Two new sci fi movies, Which one do you think is gunna be better?????

Yammichi

I just found out that a live action movie of Transformers is in place for 2007 and I just found out that DOOM the movie is comeing out in October..........Which one do you guys think is gunna be better, DOOM, or Transformers (I'm edging towards Transformers.....................

I'm going with Serenity :P

and i would say that both those movies are more science-fantasy, then science fiction.

i'm also quite curious to see a live action adaptation of transformers. They better not touch the theme!!!!!!!!

I watched the trailer for Serenity, but it didn't do anything for me. It looks kind of boring and formulaic. But maybe it'll turn out better than the trailer looks.

As for Transformers, is it a Japanese movie or an American remake? Cuz if it is the latter, I hope they don't do to it what they did to Godzilla.

I watched the trailer for Serenity, but it didn't do anything for me. It looks kind of boring and formulaic. But maybe it'll turn out better than the trailer looks.

As for Transformers, is it a Japanese movie or an American remake? Cuz if it is the latter, I hope they don't do to it what they did to Godzilla.

its american i beleive. Also have you watched the firefly series??? cause you if you haven't the trailer is just crap, its going to be a great movie, and you just need the glasses of seeing the series to see through the garbage in the trailer.

The Transformers film has Steven Spielberg sitting in as executive producer and Michael Bay in the director's chair. That worries me a little, but also gives me hope. Bay's previous films include Bad Boys, The Rock, Armageddon, and Pearl Harbour. He pumps out Hollywood summer popcorn blockbusters, a style which I actually could see working for Transformers if it's done right. Hopefully Spielberg will keep Bay on track with this one...

• 5 weeks later...

They are making a DOOM movie? That would be interesting and well worth the wait if implemented correctly. Was DOOM3 good? I'm sure that if they make a movie on DOOM it would be based on DOOM3. What is the story behind DOOM anyway?

Have you actually seen the trailer for DOOM? If you had, you'd have voted for Transformers without consideration...BTW, check out the new D&D movie that came out a couple days ago. It's not Oscar quality, but puts that first movie travesty to shame B)

So... it's a choice between a movie based on a first person shooter, or one based on a kid's cartoon? Tough call...

I'll go for DOOM... I was never a big fan of Transformers in any incarnation. Don't get me wrong, though... I'm not really a fan of games-turned-movies, either.

Guest c4evap

Don't care for DOOM or the Transformers (sorry guys)...so I'm voting for the next Mary Kate & Ashley movie.

c4 :p ~with tongue planted firmly in cheek...

• 2 weeks later...
Don't care for DOOM or the Transformers (sorry guys)...so I'm voting for the next Mary Kate & Ashley movie.

c4 :p ~with tongue planted firmly in cheek...

Ditto (except for Mary Kate & Ashley)

Is there any decent Sci - fi coming out soon?