Flintstones Car Needed

str82u

Is it cheaper than electricity? Get rid of amtrak!!! What we need is a MAGLEV rail system in the USA. Run it through a vacuum tunnel and get speeds of 3,000 mph! Even out on the open air those damn things can get to over 300 mph.

Stop testing and start using!! They already have one in Shanghai.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It hit about $2.85/per gal in Ohio about a week ago. Gas is usually cheap in Ohio.

A field of corn can be converted into enough methanol to run a car for about a year. Or you could just stay at home and get plasterd every night.

I'm surronded by cornfields :)

At the moment it's very popular here with owners of dieselcars to use sunflower oil instead of diesel. Seems to work just as well. However, it's not legal, so they're being hunted down by customs. But a lot of people take that risk because sunflower oil is so cheap.

Doesn't work for normal gas-engines however... :( I'm really jealous of the prices in the US.

Guest c4evap
The only cheap gas today comes from franks and beans... :p

..wonder if I could get that into my gas tank somehow...hummmm....

c4 ;)

Methane engine. Wouldn't the pipe hurt though.

OUCH! Thanks....didn't consider that...

Rethink time...

c4 :p

So if I went out and bought one of the old Deisel Volvos or Mecedes I could run the thing on sunflower oil...?

That might be worth it, they aren't looking for that here. I have never even heard of that being possible, I had no idea that a cooking oil like that was combustable.

At the moment it's very popular here with owners of dieselcars to use sunflower oil instead of diesel. Seems to work just as well. However, it's not legal, so they're being hunted down by customs. But a lot of people take that risk because sunflower oil is so cheap.

Doesn't work for normal gas-engines however... :( I'm really jealous of the prices in the US.

You can Run on this without the customs chasing you.

But only if you declare how much you use, This is done by filling out a form every month.

They then charge you £0.20per litre.

Who in there right mind is going to fill out this form!!! B)

Anyone remember that one Lone Gunmen when the boys are investigating the water powered car? They actually found it, and took it for a spin. I suggest that we all investigate abandoned Nuke silos in the midwest, as thats where they found it.

// I don't have to live in reality ALL the time //

just watching a news report on cnn about fuel prices in the US. saying that the fuel companies are making record profits at the moment. I reckon they are taking the opportunity to raise prices higher than they need to be and letting people think it is due to problems overseas.

That's dispicable.

You think that sucks, prices jumped 21 cents in 12 hours!! This is bullshat. Prices NEVER used to go that high just before the weekend. At MOST it used to be 5-9 cents.

If I had the new twin turbo 2.7 diesel Audi instead of the twin turbo gas, I'd be using Kerosene to power it since it's cheaper, who cares if it kills the fuel pump sooner.

1050808.001.Mini10L.jpg

1.13 here in New Brunswick canada per litre. 1.17/litre in NFLD. And on that note, i recieved an interesting email from a friend today.

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF GASOLINE FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME,

THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OF OVER 46 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES. THEREFORE SEPTEMBER 1st HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THESE TWO NATIONS SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF GASOLINE

THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY

PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT. WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO

HAPPEN.BASICALLY, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT

THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWOWEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF GASOLINE GOING UP BUT AT THE

SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES, TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE

FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH EFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED.

THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING MATERIALS, MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO

PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE. IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE

WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN.

SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU

KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE SEPTEMBER 1ST A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH"!

I think everyone could go without filling thier tanks for one day.

Here in Poland for 1 liter:

Pb 95 == 4.33 PLN

Pb 98 == 4.48 PLN

Diesel == 3.91 PLN

LPG == 1.85 PLN

1 liter = 0.27 gallons

1 gallon = 3.75 liters

1 PLN = 0.303 USD

1 USD = 3.295 PLN

So after some calculations prices in USD:

for 1 gallon for 1 liter

Pb 95 4.91 1.31

Pb 98 5.10 1.36

Diesel 4.46 1.19

LPG 2.10 0.56

LPG = Liquified Petroleum Gases

As you can see gasoline is expensive here. I run on LPG because it's cheaper. You can convert your regular car that runs on gasoline to LPG for about 500 USD. Then you can run both on gasoline and LPG. The difference is that your car uses about 10% more of LPG, but it is more ecological.