Rate The Avatar Above You (Part 2)

Engineer101

Yup... that animated avatar is great. 9/10.

(for the record... it's a pot-bellied, slightly tipsy seahorse that's had one too many at the pub. It's also a bad guy from an old SNES game called 'Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals'. Possibly subconscious support for drinking on the part of the monster designer? ;))

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup... that animated avatar is great. 9/10.

(for the record... it's a pot-bellied, slightly tipsy seahorse that's had one too many at the pub. It's also a bad guy from an old SNES game called 'Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals'. Possibly subconscious support for drinking on the part of the monster designer? ;))

Holy S***! That sure was a trip down Nostolgia Lane! 10/10 just for bringing back fond memories!

Can i have my avatar back? I dont see how it was R rated when it didnt show any nudity. This really isnt fair, im not going to make a huge "thing" about it but jesus one would assume that an individual fighting censorship and bogus "anti piracy" laws would understand and respect the right to an individuals freedom of expression.

Guest Mrthumps
Can i have my avatar back? I dont see how it was R rated when it didnt show any nudity. This really isnt fair' date=' im not going to make a huge "thing" about it but jesus one would assume that an individual fighting censorship and bogus "anti piracy" laws would understand and respect the right to an individuals freedom of expression.[/quote']

Given that this is suppose to be a family friend site and your recent faye Avatars are closer to the risque side I think that's the reason why. I'm sure you can easily find a non-suggestive faye avatar to use in these parts.

Also, Shouldn't you have PMed this sort of concern to the Mods/Admin instead of making an attention grabbing(espeically with your nice unproven claims) post?

Can i have my avatar back? I dont see how it was R rated when it didnt show any nudity. This really isnt fair' date=' im not going to make a huge "thing" about it but jesus one would assume that an individual fighting censorship and bogus "anti piracy" laws would understand and respect the right to an individuals freedom of expression.[/quote']

Given that this is suppose to be a family friend site and your recent faye Avatars are closer to the risque side I think that's the reason why. I'm sure you can easily find a non-suggestive faye avatar to use in these parts.

Also, Shouldn't you have PMed this sort of concern to the Mods/Admin instead of making an attention grabbing(espeically with your nice unproven claims) post?

NO

I give yours: 8.5/10 (considering I'm not a who fan that's a lot. ;))

That's from Dr. Who? I thought TFMF's avatar was War Machine from the Iron Man series of Marvel comics. :stare:

Considering I'm not a who and Marvel comics fan that's a lot... :cyclops:

Given that this is suppose to be a family friend site

WTF is that supposed to mean?

and your recent faye Avatars are closer to the risque side I think that's the reason why.
So basically it's a 1984 type issue where people use there own imagination ie.risque???? Sorry that arguement would fail miserably in court. You cant use imagination in a court of law the issue is clearly whether the avatar was wearing clothes which it clearly was!

I'm sure you can easily find a non-suggestive faye avatar to use in these parts.

Now you can LQQk at an ugly ass old guy instead of my "risque" Faye avatar, therefore since your happy now im happy........isnt that what everyone wants? just to be happy.

Family friendly - as in suitible for people for all ages

No doubt that's a load of palooza I cant believe im going to get played that way over an avatar with a skimpy outfit.

Guest Mrthumps

Exactly what TFMF said. Suitiable for all ages and everyone and being that your previous one was pulled methinks it wasn't suitiable for all ages and everyone. Seems simple so I don't know why you have trouble understanding it.

and your recent faye Avatars are closer to the risque side I think that's the reason why.
So basically it's a 1984 type issue where people use there own imagination ie.risque???? Sorry that arguement would fail miserably in court. You cant use imagination in a court of law the issue is clearly whether the avatar was wearing clothes which it clearly was!

Oh cut the "woe is me, everyone is against me, I am emo" crap.

Clearly, if you were asked to pull it and then said avatar was pulled then it must have been too risque for this forum. And I hate to break it to you sister but the only laws that matter are the rules and regulations that the mods and admins in these parts set and ask everyone to follow.

But whatever, if you need something to whine and complain about then go nuts, although I think you're heading towards BorisP-Troy terrority if you keep this up.

I'm sure you can easily find a non-suggestive faye avatar to use in these parts.

Now you can LQQk at an ugly ass old guy instead of my "risque" Faye avatar, therefore since your happy now im happy........isnt that what everyone wants? just to be happy.

Why are you so worked up and bitter over this? It's a freakin Avatar. Just a silly little picture that people use to identify themselves. I can't believe that this discussion over your avatar has gotten this far. Geez, just let it go cause I am and I'm done with trying to talk to you about it since you're trying to turn it into a "them vs me" situation.

in the meantime, since you're either too lazy or incapable of doing a simple google search, here are a few Faye avatars I found within 1 minute of a google search that you can easily use and not get in toruble with the folks around here. You may thank me later. :p

fayevalentinenr7.jpgcowboybebopfayevalentine01kd1.giffayeer9.gif

Exactly what TFMF said. Suitiable for all ages and everyone and being that your previous one was pulled methinks it wasn't suitiable for all ages and everyone. Seems simple so I don't know why you have trouble understanding it.

Oh cut the "woe is me, everyone is against me, I am emo" crap.

Clearly, if you were asked to pull it and then said avatar was pulled then it must have been too risque for this forum. And I hate to break it to you sister but the only laws that matter are the rules and regulations that the mods and admins in these parts set and ask everyone to follow.

But whatever, if you need something to whine and complain about then go nuts, although I think you're heading towards BorisP-Troy terrority if you keep this up.

Why are you so worked up and bitter over this? It's a freakin Avatar. Just a silly little picture that people use to identify themselves. I can't believe that this discussion over your avatar has gotten this far. Geez, just let it go cause I am and I'm done with trying to talk to you about it since you're trying to turn it into a "them vs me" situation.

in the meantime, since you're either too lazy or incapable of doing a simple google search, here are a few Faye avatars I found within 1 minute of a google search that you can easily use and not get in toruble with the folks around here. You may thank me later. :p

fayevalentinenr7.jpgcowboybebopfayevalentine01kd1.giffayeer9.gif

What are you the fucking thought police? gimme a fuckin break!!! i want my old avatar back and i dont need a city hall asskisser to tell me what's what! My avatar rep'd my personality and if you dont like it take a freakin leap but dont cry foul and play some "sorry ass" censure game on me like your going to get away with it.

Katerina, I don't understand what all your fuss and outrage is about. I mean, just ONE page back in THIS THREAD, you can plainly see this post about your other previous (nude) Faye avatar:

Consider yourself lucky. I find it a bit questionable since it seems out of line with the family friendly policy I've seen espoused here' date=' yet it remains.[/quote'] B) I get away with murder in life, on the web and now at niteshadow forum. Business as usual...........

So already you KNEW you were pushing it.

Also, concerning the stuff about thought-police and all that; well in an ideal society nobody would care about a little nudity, right? As long as it is tastefuly done. You know, art. That's okay to show kids, right? Of course it is. Most parents would agree. But your images weren't tasteful art. And you know that. Everyone who saw them does, and nobody ever jumped all over you like a Nazi for them; both pictures remained for a lot longer than I had ever expected.

So come on, you've been called on it and that's that.

Edit: And before you start... NO, I had absolutely nothing to do with it getting removed. I don't know who made that call and I certainly never complained about it to any of the mods. Whatever I have said about it is what you see above, and nothing more.