down the middle and back in the day that I guess is what symbolized the future talk show host people with weird hair, so anyway watch the tonight show and see how wild Jay Leno's hair is.that stuff would never had flown back in jonny carson's day but thats exactly how they painted the future awhile back.....I'm not all that old either ...28...so I don't mean to sound as if I remember when they invented the wheel or anything.

It's not that the Japanese are the only ones that have imagination... it's just that it's the only country with corporations willing to fund imaginitive ideas these days... -_-'

Edit: Most other corporations are suffering from 'Roman Empiritis' (i.e. work for self gain, play it very conservative by sticking to and encouraging the status quo, adopt new things developed by others but don't create them ourselves... that sort of thing.)

well chances are the military has already sent some gentlemen in black suits to round up this new tech...............

"Excuse me sir could you look at this little red eye please...............FLASH................ (and finish with some lame explenation of what just happened)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Militery aplication is unavoidable, that is the main censorn of sintists, since most of them (not all) don't want the military to use their inventions for destruction they simply don't invent.

if you look at the last 50 years their wasn't a segnificant brake trought in any field.

the internet was invented by the military in the 50's so were computers the airplane, space shuttle all were on the drowing bords some 40 50 years ago. the main advansment was in compartmetelising, makeing things smaller. and smaller.

but new things were not invented.

mabey this sute is a step in the right direction!

bleh..

If you're talking about this.. robot-suit.jpg

then I'm not impressed. I thought it was an actual armor SUIT, not legs.

I HAVE an idea for a SUIT, that can be used for going to war, but I won't tell anyone since the military is too stupid to design one for themselves.

I mean they're still in the middle ages of fighting a war. We're sending people off wearing nothing but CLOTH for protection. What the hell is wrong with this picture??

It's 2005 already, get a clue military! That's why I'd never join.

They did a premier of the Soldier of the Future tech in the game: Ghost Recon 2 and there's bound to be even more tech/footage in Ghost Recon 3. It fascinates me from a design standpoint and the point of view of a writer as well, the more and more technology advances the more ideas that were thought of as science fiction become science fact.