Where did your SN come from?

dva2082

Some of us have SN's that are sorta obvious, some of ours are not..

Sooooooo.. What does YOUR SN mean, if anything??

Mine: DVA2082 = Delta Virtual Airlines pilot #2082.. just easy to remember.. I fly for Delta Virtual Airlines with my Flight Sim :)

Chris

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

two parts (one unique, one not)

i got started online about 10 years ago, when I was about 14. Was big into online gaming at the time, Duke3D and Quake were my firsts. I was big into for some reason the movie TopGun, I just enjoyed the dog fighting in jet planes and the characters (admittingly so the love story was crap). Also enjoyed the MegaManX games on SNES (the more common guess most people ask about) So I also loved the name Maverick which over the years I just shorted to Mav.

the "sn" part came from back in the day, early days, of "Suprnova" back before it was a frakking house-hold name that was on TechTV or Discovery channel every night on some damn show. When I first registered on their forums, the name was taken, obviously, and so were just about any name you could literally think of. But at one point they had to immediately switch hosting for the forums cause they grew so big, we're talking like 50,000 users. So they regged a domain and setup shop for new forums. Unfortunately they couldn't port over the database, so it started clean. I was "fortunate" enough to register again, but with my typical name of Mav.

And we all know the story of "Suprnova"'s fall from grace, and ever since if I register for a torrent site or torrent forums, I just slap "sn" on the nick cause usually either my name is taken, or rarely (yet still happens) I'll bump into some one "Suprnova" forum regulars (I was a typical poster in their tv torrent section)

I woulda registered, as my normal nick (haven't found a "mav" yet here), but I already got a good share rating going on this one so I'll stick with it.

Mine goes back to 1987 when I first came online. I called myself "TheAvenger". Someone had that name, so I shorted it to theaveng. (More recently... I bought a Dodge Avenger... how ironic; it was like I was predicting my future car purchase.)

My other handle is "electrictroy" which refers to my job as an electrical engineer + my name. (Some ladies think it's a reference to their personal vibrators!)) :o

troy

The first PC game I ever played / bought was C&C Red Alert, and I playes that game constantelly. Then later on I moved in with 2 brothers that played online FPS games constatelly, namely Delta Force 2 and Soldier of Fortune 2, so I had to pick a name when we played.

Since I was born in Soviet Union, and played a lot of Red Alert 1 /2 / Yuri's Revenge, I picked the name ]FC[soviet (]FC[, being the clan that they had, Fight Club). Then over the years it evolved to Sovi3t, SOVI3T, SOV13T (yes, it WAS an oh, and not a zero for a while!), then I finally went for S0V13T, based on the reasoning of having an equal and alternating amount of numbers and letters, witch reflected both my personal origins (Soviet Union) and the alternating letters and numbers reflected my unwavering loyalty to The Art of War battle tactics (I make it a point to never use the same tactics that brought me a victory over and over again.

That and the 3 reminds me of the crylic letter that looks like a backwards E.

When I was younger, my mother constantly said that I was playing "mind games" with her. Being a big Star Wars fan, I basicly took the name from the "Jedi mind trick". Usually I use mindtrick27 for my sn, to say the least I was very surprised when just MindTrick wasn't registered here yet.

I've had mine since the early days of the interweb. I picked it because a Queen named Hank sounds funny. Incidentally, for a while, I would get submissions for other titles to add on. At one point, I'd be signing posts with two paragraphs of titles for myself (queen of the faeries, AKA Fagbeard the pirate, etc.) that people had suggested. I quit when it became far too cumbersome.

I've only had mine for a while, I wanted something cool and sci-fi-ish I started out with "Vector" and it basically progressed like so:

Vector -> Vectral -> Vectra -> Vektra -> Vektram (as far as I can remember.) with Google searches for every name in case someone already had it. :)

For mine, there is no real background; I used to use 'Tiamat' for a long time as a homage to Sumerian mythology but I kinda found the one I use now to be more neat. I think part of it was inspired by a game once, some might probably argue that parts of my nick has something to do with 'how I am', and they're probably right.

I'm thinking about moving and get a new ident though.

Well for a long time I went by the name Demon, I even have a web site with the name in it. Just before I signed on here a friend of mine gave me a new name. CrazyMiracleMan she told me it fit me just right, For one she said I am crazy to a ponit, 2 she said that it is a miracle that I am still alive and last she said I am but just a man. So when I signed on here I shorten the name to just CrazyMan. I did that because lots of the torrent sites wouldnt take my full name, said it was to long... :cyclops: