Ur desktop - sooooo

Engineer101

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4MB ATi?? Even my PII 350 came with an 8MB matrox G200. But now I'm running it on 512MB ram and a 64MB ATi radeon 9000.

You can run microsoft age of empires series, but not age of mythology i think.. needs a higher video card than what you have.

Well, two advices that might help:

- Use a recent version of Litestep (I've got 0.24.7 RC1)

- Only use themes that are marked as OT2 compatible.

If you do so, all neccessary dll's are automatically downloaded which eliminates most errors in advance.

Anyway, there are a lot of crappy themes out there that are quite unstable. My experience is: 50% produce errors on install, 80% of them don't work afterwards.

Don't get me wrong: If it's up and running, Litestep is a pearl and the themes are pretty easy to modify. After 2 years i can't live without it ;)

Does anyone know of any Litestep themes that don't fail at life? Whenever I find a cool theme it seems to screw u. :(

My problem with Litestep is how freaking hard it is to design a desktop. I remember spending hows making my own basic theme. I really hated that you couldn't add anything to the desktop or shortcut menus without editing INI files. It takes 10 minutes just to add a new program to the desktop, and forget about moving your icons around!

I really like the idea of having my own custom shell, but until they make one that is drag n' drop enabled, and can be customized with a mouse, I don't think I'll change. I have seen some that are okay (Talisman Desktop), but they still are really buggy (and Shareware).

I did just find a cool program called NLauncher that is drag and drop enabled, so you can just drop shortcuts into folders. I'll post a screenshot.