you are the weakest link....good bye

Ulysses

is it me or does the character starbuck seem.....yawwwwwwwwwn

I still cant seem to take to her in this, I am not sure if its just her script or the actual actress....oh well never mind

personally i enjoy the charachter of starbuck

I don't like Starbuck all that much either. She's very one dimensional. In a show with such depth to it a generic gung-ho, cigar smoking pilot seems out of place. She doesn't even have the same friction with the command that she had at the start now that everyone is mutinying all over the place.

Making her a woman doesn't mean that the character has really changed much from the shallow 70's cape-wearing days.

• 2 weeks later...

Hrm, now that you mention it.... From the get go, I really liked Dr. Balter, and The Chief. So far This Season... I became fond of Col. Tigh becuase he's exactelly the same (bald, drunk, powertripping, jack ass) as "Jim Layhe" from Trailer park boys (another one of my fav shows)

But Starbuck was always ho hum to me too now that I think about it. Shes an attractive woman, good actor, but theres something mising. She has a lot of likable qualities, but I feel totally nutral about her.

Just the little things that make you do a double take, like her appartment, all her fracked up art work, SURE didn't seem to suit her charcter at all. As someone else mentioned about her humvee that was fully armed and loaded. That was just way too convinant.

I don't know if it's so much the Character of Starbuck I don't like, or just how POORLY it's acted. I really think that actress is pretty bad, especially compared to some of the more veteran (older) actors on the show.

I'm happy that she jumped to Caprica because now Starbuck isn't a big part of the show like she was in the first season.

I tend to agree with the folks who think the actress is a bit hollow. Maybe she's doing it the way they want her to, that means the director sucks, right?

Really, she should do more than smoke a cigar and act anti-social toward eligble men.

I've made a few comments the past week or two about Starbuck in other BSG threads.

To me, "she" is the only character I do not like on the new BSG. Maybe I'm stuck in the old show tho, dunno for certain, but I think that is one role I would have preferred to have seen stick to being a male.

actually the orginal Starbuck worked well, but that could of been down to Dirk Benidict's acting and him being suited to the character. I think that the new starbuck has been mis-casted, i am sure that the actress would probably be alot better in another role but as starbuck it dont work well.

It's been unfortunate that until 'The Farm' there has hardly been any Starbuck screen time. She is an excellent character (S1 proves that) that really does add a great deal to the whole show.

I think of all the characters brought over from TOS, Starbuck has retained the most qualites from the original. Obviously the gender change has allowed the character to develop in a different way, but the core of the character is still the same.

• 2 weeks later...

The character that is Starbuck seems to be unrealistically unruly, Yes, in the real world type A aggressive personalities make the best pilots, for the longest .. however, they still have a fierce sense of responsibility, duty, and professionalism, other wise the Air force, Marines, Navy, and of course Army wouldn’t let them fly. I would think that, with even fewer resources available, Battlestar Galactica’s command staff would be even less tolerant of “screw-ups†but that’s just me. As for the character? I like her .. okay, but a lot of her dialog seems cheesy, and almost forced.

• 2 weeks later...