SG1 or Atlantis

wahaha

I liked the first season of Atlantis, as SG1 seemed to be growing stagnant with its 8th season allthough I still enjoyed it.

Not liking the new Atlantis season much at all, the characters still seem 1dimensional bar Rodney who I think is GREAT. But the stories have been very weak and contrived latetly.

I really love the new direction Sg1 has taken, and it appeals to me more than ever so I voted SG1 :)

I liked the first season of Atlantis' date=' as SG1 seemed to be growing stagnant with its 8th season allthough I still enjoyed it.[/quote']

I really didn't see SG-1 sagnating in season 8, they didn't bring in any new plot lines, simply because it was supposed to be the last season, and they were closing all the loose threads, and brining the whole series together very nicely. I thought season 8 had some of the best episodes in it, namely threads, and reckoning.

i am very sorry to say that being an sg1 lover throughout

the last 8 series that no 9 is boring the hell out of me

The first couple of episodes were great and its nice to see Ben Brewer back on our screens playing a good part but it just seems to be getting repetitive.

sg atlantis is getting better with every episode of s2

p

Atlantis. Its actually a new show, not one that is being reinvented due to the loss of THE main character. The new series seems to be following the downward spiral since about season 5-6. I have just watch seasons 1-3 of sg1 and thats the stuff they need. New and original stories with good scripts and a cohesive team dynamic. I have said this before, but RDA made sg1 what is was, not scared to take the piss out of itself while giving us intelligent sci fi. The latest trend is towards cheaper CGI and less substance, not say the effects arent good, but it much easier to film lots of battles etc, has made the programme (sg1) seem like one of those other dodgy sci fi such a Babylon 5 or Farscape. Although the season with the shadows was very good, the rest was pish. I really wish they had finished sg1 on the Morbius eps, like Star Trek nrmally does an ending involving time travel. Now I wonder if we will see a new series on Star trek?

I read sth abt a question a fan asked chris judge at a convention saying now that SONY has added their backing to SG1 that more money will be available for effects and stuff. I think it still has 1 or 2 more yrs left, and then they'll probably transfer most of the people to the atlantis show.

RDA was good for a few laughs, but I never much liked the actors they picked for general hammond and o'neill. The new guy has the same kind of demeanor of the original general from the movie.

I voted SG1. I thought it was going down knowing C.Black was leaving and RDA was gone. Then beachhead somewhat renewed my faith and the promise that Atlantis was starting to show fizzled out. Although, just the overly scientific/futureristic feel of Atlantis means that it will never reach the same level in my ratings as SG-1 as a whole.

RDA leaving was definitely a blow to the show, but since Season 8 he's been playing a very small role. I agree that Ben Browder can never replace RDA but I still think that a good dynamic is building up between the members of the team. Can't expect them to have a rapport after just a few episodes, some history needs to be built.

As far as which show is better I would definitely go with SG1 due to the fact that it immediately affects Earth (or our time) and what's going on here, than adventures in a distant galaxy. Besides I love the direction the show it going. Finally a enemy we can't just kill.

I agree I think SG-1 is doing a good job of trying to reinvent itself and I think Atlantis still needs time to develop they still don't have a settled team and most sci-fi series take at least 3-4 series to start to hit their straps.

I think this is because character development has to take a backseat to the storyline.

For example in DS9 the friendship between doctor Bashir and Chief O'Brien did not develop until season 3 and after that lots of stories were strengthened by the dynamic between those 2

The same in SG-1 Tiook (sic) did not develop until we learned of is son and more about the Jaffar. Before that he was a misterious tough guy with interesting biology.

I never much liked amanda, or her appearance. I've read some ppl saying she's the hottest girl in sci-fi. WRONGGGG.

I just think browder looks more like kurt, but not the same attitude. I like it when shows can get actors who look relatively the same as the character from the movie, the way they did with shanks playing spaders DJ. I couldn't tell them apart at first. But now he seems to be bulking up and getting less nerdy.

I think this new enemy will be with the show for a long time, and probably end the series out. Then it will be on to the big screen again.

SG1 for sure. That show started on showtime I believe back when the RCA mini Dish was a new thing. MacGuyver took a little getting used to, but I appreciated the character soon enough.

I tried to like Atlantis, but got bored quick on every episode.

Atlantis for me by a mile.

Loved the Stargate movie and was really excited when I heard there was going to be a series until I found out about RDA. I can't stand him, but did give the series a go and watched the first 3 seasons. But unfortunately my dislike of him just grew and grew and I stopped watching.

As much as I love Who, I don't think 27 years is really viable since they had to cancell it, reinvent it, and put it back on the air. Might as well say star trek has been going for 30+ years. Although who did go for something like 17 (???) without a hick-up, didn't it?

I would say in this day and age 9 years is very impressive. Who didn't have to contend with hundreds of channels and everybody and their dog running a new Sci-Fi series (or against star trek for most of its run).

Still, Who is undoubtedly the best sci-fi series ;) but SG-1 is not far behind in my eyes

its really hard to compare nine seasons versus two (ok, one and a third). so, considering SGA is only in its second season and they had a very good first season in my opinion, I vote for Atlanits. I like both series and I think they really rock but as subspatial said:

I think Atlantis will be the big show soon :)