Favorite U.S.S. Enterprise

Looney247

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Voted NCC1701-A, I dont know why people thought NX-01 was the best as it always looked daft to me and really didnt last that long in the show...it always made me think "nawww that aint the enterprise i know!"

NCC1701-A look sleek, and certainly took a right battering on a couple occasions i.e Wraith Of Khan and Search for spock.  When I was a kid I had a model NCC1701-A (trouble was the saucer section made the model front heavy and the cat decided to knock it over grrrrh).

• 1 month later...

I know this thread is ooooooold, but I had to throw in my opinion. I love the Enterprise E. I believe its a good representation of the old, combined with everything new. The engine placement gave it the old school look, but its so sleek in its design its beautiful. I also can't help but love the Captain's yacht.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My choice for favorite enterprise has not changed. It remains the famous movie enterprise shown from STI-VI. For me though the best ship interior for the movie enterprise was the one shown from STI-IV. Granted the one in STIV was the 1701-A I think it was still quite a ship, very sleek, futuristic lines and oh so beautiful. If only they had kept that good interior set for STV-VI as well that would have been awesome. However it would have been quite odd having the same interior sets for six consecutive movies.

'The human adventure is just beginning'

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Sovereign Class Enterprise was too cutesy future. I wish people in the 24th century were all as tired of tapping backlit panels as Tom Paris was when he built the Delta Flyer.

The Galaxy Class Enterprise looks really good from a lot of angles, but has too many awkward spots. Plus the UFO-shaped captain's yacht that never got seen.

The Ambassador Enterprise is just goofy.

The Excelsior Class Enterprise is where it's at. Panels AND switches! Hoorah! The Excelsior Class had just enough perseverance of style to look as good now as it did in 1984 when we first saw it. It doesn't suffer from 60s and 70s design ideals. The classic Enterprise has its charm; but let's be honest. It's time for that sucker to get shown the door.

I Voted Enterprise B

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

For some reason I find it hard to believe that Earth could go through a horrific 3rd world war where so many people and advanced countries (governments, infrastructure, etc) die, recover and advance well beyond pre WW3 levels, and build a big interstellar warpship full of weapons and a crew of 83 by 2151. The NX-01 was such an incredible achievement for Earth. It was a complete starship. I wonder how long it took to build it. I even wonder when they started to build it. They must have had a development timeline where they tried out some things and tried some other things to perfect the technology. A big question to ask would have been if the warp 5 engine wasn't a concern and flight closer to home was acceptable to Earth governments, how long before 2151 did Earth have the technology to build a starship like Enterprise?

I see star trek just as an artist's expression of the future, besides that it's a soap opera. Gene Roddenberry, thought of star trek in the mid sixties, twenty or so years after WWII, tensions with the Russians were at a high point. He saw that we needed some time of major change to get the world together and for them to realize how insignificant we all are, hence WWIII.  NASA has plans for lunar bases by 2012, mars just a few years after that. It takes six months to travel to mars during optimal conditions. Too long for normal travel, normal travel to me meaning a few hours from one major metropolitan city to another, necessity is the mother of invention, so I don't see why the human population wouldn't invent another means of propulsion by 2150. To go from planet to planet in a few hours doesn't seem hard to me at all. We already have the theorys, we just need the hardware, thats why I don't see the NX-01 too far fetched.

I see your point. There are times I wonder if we already have this starship building technology. If going to the moon is far enough, could we build an NX-01 like ship just go to the moon and back? It would make a great way of starting a lunar base. This is just a hypothetical question.

I see your point. There are times I wonder if we already have this starship building technology. If going to the moon is far enough, could we build an NX-01 like ship just go to the moon and back? It would make a great way of starting a lunar base. This is just a hypothetical question.

I would just see that as a bit of overkill. All we need to set up a lunar colony is a transport of some sort. 10-15 people per transport, small ships that can be re-used is the way to go, it's greener, less expensive, and just easier to use.

It would be like an armada of speed boats vs one supertanker.

The speed boats can go more places; faster, cheapier, and easier.

The supertanker has a single destination to unload it's cargo, it goes to drop off it's cargo and goes to where it needs to go to get more cargo, it's slow, laborous.

Also, if it breaks down, has a major malfunction or something like that it would take even more time for repairs.

Smaller ships to me, just make sense.